Media If you do just one thing Mr. Admin - do this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Poster wise, my friend.

Poster wise?

Then surely you have to realise that your own team falls into the category of the dregs of the league?

Falls away very very sharply after your best 5.

Poster wise?

Then surely you have to realise that your own team falls into the category of the dregs of the league?

Who is in our best 5 and who is after it?

You, AB, Noobz, spookism, golumless.

Millky gets an honourable mention because he isn't completely terrible.

Can't name any more of your team.

Golumless plays for the gumbies?
Would you be able to name posters of any team beyond the top 5?

Would you be able to name posters of any team beyond the top 5?

Yes.

For example the Bombers: HaroLad, KohPhi, Miggs, Tony Lynn, PhenomenalVI, TheCoach16, burningdwarf, beez, itsmyshow

Hawks: Elton Johns Wig, Loonerty, Mr Eagle, TFW, brahj, GN80, Brownbottle, Eagling, Danoz.

DO I need to continue?

OOh wait - I just remembered Far Kern for you guys... What happened to him this season? Fell off a cliff.

Yes.

For example the Bombers: HaroLad, KohPhi, Miggs, Tony Lynn, PhenomenalVI, TheCoach16, burningdwarf, beez, itsmyshow

Hawks: Elton Johns Wig, Loonerty, Mr Eagle, TFW, brahj, GN80, Brownbottle, Eagling, Danoz.

DO I need to continue?

OOh wait - I just remembered Far Kern for you guys... What happened to him this season? Fell off a cliff.
So for those two teams you've named 9 names each and 2 each (beez, IMS, Brown Bottle, Danoz) you probably are only able to name due to past reputations, none have maintained a strong presence in the league this season.

It's not the role of posters beyond your core group to be well known, your top 5-7 carry the team around the league and the posters after that just need to plug away every week in match threads. Besides being able to name a poster doesn't mean they're good or making the team better. Some posters most can name for all the wrong reasons.

Far Kern took an extended break to handle some IRL matters.

The obvious solution to the problem the OP poses is to use our influence in the United Nations to get the duration of a year shortened to 42 weeks.

Do I have to do ALL the lateral thinking around here? :rolleyes:

You, AB, Noobz, spookism, golumless.

Millky gets an honourable mention because he isn't completely terrible.

Can't name any more of your team.

Golumless plays for the gumbies?

For now..

Yes.

DO I need to continue?

Laughable that you name Phenomenal, Coach, beez, and IMS but no Rats rookies or has beens.

beez and IMS are so irrelevant it isn't funny.

Poster wise?

The rats had a very powerful top 5-6 for S23, the rest is just nitpicking.

But no, Gumbie now and let me post this again:

The Gumbies?

Noobz0r, Golumless, SM, Quivorir, Willo_, Wise Guy Sam Fryer Tuck, StFly and TBC beg to differ.

I'm hard.

For now..

I'll be a Gumbie until S26 at least.

I know what I'm getting myself into it.

Poster wise, my friend.

Its funny that your whole gumbies thing is not keeping stats and just letting people do their thing. We have been doing that all season and get roasted for it.

#doublestandards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm... 17 week seasons for some, miniature 11 week seasons for others.
11 week seasons would be rubbish IMO. Churning out quick seasons would lose a little of the enjoyment for me.

You need a beggining, middle and end of a season. 11 weeks doesn't give us enough time to even settle in, plus finals then goes for almost half of the normal season? Boring.

Its funny that your whole gumbies thing is not keeping stats and just letting people do their thing. We have been doing that all season and get roasted for it.

#doublestandards

You certainly don't hide your bitterness well.

I completely agree with you McSpookface :thumbsu:

it is too long, especially playing the same teams twice, especially when a few teams are pretty boring to start with. I barely posted in the round 17 game against the wolves, yet still almost couldn't get into the qualifying final game. You want to be at your best posting in a finals game imo, not sick of it already.

I think we should play all teams once a season, keep it short and keep people interested.
Why should the league suffer because you lose interest?

I have never lost interest in a season, and Mt Buller win jack s**t. It is what you make it.

Laughable that you name Phenomenal, Coach, beez, and IMS but no Rats rookies or has beens.

beez and IMS are so irrelevant it isn't funny.

I can't name any of your rookies.

You are sorely mistaken, i give a sum total of zero ****s anyone who has spoken to me in pm can attest to that

You really don't hide your bitterness well.

The "I don't give a *" response is much more disinterested and passive I.e. not this:

#doublestandards

See that is bitter, especially the #doublestandards hashtag.

Now there is nothing wrong with bitter, but at least be honest with yourself instead of this charade.

You really don't hide your bitterness well.

The "I don't give a ****" response is much more disinterested and passive I.e. not this:

See that is bitter, especially the #doublestandards hashtag.

Now there is nothing wrong with bitter, but at least be honest with yourself instead of this charade.

Ah poor Wonders

you spend your whole Wonders life trying to be as good as the Furies

you moved to the Rats and this bitterness infected the team and turned what was once an enjoyable team into petulant sooks

now you and noobz can move to the Gumbies and do it all again there

and anyone who calls you out is the bitter one ;)

I look forward to the Rats being enjoyable again especially after Millky95 steps down to let the rightful ruler Ant Bear sit on the throne

#doublestandards

Odd statement from the League's most notorious helicopter mother.

Ah poor Wonders

you spend your whole Wonders life trying to be as good as the Furies

you moved to the Rats and this bitterness infected the team and turned what was once an enjoyable team into petulant sooks

now you and noobz can move to the Gumbies and do it all again there

and anyone who calls you out is the bitter one ;)

I look forward to the Rats being enjoyable again especially after Millky95 steps down to let the rightful ruler Ant Bear sit on the throne

Cute. I wasn't the one being bitter about getting "roasted" for not having public post counts. :)

Now firstly: why would anyone aspire to be home brand Vanilla?

Secondly: Maybe try recruiting more posters who are genuinely interesting like tgrs instead of post count posters?

Thirdly: Gumbies are already a powerhouse with the lineup we have. :)

Last edited:
Sorry spookism but if we start making the season any shorter, it's going to become a joke.

Originally the competition ran for 22 rounds over the AFL footy season with no Qooty from September through to March. 1 year = 1 season.

2 seasons per year is as short as it should be and the 17 round season is about right IMHO.

Here's my idea, Hate.

Personally, I think it needs to be a 17 round season then a 16 round season. That way everyone plays everyone 3 times over 2 seasons.

season.JPG

The numbers represent the rounds over 2 seasons. Once implemented, it's an easy process to follow, we don't need to redo the fixture every season and we spread out our opponents. Easy.

Sorry spookism but if we start making the season any shorter, it's going to become a joke.

Originally the competition ran for 22 rounds over the AFL footy season with no Qooty from September through to March. 1 year = 1 season.

2 seasons per year is as short as it should be and the 17 round season is about right IMHO.

Here's my idea, Hate.

Personally, I think it needs to be a 17 round season then a 16 round season. That way everyone plays everyone 3 times over 2 seasons.

View attachment 380918

The numbers represent the rounds over 2 seasons. Once implemented, it's an easy process to follow, we don't need to redo the fixture every season and we spread out our opponents. Easy.

Frankston Rover This is a very informative and well constructed post.

have you thought of running for SFA admin ? you would be good at it I feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back