Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the truth (of being terrible despite this ) hurts. We were overdue for a kind year re: injuries, but bad timing to get the luck and/or for the medical and training staff to finally get their act together too. This would have been handy in other years eg 2012 and 2007

There are a number of variables determining why we are s**t atm. Fitness levels could be a factor. At the beginning of the season, I was crying out for the club to do whatever is necessary to reduce our injury list. Perhaps, they've overcompensated and our fitness is now suffering. That's something that can be addressed next preseason, but at least it appears they have identified the problem and have tried to correct it.

Yeo out for 5-7 weeks and Scooter could be gone for the season. Yeo is a huge loss, been immense in the last month in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles are taking a "wait and see" approach with Selwood's injury. :rolleyes:

"We're still making decisions on Scott," Eagles coach Adam Simpson told Perth radio station 6PR.

"He's going to need a clean-out at some stage. We're just trying to figure out when the best time is.

"We're quite depleted in some areas in our mids, so we're still assessing that."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-on-surgery-20140617-zsa6r.html#ixzz34r8lsH6e

Depleted in our mids? As it stands, Yeo is the only player who sometimes plays in the midfield that will be missing. If the Eagles are willing to play Selwood through pain and risk of further damage, it is a terrible evaluation of our current midfield.

The Eagles are taking a "wait and see" approach with Selwood's injury. :rolleyes:

Depleted in our mids? As it stands, Yeo is the only player who sometimes plays in the midfield that will be missing. If the Eagles are willing to play Selwood through pain and risk of further damage, it is a terrible evaluation of our current midfield.
I think he is referring to our midfield depth.

Maginness surely a shot at getting elevated now with Barrass and Selwood both potentials for the LTI list.

Is Sinclair currently elevated for Waters? I forget who he got elevated for in those first few games.

Maginness surely a shot at getting elevated now with Barrass and Selwood both potentials for the LTI list.

Is Sinclair currently elevated for Waters? I forget who he got elevated for in those first few games.

Yep. He was originally elevated for Barrass, then Waters after Barrass returned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back