In 5 years time, our most important player will be...

Remove this Banner Ad

True although Hawkins was still a brave call. A lot of people had him marked as a dud in 2010.

Actually, a number of people had him marked as a dud at the end of the 2011 home and away season.

I remember watching Mitch Duncan in his first NAB cup game & thought he was going to be a gun! Later that week I said to a Cats supporter that he will be Captain after Seleood.
He looked at me a little wierd....
I look forward to seeing him in full swing after a bad run last season.

I remember watching Mitch Duncan in his first NAB cup game & thought he was going to be a gun! Later that week I said to a Cats supporter that he will be Captain after Seleood.
He looked at me a little wierd....
I look forward to seeing him in full swing after a bad run last season.
Could be a good choice as captain. After Selwood, I would guess Blicavs or Guthrie, but many agree with you and would add Caddy.

I would have thought that Duncan's best & that extra bit of mongrel he has would be a no brainer for a succession plan.
I look at him & Shiels as 2 blokes from the same mould.
Shiels & Duncan at the 2019 GF coin toss :)

Darcy Lang, good combination of inside outside. Not sure who our next key forward is after hawk.

Concerning that we havent tried replacing a key forward I feel. I mean walker left and I was hoping for a replacement, 5 seasons max and Hawkins will most likely bow out. If we dont do it next Draft we could be in a big mess come future seasons. Especially taking into consideration the development time the bigger blokes need.

Concerning that we havent tried replacing a key forward I feel. I mean walker left and I was hoping for a replacement, 5 seasons max and Hawkins will most likely bow out. If we dont do it next Draft we could be in a big mess come future seasons. Especially taking into consideration the development time the bigger blokes need.

Buzzaaaaaaaaaa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some may hope vardy but doubt he'll last another 3 years let alone 5.

The utensil is always important Daniel. :D But I think that Blitz will be our most important player in 5 years time....
Not many players are our MVP 6 years consecutively, but he is special!

My guess would be the club have invested in Vardy, Clark, Stanley, now Smith, and perhaps even Blicavs.

My guess would be the club have invested in Vardy, Clark, Stanley, now Smith, and perhaps even Blicavs.

No long term prospects though which doesn't do wonders for my confidence :( hooing Vardy can give us atleast 7 years service. Blicavs well, he can do anything but wasted as a marking forward. Need a replacement fast, im sure Wellsys got something cooking.

Yep, biggest concern for me as well.
It is why I have been very vocal about Clark. He's on his final legs already while Vardy is coming back from an ACL, coupled with his hip concerns so we can't expect Vardy to become the next Podsiadly.
Perhaps, just maybe young Jake Kolodjashnij may turn out to be a natural key forward. He does appear to have a keen eye for goal and is also a lovely kick of the sherrin from 50 metres. He has very strong hands and as we all know, is very agile in being able to twist, elevate or bend down to collect the ball from off the deck.
How LT are you keen on?
Vardy
Clark
Hawk
Hendo
all capable of KF, and most should be around for 3-5 years.
That is plenty of talent and plenty of time for contingency.
Add Kolo if we can keep him,
Add Stanley..
Adds up to the LEAST of my worries.

It is why I have been very vocal about Clark. He's on his final legs already while Vardy is coming back from an ACL, coupled with his hip concerns so we can't expect Vardy to become the next Podsiadly.
Perhaps, just maybe young Jake Kolodjashnij may turn out to be a natural key forward. He does appear to have a keen eye for goal and is also a lovely kick of the sherrin from 50 metres. He has very strong hands and as we all know, is very agile in being able to twist, elevate or bend down to collect the ball from off the deck.

I like Kolod as a player but i doubt he'll have the frame to ever be considered a replacement for Hawkins. If we persist with the gorilla forwards not a chance. Think he lacks a bit of height and is far more suited for a defender.

I agree that Kolo has very good attributes, but where's this "keen eye for goal" when he hasn't kicked a goal yet aha?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back