Investigation: West Coast Eagle Nic Naitanui ‘racially abused’ at Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Only West Coast crowds boo the opposition though :rolleyes:
I would never take any children to Subiaco I can tell you that.

Admittedly that's entirely due to my fear the stadium could collapse at any moment and in no way related to the fans, who have been mostly fine anytime I've been there.

In OP's defence he didn't necessarily say it was a Perth based issue. He just condemned the action perhaps in a bit of a clumsy way. I very much doubt that he really believes its a Perth based issue. You'd have to be a moron.

I heard a fair bit of stuff directed towards him yesterday, although none of it was racist. It was all about his pay, his lack of output, or compliments about how he managed to take a mark.
Whilst he's the highest paid player on the list he will remain a target.

One idiot?

From what I've heard from many fans in Perth is that Nic Nat receives a lot of racial abuse...

"from what I've heard", hey?

The "stay classy Perth" comment is completely unnecessary. There is still racism everywhere.

And I reiterate what others have said. If proven to be true, the perpetrator should be dealt with harshly.

Doss, Ban the clown please mate.

Hey it fired the big fella up. Took a mark and everything.

But seriously, it's ridiculous in this day and age how this still happens. Every club these days has a diverse and multicultural playing list. It's just a pity footy appeals to such bellends.

Perth issue, melbourne issue, hobart/launceston issue

Morons all around the country.

Every club and city has them
No doubt.... and the fact that players and supporters from all clubs are now exposing the seedier side of crowd behaviour is a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay classy Perth.
winmar187276_nicky_winmar.jpg

It's a sign of progress that these incidents actually make the news. Good work in general by the footballing public.

Yeah one small positive is that it was another fan/s who decided that it was unacceptable and reported it, and that there was an immediate and visible response, strange that no one could be identified but I guess small progress is still progress.

Not surprised that this still happens unfortunately. Given the sheer volume of footy fans that go through the gates every weekend you are going to get some absolute peanuts and no team is exempt from these fans.

What is baffling is that every team in the afl has indigenous or multicultural players and still they throw abuse. Would they say the same s**t to their own players? Don't think so. It's a shame that those with the lowest IQ are often the most vocal, and that extends to more than just footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back