Socceroos International Friendlies Australia V New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty open game, good to watch. At least we are moving the ball a bit quicker than previous outings, but the defensive stuff is a worry. Sainsbury is having a torrid time with Wood and NZ are impressive with their movement.

Hopefully Souttar recovers in time for the WC - if he does, Sainsbury shouldn't be starting.

This is really bad. I have seen nothing that gives me any hope for the WC. I'm one that doesn't care if we win in these games but we look horrific.

This is really bad. I have seen nothing that gives me any hope for the WC. I'm one that doesn't care if we win in these games but we look horrific.
Ditto.

Cumbersome plodders, who can trap the ball if given 10 square metres of space, but nowhere near the levels of technique required to maintain possession at a World Cup.

Need more player like Mabil willing to attack the defence and take chances.
I'm hoping Arzani can get it together in the three first weeks of A-League, so make Arnie select him.

Boyle is ok beating a man, but we don't really have anyone who has the required close technique to make a defence back-track and lose shape. At least it's a point of difference to the other players.

I'm hoping all the French players put curses on each other...it's our only hope.
I Curse You Magic Mike GIF by Curious Pavel

Irvine is terrible. Wtf was he thinking with that tackle in a friendly? Lucky not to get a red it was that cynical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still 20 minutes left. Not on yet, though.
Fair enough, I misjudged the time so thought it had finished. Hopefully gets a run in the next game along with a few of the other youngsters. Need to find something other than the same 11 plodders every single game

Defence seems to be our main issue. Prone to terrible turnovers and get easily beaten too often.

It's scary to think what France and Denmark will do to us, but let's face it it was a good effort just to make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back