Opinion I'm finished...

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a break for a few months. I did that a couple years ago.

This is good advice Nate7. ''Finished" is unnecessarily final.

And my advice for what it's worth is if you return, stay away from the other team boards. Nothing good can come from visiting them.

While I can't say that I know you, it's sad to see a good guy leave. Thankyou for taking the time to explain your reasoning, and in my short time here I have to agree that it is at times a bit too vitriolic and unthinking for my liking (though I can't imagine how much worse it must be to get specifically targeted via PM's :( ). Hopefully you expressing yourself will lead to a change of approach and tact from some, and make this place more welcoming. And if it does hopefully we see you posting again.

Life's too short to put yourself through unpleasant situations for no reward, hopefully things in general look a bit better after leaving us.

All the best :)

It's not time nate to make a change. Just relax and take it easy.

Take your time, think a lot. In fact think of every like you've got.

Because your posts may still be here tomorrow, but your threads may not.

I might set these beautiful words to music. I'm thinking heavy metal or a slow blues in A.

I dont get the OP. Do people really take posting in BF this seriously?

I do it for fun and if i step on some toes with a post here and there, such is life.

Big Footy is a great way to learn news too. I honestly cant think of anything anyone would write on here that could offend me.

Sorry to see you leave BF, but hope to catch up with you in real life again sometime.

Each to their own. I have seen a lot change in my time. Things get better, things get worse, things get better again, good posters come and go, and so do ones I don't care for. I choose to stay and filter out the stuff that bothers me rather than lose what's become an important link for me with a wider NMFC supporting community. Not to mention the place that gave me something useful to do in 2007, when I'd have otherwise just sat at home stressed and upset.

Don't feel you can never come back if you feel differently down the track. In fact, change your name and most of us will never know it's you.

I dont get the OP. Do people really take posting in BF this seriously?

I do it for fun and if i step on some toes with a post here and there, such is life.

Big Footy is a great way to learn news too. I honestly cant think of anything anyone would write on here that could offend me.

+1. Well said.

And I think the correct title of this thread is "I'm done".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just take a little break no need to totally disappear, end of the day it's an open forum and people just throwing up there ideas and opinions. Everyone just loves our club and we all want the best, just rememberb to try not take stuff to heart.

Last edited:
Dont forget to............... smoke weed everyday
dancing-2.gif

On topic, I feel like you've just summarised the internet in general. Just take a break and come back, or stop taking things to heart.

who will you talk footy with now. i don't stress too much, I have a busy schedule so only check early some mornings and once the littlies go to sleep, enough to keep sane and insane.....

Well I was excited and barking up the wrong tree obviously.

I liked your posting and read with interest any of your VFL thoughts.Thanks for that :)

But I should explain I thought 'I'm finished' was an exposé on all things NMFC and was looking forward to the read.

Shouldn't go though, * 'em all I say, unless I'm one of your reasons for leaving. then you can .....

Not sure what I missed, but I miss a lot because I have half of BF on ignore, including a fair few North posters. Sadly, choosing this great club doesn't mean everyone is worthy of listening to or reading.

You are better off just ignoring people you deem moronic, then they wont bother you again.

BF is just like a a bunch of drunk people at a bar, there is a lot of noise, a lot of barely coherent conversations and like that setting you have to tune out the background noise from those you actually wish to engage with in discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back