Roast I'm sick and tired of losing

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to bag a club champion but Todd came back down to earth yesterday after a very good first game for * and it was largely because they brought in Draper to share the ruck duties. I guess Brad Scott isn't aware that Todd has never really played well when he has to spend half the game wandering around the forward line waiting to be tagged in to the ruck.
Why would he be aware of that, it's not like he's ever watched North closely

The season is only 2 games in and most of us already lost hope
I thought 6-8 wins this year but with that defence , 4 prob more likely
We really need an upset win against a good side to restore some faith in this club
Sounds like your saying its the defences fault when our forwards dont seem to be going so well. Larkey kicks 1.1 . Zuurhar kicks 2 goals and is hardly sighted in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, Curtis 2.2 and the same as Zuurhar hardly sighted for 2 quarters. Stephenson 1 goal and 10 possessions mostly in the first quarter, CCJ did not score and 9 possessions, and Lazarro 10 possessions and also did not score. Duursma kicked 2 behinds and 15 possessions yet showed more presence than some of the others playing forward. If we cant put a score on the board the defence can only do so much to help and when you think that 4 of the 6 playing in defence are new l think they are holding up ok....remember Melbourne when they went rebuild and got demolished by the Cats and look at them now yet everyone laughed at them back then..This will take time. l dont like losing however l am liking the progress l am seeing and can wait to see how the future unfolds...

Tell you what. I am not sure enough is being made about losing our best player on the eve of the season for an unexplained suspension and subsequent termination. Bloke would have been handy yesterday in the third in the square when we needed a clearance desperately.
Because he demonstrated he is so capable of following instruction? Good riddance to him i say.

Last edited:
Because he demonstrated he is so cspable of following instruction? Good riddance to him i say.
Well that’s your prerogative. Charlie Lazzaro is the kind of guy I hope my daughter one day marries. But I sure as hell ain’t picking him over TT when I am trying to win a clearance at Jackson and Sarrong to try and turn the tide

There is a big difference between losing to say, the Lions in Brisbane.

That is not my reason for the thread, it's the winnable games like yesterday.

Even in the Laidley years we had a spine and showed courage, i see none of that in this group.

Sure a few young players look fantastic, but a losing always culture isn't ideal for players or supporters.

It has to change and fast.

Why put me in charge of recruiting journeymen for 6 wins, thats what you want, not me.
Im more than happy with our direction under Clarko.
As am I - just having a joke. After the last few years, if you don't laugh, you'll cry

As am I - just having a joke. After the last few years, if you don't laugh, you'll cry

Or just switch off completely.

That's a risk of happening, as we are all completely tired of losing, but how many rusted on supporters do we have?

I'd suggest not as many as other clubs so this s**t needs to change.

Our age profile is not an excuse but it’s a reality we need to consider.

We have the youngest list with the least experience.

Constructively we can look at the facts and understanding around where we are and where we are heading.

Where we are:

We delisted/ retired 13 players over the offseason - about 30% of the list for the umpteenth year in a row.

We are the youngest and least experienced team coming off 4 years in the bottom 2 - that the fact.

Despite this - we have been given a brutal fixture that include flag favourite coming off a warm up game in Opening round and the other flag favourite coming off a 2 week break while we come off a 6 day break. - that’s another fact.

We have debuted 5 new players into the team who have played 2 games together.

We have a new coaching line up that have coached 2 AFL games as a coaching team.

I think that’s about where our people are at. It’s a tough reality.

Where are heading:
We have recruited well by all accounts, some guns, some depths , filled some gaps.

The list profile while young has a better mix of talls and smalls - a step up on recent times

Our VFL won yesterday and nearly made finals last year. A big step in developing our players - we have failed in recent years.

We seem to have some depth in most areas of the field - another big improvement

Our player development finally seems to be on track with guys like X, Powell, Charlie, Bailey Sheez etc showing something with higher ceilings.

We have a game plan - finally we can see what we are trying to achieve.

A win looks and feels tangible - almost every game - haven’t felt that for a long time.

Off field we are as strong as we have ever been and structurally we are in the right place to support success when it arrives.

We will win one soon and it could be as early as this week on Good Friday!

Heads up people - enjoy the ride, there is a lot to like about it.

I don't agree with you, but I genuinely appreciate your point of view and the post you've written.

Let's see I guess.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 8 year old daughter has been to 2 wins and 19 losses…. I was working and my wife took her to the memorable loss against the swans last year, and I had to try and explain Dane Rampe being a sook and the umpires enforcing a rule I had never seen before.
I have seen 1 SuperClash win, against the Saints back in 2018. My daughter has been to the last 4 SuperClashes, seen 4 losses. All her cousins head away Easter Thursday or Good Friday morning. We stay in Melbourne and go to the SuperClash before we head away the next day to catch up with family. This game has become part of our Easter.
We are sick of losing this game more than any other. When we get 5 goals up like on Saturday, I don’t care how ugly the game has to get. How many ball ups we need to create, if we need to soak up 3 minutes of play down the line, or throw an extra player behind the ball for 10min…., or what ever else is needed to suppress the damage and contain the oppositions momentum.
We need to find a way to win

Plenty of supporters are sick and tired of losing - that's why we only had 15k of our own supporters there yesterday for our opening home game of the season - a terrible turnout. Alot of North people are clearly over it.

The real issue though is are the players and coaching group sick and tired of losing?

Of course people are sick of losing and desperate for a win.

But ‘North People’ have signed up for memberships , 3k ahead of the same time last year - a record membership number.

While sick of losing - ‘North people’ are optimistic about the future .

So people can choose to either carry on like pork chops as though they aren’t aware of the journey we are on or as Clarko himself as asked - they can get on the bus!!

‘North people’ are on the bus.

Having the lowest drawing team on F1 weekend - a team we average under 20k attendance is here nor there. It was expected

I don't think membership is a great way to gauge support.

The number's clearly aren't reality.

We need to start winning.

That's the priority and I'm confident Clarko can do it, but we've stuffed up so badly it's certainly a massive task.

We need to start winning.

That's the priority and I'm confident Clarko can do it, but we've stuffed up so badly it's certainly a massive task.

This is the reality of it - it’s no small task to rebuild fitness teams, get a team AFL fit, rebuild the medical team to get better availability, rebuild the list to have the right skills you need.

I think we’ve been chipping away at it for a while and making progress but it’s a massive task.

But the team likely, the coaches are demanding it - it’s a matter of when not if now.

My 8 year old daughter has been to 2 wins and 19 losses…. I was working and my wife took her to the memorable loss against the swans last year, and I had to try and explain Dane Rampe being a sook and the umpires enforcing a rule I had never seen before.
I have seen 1 SuperClash win, against the Saints back in 2018. My daughter has been to the last 4 SuperClashes, seen 4 losses. All her cousins head away Easter Thursday or Good Friday morning. We stay in Melbourne and go to the SuperClash before we head away the next day to catch up with family. This game has become part of our Easter.
We are sick of losing this game more than any other. When we get 5 goals up like on Saturday, I don’t care how ugly the game has to get. How many ball ups we need to create, if we need to soak up 3 minutes of play down the line, or throw an extra player behind the ball for 10min…., or what ever else is needed to suppress the damage and contain the oppositions momentum.
We need to find a way to win

I would love dour at the moment. Feels like sh*t watching footy anyway, may as well grind out a win.

What happened to the rebuild mantra of “fix the defence first” anyway?? We’re playing this kamikaze “Northball”, running out of legs when it matters, and our defence is led by KPD was a decent journeyman for Glenelg last year.

Chom isn’t even there.
Wtf are we doing? I’d like to know.

Maj and Brown were cooked and the rumours were Williams had a coke habit. He hasn't even VFL level since being delisted.

You mean Brown that played in a premiership after he left us and Maj who wasn’t far off in the same team?

Geez, imagine if Clarko applied the same list management strategy to the Hawks as we did to Marley is that’s the case.

Preseason looked great.

Spuds against each other.

How many years does not this continue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back