Roast I hope AD watched the Super Bowl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2011
Moorabin
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hope our CEO Alex Dimitriatis or whateverthef#k his name is watched the superbowl over and over and over again. To see what real grand final entertainment looks like. Bruno Mars Vs the Peppers was INSANE!
The AFL is a Billion dollar industry. If their serious about promoting our game Internationally. Its time they started acting like it.
I mean who even played at half time last year, some nobody wash up band that no one cares about.
But don't worry the brainstrust at the AFL will be sure to bring out something fresh and new this year like Paul Kelly and Midnight Oil. YAY. Go AFL!

and BTW GO SEAHAWKS!

The NFL makes 9 billion dollars a year (and is only going up). AFL makes something like 420 million. Pretty much impossible to compete with numbers like that.

Yeah but they can do better than this.

I love in the end the "GO FREO!" lol
lets face it, on the international stage this code is a joke. and todays NFL entertainment just confirmed it again.

I don't really give a crap about half time entertainment but good luck getting anything near that good during the day. Until they do a night Grand Final I'm not sure there is much point in trying to go spectacular.

Edit: If Beiber keeps on falling off the rails we should get him to do the half time entertainment. It will be like having a young meatloaf! :thumbsu:

Yeah but they can do better than this.
lets face it, on the international stage this code is a joke. and todays NFL entertainment just confirmed it again.

...Yeah. Can't say I agree. The Super Bowl feels like a spectacle more than a sporting event, the name itself bothers me. I love that tennis (and to a lesser extent AFL) is centered around the contest itself. I watched some of the Super Bowl and it almost didn't seem like real life, like I felt like I was watching someone play video games.

If I had to take something from another code I would rather we had European football crowds than American half-time entertainment.

I would rather we had European football crowds than American half-time entertainment.

See, I'd rather females attended matches. Nothing like seeing a cute Saints chick. Families and kids.

You make note about the contest. There is no doubt all those grown men singing is the result of a lack of highlights and having to create your own fun.

The A-LEAGUE is an embarrassing spectacle. Pretty loud crowds though...

Agree about the Superbowl. You lose sight of what it's actually meant to be about. The AFL needs to fine tune half time entertainment to at least look like a competent organization. But all the focus should be on the heart-in-the-mouth contest.

The NFL makes 9 billion dollars a year (and is only going up). AFL makes something like 420 million. Pretty much impossible to compete with numbers like that.

The nfl is so big they didn't have to pay mars or RHCP. The Nfl revenue is 9 billion per year, each team average a 44 million profit last year, except the Packers which like the NFL itself are NFP. Most of the teams IIRC still give away all merchandising
Profits To charities

This year's Superbowl became a joke on the back of Denver choking so hard.

For real sporting entertainment (from the sport itself) the 3 previous years were fantastic (personally highlighted by Green Bay winning from the Wildcard round with half the starting team out to injury).

The AFL got bad cold feet after Meat Loaf was out of key, and a bunch of tripple J loving forum posters complained that the AFL doesn't do enough for local acts, hence the 2012/2013 snooze fest indie hipster acts, which, whatever you think of the music, just does not have the high enough energy levels to really pump a crowd up at a huge sporting event and make people get off their seats and create an atmosphere.

If Meat Loaf was allowed to have a soundcheck and rehearsal, which he claims he didn't, the AFL would have continued on that path of bigger and better internationally known acts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL got bad cold feet after Meat Loaf was out of key, and a bunch of tripple J loving forum posters complained that the AFL doesn't do enough for local acts, hence the 2012/2013 snooze fest indie hipster acts, which, whatever you think of the music, just does not have the high enough energy levels to really pump a crowd up at a huge sporting event and make people get off their seats and create an atmosphere.

If Meat Loaf was allowed to have a soundcheck and rehearsal, which he claims he didn't, the AFL would have continued on that path of bigger and better internationally known acts.

Couldn't they get AC DC doing long way to the top or something? You am I doing something up beat. Even Ricky Martin doing that world cup song? But meatloaf? I think my grandma had him on her gramaphone once. The footage of angry anderson in a pimp my ride cardboard batmobile sounded like a better concept.

Couldn't they get AC DC doing long way to the top or something? You am I doing something up beat. Even Ricky Martin doing that world cup song? But meatloaf? I think my grandma had him on her gramaphone once. The footage of angry anderson in a pimp my ride cardboard batmobile sounded like a better concept.

No chance acdc will do it. Better chance of getting the stones.

Super Bowl threw millions at them. Didn't even get their attention. BDO has also done the same. Got nothing

ACDC dont play Long way to the top anymore anyway as they consider it "Bon Scott's song".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back