INs & OUTs - Collingwood v Melbourne (Teams Just In)

Remove this Banner Ad

True- I was wrong about Toovey. But many of us were also right about Cam Wood, Corrie, J Barham and others.
Besides, aren't we entitled to opinions? This is a "Forum" after all, not North Korea. None of us are pretending to be experts. But we are supporters and we see what we see. None of us are expecting to be heard by match committee but we are allowed our opinions.

And as much as I would LOVE for Ben Sinclair to prove me wrong the reality is that he misses too many easy shots from 30 metres out, his disposal is not good enough and while he does have great speed to apply inferred pressure, he can't make a tackle stick.

So while none of my opinions are directed at Ben's personal attributes (I admire his courage and work ethic), whenever he plays he continually frustrates me at how he undoes the work of others up field.
Of course none of the other players are perfect (Harry's left foot floaters, Jolly's ruck infringements, Travis's goal kicking) but they overall offer something else. Sinclair doesn't.
And now that we have alternatives in Martin, Kennedy and Broomhead, Sinclair's continued presence in the side will cause me to write in.

Like I've said before, personal attacks cross the line. I respect him while he wears the stripes. But I maintain my right to question why he continues to wear the jumper in a seniors match.

Look, let's be honest: if Tooves hadn't gone down and then Johnno's calves started pinging; if Dids and Krak had started out in better shape etc, if Daisy and Fas were running around; if Broomhead and even Ramsay had had smooth runs through preseason etc then Sinco would be well down the totem pole.
But until Broomy gets his fitness up a notch and whatever's ailing Krak stops ailing him, then someone's got to play.
Marty? Well, I'm not feeling especially excited by recent games, and if it's a role requiring speed off the mark, he's miscast.
Moons? Has missed games again with injury and seems very up and down with his lack of game knowledge [still new to the game, of course].
Yes, Sinclair should have to produce more in the VFL to earn a recall, ideally, but this season is far from ideal as we are all too aware.
Is there anyone else?

Sinclair

Plays half back, doesn't disgrace himself

Who saw that coming......

He went to ground when he shouldn't have which resulted in Davey's last goal, but one incident where he was left one out and Melbourne streaming through the middle shouldn't completely sully a pretty good performance from a bloke whose backline experience consists of a couple of VFL games.

He went to ground when he shouldn't have which resulted in Davey's last goal, but one incident where he was left one out and Melbourne streaming through the middle shouldn't completely sully a pretty good performance from a bloke whose backline experience consists of a couple of VFL games.
Rubbish

The got us on the overlap, he closed down Davey's space and got the spoil. Was either that or allow him an easy mark

Did exactly what a defender should do in that situation

Hearing the howls of anguish from when he got named, he did quite well

Did you bother to read the last half of my post?
I did

It doesn't completly sully his performance, because it doesn't even slightly sully his performance. He did what he should do and came up short, no fault of his

I did

It doesn't completly sully his performance, because it doesn't even slightly sully his performance. He did what he should do and came up short, no fault of his

It was aimed more at those that will use that to push their anti Sinkers agenda, I've already seen a comment in the gameday thread.

I had another look and you're right, it wasn't his fault. He does very well to get there to spoil and while it would have been nice to see him keep his feet he certainly made the right decision to go hard at the spoil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back