Roast I'm sick and tired of losing

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact is we are a rebuilding team.

Jy I really like but to think a barely AFL standard in McDonald as Captain shows exactly why we are terrible

You know what, yes we have been shocking for a long time, but that has been based on a multitude of different circumstances. There is no need to list them because we all know what they are.

We now (finally) have some serious talent on our list and a coaching team that actually knows what they’re doing. We are a young young team with a weak defensive line and a lack of experience, but I believe we will get there.

I highly doubt the players are going to walk around disenchanted and sad because a) they are excited and competitive and youthful and b) they want to succeed (just listen to sheez).

So seriously, yeah it’s hard but I have faith. I always will. I love North. It’s been tough but I cannot imagine for 1 second a seasoned coach like clarko is planning to let north keep losing forever.

We will beat them Eagle, Hawfs , * and GC if they're not going well cause they'll sook.

Then we'll snag a suprise win at some point.

I see Magoo had one kick and 2 marks today. how'd Duursma go.

#winning as we darn say
Magoo seemed to be avoiding the footy....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. Just watched the first quarter and most of the second. We were electric. Three chances to break their back and we missed them. s**t to lose again but there is real hope now. It’ll come. I said in the preview we wouldn’t win this week but that’s ok - we are playing a style that will get us some wins this year. And then we build from there. Chins up all.

So what is your plan then?

Tell us.

What is the secret?

How do we beat Carlton?
Bring the same attacking flare.
Never allow a run on. You watch good sides, they go manic mode if 2 or 3 goals are scored against them in a row.
We probably need to mix in a little tempo footy as well so we dont blow ourselves up.

I’m over it completely. I get that there is improvement and nothing will be as bad as the 2nd year under Noble but I’d just love to see more than 3-4 wins in a season

We should have won that today, Freo didn’t turn up until 5 minutes left in the second and then we rolled over.

I put no blame on the 1st and 2nd year players. It’s all on anyone over 22 that’s been there for 6,7 or even 8 years, they are now the senior players and some, even the majority are simply not up to it or don’t do enough.

I’ll never stop going, I’ll never not buy a membership but I’m well and truly over losing every week and having no hope. We have 0 chance of winning any of our next 3 and that makes today even worse
We could always go back to recruiting journeymen to get 6 to 8 wins, but that'll be another decade or two of nothing.
That is WAY more painful for me to watch.

Roughly my sentiments too. It's self indulgent and pointless to start a thread about this, but when you experience pain, it's nice to have others there with you who know about it.

I'm thinking of suspending my account and maybe you should too mate. It's worse to be constantly exposed to the optimism, the hype about so and so's pre season, the news that the team's looking fitter, the news that old mate who half the board wrote off actually could play football all along, only for it all to amount to jack s**t when the real stuff starts.

Consider it, at least. The tunnel in which we still remain far away from the proverbial light, even after four long years and the most spectacular run of mismanagement and misfortune in recent footy history, will be easier to navigate if you cut yourself off from most things North

Roughly my sentiments too. It's self indulgent and pointless to start a thread about this, but when you experience pain, it's nice to have others there with you who know about it.

I'm thinking of suspending my account and maybe you should too mate. It's worse to be constantly exposed to the optimism, the hype about so and so's pre season, the news that the team's looking fitter, the news that old mate who half the board wrote off actually could play football all along, only for it all to amount to jack s**t when the real stuff starts.

Consider it, at least. The tunnel in which we still remain far away from the proverbial light, even after four long years and the most spectacular run of mismanagement and misfortune in recent footy history, will be easier to navigate if you cut yourself off from most things North
Join us for a beer zoomba23

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

How is my thread that way?
Because it doesn't achieve anything practical. (Nothing on this site achieves anything practical tbf, but this is particularly non-practical). It's wallowing in public where you could just wallow in private and save everyone from listening to you.

That said, don't take my comment purely in the context of the opening sentence. I empathise with you. I'm in anguish too, I've thought the same thoughts that you've outlined, and I can see why you've started the thread. I sat in my seat for twenty minutes after the game today just staring into space. Feeling nothing.

We're all here cos we have an emotional attachment to an organisation comprised of people whose job it is to ensure that a ball is transferred around a patch of grass as well as possible. This may be the fifth year in a row in which they do this in a subpar fashion. And it hurts to watch.

Consider stepping away. We're all diehard North people here, but there are many other aspects of life that will bring you joy until you feel up to the possibility of hanging around this forum whilst we lose. There's no reason for threads like this to be popping up if people know how far their tether extends. Mine's almost exhausted and I reckon yours is too. No shame in looking after yourself for a bit

We could always go back to recruiting journeymen to get 6 to 8 wins, but that'll be another decade or two of nothing.
That is WAY more painful for me to watch.
At this point, I disagree. I'd do almost anything for 6 wins.

Because it doesn't achieve anything practical. (Nothing on this site achieves anything practical tbf, but this is particularly non-practical). It's wallowing in public where you could just wallow in private and save everyone from listening to you.

That said, don't take my comment purely in the context of the opening sentence. I empathise with you. I'm in anguish too, I've thought the same thoughts that you've outlined, and I can see why you've started the thread. I sat in my seat for twenty minutes after the game today just staring into space. Feeling nothing.

We're all here cos we have an emotional attachment to an organisation comprised of people whose job it is to ensure that a ball is transferred around a patch of grass as well as possible. This may be the fifth year in a row in which they do this in a subpar fashion. And it hurts to watch.

Consider stepping away. We're all diehard North people here, but there are many other aspects of life that will bring you joy until you feel up to the possibility of hanging around this forum whilst we lose. There's no reason for threads like this to be popping up if people know how far their tether extends. Mine's almost exhausted and I reckon yours is too. No shame in looking after yourself for a bit

Thanks for the psych assessment on me.

I'm ok despite mum with terminal cancer and you're lecture is not appreciated.

At this point, I disagree. I'd do almost anything for 6 wins.
I know, most people are the same. Take the short term goodies over the long term gain.

Easy done, trade out the young guys for 27 years olds and you'll to the promised land of 6 wins easy. We should probably get Scotts back for that rebuild tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back