Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddamnit matt striker is ******* awful. I would sooner watch a match with commentary I cant understand than listen to that campaigner.

All-Star Extravaganza 7 was a great show. There was some bad production quality throughout, especially when they were playing music. On the video side of things though, they're improving. I couldn't have cared less about ACH v Matt Sydal and it quickly lost my attention, but Moose vs Cedric Alexander was surprisingly good IMO.

Watched Ring of Honor for the first time, it was this week's episode. It wasn't bad, I enjoyed the relative simplicity/cheapness. Kevin Kelly still lives too! :p

TNA must be ******* fuming Destination America puts it on after their show.

Not sure if there is any PWG fans in this thread but this years Battle of Los Angeles is up on Youtube. Pretty fun shows that are worth a watch, lots of talent from LU/AAA/Rev Pro came across for the 3 nights.

Might help to use a youtube downloader because I can't imagine they will be up for long.

King of Pro-Wrestling today. Salivating over the main event. :thumbsu:
And a heads up for anyone interested that Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker provided commentary. An ok show. Slightly underwhelming but I hold NJPW to a very high standard.

And on the commentary why the #### does Striker have to act like such a dick for Japan events? All season of LU he was great and didn't piss me off once. Returns to Japan and the idiot that tried to destroy WK9 is back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a heads up for anyone interested that Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker provided commentary. An ok show. Slightly underwhelming but I hold NJPW to a very high standard.

And on the commentary why the #### does Striker have to act like such a dick for Japan events? All season of LU he was great and didn't piss me off once. Returns to Japan and the idiot that tried to destroy WK9 is back.
I've watched NOAH and AJPW ... and for some reason NJPW is like the Empire's tractor beam. Pulls me towards it every time.

it's the same dickhead Striker, no matter where he commentates

Not sure if there is any PWG fans in this thread but this years Battle of Los Angeles is up on Youtube. Pretty fun shows that are worth a watch, lots of talent from LU/AAA/Rev Pro came across for the 3 nights.
Just finished watching Sky Blondes/Swann & Ricochet. So gooooood.

And the atmosphere is much more preferable. I was surprised by the coarse language for some reason but I didn't care by the end.

Yeah it was an ok, I thought the recent Power Struggle show was much more consistent with a better crowd. Honma vs Ishii was fantastic.
And also anyone who's into Dragon Gate or good matches check out the Shingo vs Mochiuzky match from Destiny if you can find the means. Sensational!!

Yeah it was an ok, I thought the recent Power Struggle show was much more consistent with a better crowd. Honma vs Ishii was fantastic.

Yep Power Struggle killed it and the above will go down in my top 5 favourite matches of the year. Just an absolute brutal epic. Watched World Tag League day one yesterday and was excellent also. Okada needs to work on his acting a bit though. NJ clearly pushing a more personal and antagonistic vibe for the lead up to his match at WK10 with Tanahasi. Is a good idea as they have fought each other a billion times now but he needs to sell it better.

i wont be watching it until at least this weekend, but i really have no interest in tanahashi vs okada at all. looking forward to aj vs nak and especially ishii vs shibata.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back