I Had No Idea That Was The Same Actor

Remove this Banner Ad

Hannah Waddingham -

images

Rebecca from Ted Lasso who I would quietly smash into next week politely introduce to my mum.

Thought she looked familiar

hannah-waddingham-lena-headey.jpg

Shame

Quietly?

One the other way around. I saw Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and for years thought Ted and Deacon's strict father Police Captain Logan was played by Bob Newhart. It wasn't until Bill and Ted Face The Music came out in 2020 that I found out he was played by Hal Landon Junior.

American actress Diane Franklin's breakout role was as Patricia Montelli in the 1982 movie 'Amityville 2 - The Possession' the second movie of which would be a long line of horror films featuring the infamous house on Ocean Avenue in Amityville New York with its eerie quadrant shaped attic windows. This controversial movie was a heavily fictionalized account of the real-life DeFeo family murders that took place at the property in 1974. Years later, Diane Franklin would play Louise DeFeo, the wife/mother of the real family in the 2018 film 'Amityville Murders'. Burt Young would also return, he played the father in the 1982 movie, and the grandfather in the 2018 movie.

However, I had absolutely no idea that Diane Franklin also played Princess Joanna in 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure', the first movie in this franchise, but she didn't return for either of the two sequels, which were recast both times. The actress to portray the other princess, Princess Elizabeth, was also recast in each movie.

In the mid 1960s as the decimal currency changeover on 14-Feb-1966 approached, Australians got to meet two amusing characters in a short animated segment with a catchy tune explaining how decimal currency would work. These were Dollar Bill, who was very enthusiastic about the change to decimal currency, and Mr. Pound, who is wary of the change and more comfortable sticking with pounds, shillings and pence.

But what I never knew until recently was that Dollar Bill and Mr. Pound were voiced by two famous Australian actors. Kevin Golsby, who had a 50 year career from 1961-2011 voiced Dollar Bill, while the late Ross Higgins (Ted Bullpit from Kingswood Country) voiced Mr. Pound.

Here's one I learned of today and I am stunned.

I am a huge fan of the Indiana Jones trilogy (we shall not speak of the 4th film). Have seen them all more times than I care to remember.

Whilst not as big a fan of LOTR, I've seen them many times too.

'I had no idea' is exactly right...

1672669866543.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

302565095_5575902215820270_2051165199486342775_n.jpg

Caitlin Fitzgerald and Elizabeth Debicki are near doppelgangers. I can barely yet accurately tell them apart, Debicki is like the full distinct contoured version and Caitlin just a smidgen more normal looking. Apparently Debicki is a few inches taller as well so if you saw them together you'd know.

I have watched Footloose and Gremlins from 1984, Back to the Future from 1985 and the original Scream from 1996 all on many occasions but had no idea that actress Frances Lee McCain was in each of them. She played Ren McCormack's mother in Footloose, and Billy Peltzer's mother in Gremlins and the next year played Stella Baines in Back to the Future, mother of Lorraine and a number of other kids, and grandmother of Marty, Dave and Linda McFly. In Scream in 1996 she played the mother of Dewey and Tatum Riley.

I was watching the Aussie ABC series 'Bay of Fires'. Thought I'd look up who was playing one of the lead characters Jeremiah, as he didn't look familiar at all. The answer was Toby Leonard Moore. "Never heard of him", I said. So I looked up what else he'd been in and I had literally been watching him as a major character in American series 'The Blacklist' a month or so ago... & he's also in 'Billions'. Amazing what a beard & longer hair can do!

images
images

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back