Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Steelers.
I just want it on record that i think Bucks will coach our next premiership.

It's inevitable that when he starts doing well everybody will jump on the bandwagon and say they've always backed him, just like early this year...

But i trust Bucks wholeheartedly, we are exactly where we were expected to be prior to the year given our age profile. Throw in injuries and being on the fringe of the eight isn't so bad. We are still travelling in the right direction.

I'll see you guys back here somewhere between 2016-18 to rub it in.

I could not agree more, I hate all the negative talk I see here about our club. Ask yourself if we would be challenging for the flag with the list we had in 2010, answer is no. I'm happy for bucks to fiddle with the list even though it may result to short term pain.

Ffs sake its not about now im angry with, its what we threw away in 2011-12 with all the unnecessary turmoil. Egos from all involved cost us another premiership.

Having won only 2 in 50 years i thought it was lunacy. Its hard enough to win against 17 other clubs yet we decided to fight amongst ourselves too.

If Bucks bring's in a crumbing small forward in next year I'll back him.

I just want it on record that i think Bucks will coach our next premiership.

It's inevitable that when he starts doing well everybody will jump on the bandwagon and say they've always backed him, just like early this year...

But i trust Bucks wholeheartedly, we are exactly where we were expected to be prior to the year given our age profile. Throw in injuries and being on the fringe of the eight isn't so bad. We are still travelling in the right direction.

I'll see you guys back here somewhere between 2016-18 to rub it in.
Uncle Buck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't 100% back Bucks, because let's face it we aren't succeeding at the moment, but I'm also not going to blame the current predicament entirely on him.

When the President comes out on his own TV show and says we are investigating our "medical and fitness programme" with assistance from world leaders in the area, I say give the coach a little bit of leeway.

The coach is along way away from our worst problem at the moment, don't worry about that.

I don't 100% back Bucks, because let's face it we aren't succeeding at the moment, but I'm also not going to blame the current predicament entirely on him.

When the President comes out on his own TV show and says we are investigating our "medical and fitness programme" with assistance from world leaders in the area, I say give the coach a little bit of leeway.

The coach is along way away from our worst problem at the moment, don't worry about that.

Very well said Matty

You can’t back him 100% as we have gone only Backwards with him in Charge but You can’t entity say it’s his Fault.

I agree I have lost some faith in Eddie over this Change over from Mick to Bucks as it was a Disaster. MM Winging just before he went and Creating sides at Collingwood.

The Medical Fitness Programme has been a Disaster for 2 Years.

The Whole Club needs a good look at themselves. The Markerting Team is Driving people away with stupid Dance Troupes and Advertising during the game with the Get Loud s**t

My take on it is that until or unless I see some concrete evidence that Bucks is a problem I will back him. Am I convinced that he is the right man for the job? No, I can't say that unequivocally but I have insufficient evidence to convince me that the opposite is true either or that there is a better solution than allowing things to play out for another year or two. What I will say is that I like the noises I hear coming out of the Westpac Centre for the most part and having listened to Bucks' Grandstand interview a lot of my concerns were put to rest at least for now.

The problem that I see for some around here is that they seem sceptical about everything put out by the club and any plausible explanation is dismissed out of hand. What you can't help drawing from that is that there are still plenty of people out there who will never let go of what they believe was a mistake in implementing the succession plan. That unfortunately is another whole can of worms where the facts are difficult to sort from the crap. What I can sympathise with is that it seems from the outside that the process, while possibly visionary in theory, in execution was probably flawed because it was too loose. What I can't sympathise with is the inability to move on and support the club because if that's your problem then it's Eddie you ought to be looking to lynch, not Bucks and there is a perfectly democratic process for dealing with that.

My take on it is that until or unless I see some concrete evidence that Bucks is a problem I will back him. Am I convinced that he is the right man for the job? No, I can't say that unequivocally but I have insufficient evidence to convince me that the opposite is true either or that there is a better solution than allowing things to play out for another year or two. What I will say is that I like the noises I hear coming out of the Westpac Centre for the most part and having listened to Bucks' Grandstand interview a lot of my concerns were put to rest at least for now.

The problem that I see for some around here is that they seem sceptical about everything put out by the club and any plausible explanation is dismissed out of hand. What you can't help drawing from that is that there are still plenty of people out there who will never let go of what they believe was a mistake in implementing the succession plan. That unfortunately is another whole can of worms where the facts are difficult to sort from the crap. What I can sympathise with is that it seems from the outside that the process, while possibly visionary in theory, in execution was probably flawed because it was too loose. What I can't sympathise with is the inability to move on and support the club because if that's your problem then it's Eddie you ought to be looking to lynch, not Bucks and there is a perfectly democratic process for dealing with that.

Well said, except highlighted in regard to noises on injury timeframes :)
Can you please summarise Bucks' Grandstand interview for me?
My general thoughts are along the lines of yours, Mateyman & Mattys123

Well said, except highlighted in regard to noises on injury timeframes :)
Can you please summarise Bucks' Grandstand interview for me?
My general thoughts are along the lines of yours, Mateyman & Mattys123

Well it good hearing the Noise from the Club but it has to turn to fact on the Field and not just Talk

Well it good hearing the Noise from the Club but it has to turn to fact on the Field and not just Talk
Exactly. My implication was that the injury timeframes have seemed too inconsistent. Certainly not suggesting they say nothing about expected durations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back