International Cup- Melbourne/Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

MELTY

Senior List
May 17, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will many people go and view these games? or will know one go. I know its mid week so will that impact on the numbers attending??

It will definitely have an impact. Sandwiched between the Olympics and AFL finals, with matches played during working hours, crowd figures will be low.

However, more teams this year means more numbers at the ground, so a crowd of 1,000 (including players) at Royal Park North for example will be a good result.

the denmark v sth africa game is at st mary's on the day of geel v wce would the afl be expecting a lot of people on their way to skilled stadium to stop by for a look?
It will definitely have an impact. Sandwiched between the Olympics and AFL finals, with matches played during working hours, crowd figures will be low.

However, more teams this year means more numbers at the ground, so a crowd of 1,000 (including players) at Royal Park North for example will be a good result.

the denmark v sth africa game is at st mary's on the day of geel v wce would the afl be expecting a lot of people on their way to skilled stadium to stop by for a look?

I have seen the AFL's strategy for this IC... and they are planning that people will catch the 507 bus to Geelong, and there will be some heavy traffic or a diversion to push the bus past St Mary's oval where the bus will pretend to have a flat tyre.

I always leave home 2 hours earlier than required to get to the footy in case I pass something interesting on the way.

... sorry - just being a bit cheeky

Rooster my long lost friend, you gonna be here for the IC, come and catch the Chinese in action...were you involved in the Lions historical premiership??? happy to report I now have a little XP crawling around!!!

Rooster my long lost friend, you gonna be here for the IC, come and catch the Chinese in action...were you involved in the Lions historical premiership??? happy to report I now have a little XP crawling around!!!

Yes in Singapore

Probably at IC first 2 rounds.

what I want to know is who is the numbnuts at AFL house who decided that such scheduling is good for international footy. :confused:

For the second time in 8 years, due to work commitments, I'm unable to make it. :thumbsdown:

If they just had even one night or weekend match it would make such a huge difference .... :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denmark vs South Africa is played on the saturday in the first week (In Geelong though). The two teams will be paraded in the ½time at the Geelong vs WC game afterwards.

Then up the highway to be paraded again at ½time in Melb with the rest of the teams.

This way it should be possible to see a bit of IC action...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back