Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

After looking at Steven Trigg's disastrous deal he arranged for the Crows at Adelaide Oval... I wouldn't hold my breath.

Their legal team are still currently trying to overturn some of the conditions that he signed off on.

While I'd love to get the old girl up and running again, it just isn't feasible.

It would be good to see someone go through the place and clean it up a bit though. That's our spiritual home and where we train, it would be great to show some pride in the place.

I also think that after we built the fitness centre where we did, it won't work to play games there anymore. That takes a decent chunk of real estate in a popular seating position.

I'd love to go work on it on a daily basis!

While I'd love to get the old girl up and running again, it just isn't feasible.

It would be good to see someone go through the place and clean it up a bit though. That's our spiritual home and where we train, it would be great to show some pride in the place.

I also think that after we built the fitness centre where we did, it won't work to play games there anymore. That takes a decent chunk of real estate in a popular seating position.

I'd love to go work on it on a daily basis!
why couldnt it be feasible? i understand rest rooms and the like is a bit of an issue, but would be a nice little revenue maker like the geelong get up. Keep the faith we must bring Princess Visy home!

people saying it wouldnt be too expesinve to get it upto standard are way off. I mean the legends stand itself almost made us broke. TO get princes park up to standard would require all stands torn down and start again. It would cost at a minimum $300m to get it done. And that would be a 30k stadium (which is all that would be needed, if crowds were expected bigger then they are played at docklands)

Last time i checked carlton does not have that kind of money.

Perhaps Teagueeee15 has found the Bummers' missing records…craftily deposited under the Legends Stand at PP to make it look like we were behind the recent shenanigans…

Are there no lows to which they will not stoop??!?!

Careful - those CD's might also contain Big Jacks second set of books on player salaries !!

(.... although it would be great to find out how much we paid that dud Stephen O'Reilly ?)

I might ring the club, I have some time off in September and seeing as we won't be playing finals I might offer to spend a few days cleaning it up.

Getting the rubbish out making the place look good again. Well good enough so people can wonder around and remember the good times and see what used to be, it's just depressing now and we should neglect it like we obviously are.

why couldnt it be feasible? i understand rest rooms and the like is a bit of an issue, but would be a nice little revenue maker like the geelong get up. Keep the faith we must bring Princess Visy home!
Because the amount of coin that would need to go into it isn't worth it. There is too many different issues to overcome to make it happen imo.

I might ring the club, I have some time off in September and seeing as we won't be playing finals I might offer to spend a few days cleaning it up.

Getting the rubbish out making the place look good again. Well good enough so people can wonder around and remember the good times and see what used to be, it's just depressing now and we should neglect it like we obviously are.
I like the way you think!

They have dumpsters for the rubbish, it's ******* visy Park it can't look like a tip and be named after a cardboard recycling company

It's only money.

Especially if it's someone elses....
We think that way, the poor chumps funding it would see it differently.

We're emotionally attached to this place. It's going to be difficult to convince anyone that isn't that they should stump up a lot of coin for a place that is terribly run down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Club could provide express buses from various locations. This is done in Adelaide.
  • You can hire screens for the few matches a year that a big screen would be required. Cricket used to do this in Adelaide and other places, and Im almost certain the AFL does this in the NT and Cairns.
  • Capacity doesnt have to be that great, you simply have two categories of members - Princes Park and Regular (see Geelong)

• Its actually law that Princes Park cant have lights I believe.

• If we can play games at Marrara, Trager Park, Cairns, Bellerive and York Park, then we can play games at Princes Park, which even now has a greater capacity that all of those.

All good valid points, I suppose you would have to see it in operation first to get a good grasp on things.
Other aspects would be, would it be financially viable.
How many games would be suited to be at the venue.
How many people would turn away from going to the game because it's at PP and not one of the better stadiums.
The games played at the mentioned smaller venues arent played in the heart land of a large AFL club however.
Busses might work but how they would interact with local traffic and varying congestion level that you get could slow things down a little.
As for the other issues, many other suburban venues have the same problems except for maybe punt road but there is no point developing and using a venue that is right next to the MCG and would share public transport and parking etc.
PP would be a suitable ground for lower drawing vic teams to play interstate games. Melb, St Kilda and The Doggies. If we could lease it out to them/The AFL for home games it may be viable.

The new facility actually looks nice from the inside

CAM01296_zps9a2cc0dd.jpg

CAM01298_zpsd637e5b0.jpg

CAM01308_zps7d246061.jpg

CAM01305_zps820d420b.jpg

CAM01307_zps611dab77.jpg

CAM01303_zpsdd9af167.jpg

CAM01301_zpsc00e5eb8.jpg

CAM01300_zps123a22eb.jpg

CAM01306_zps2d46cc47.jpg

CAM01321_zps9bbf8bc8.jpg

CAM00331_zpsb43d36f5.jpg

We think that way, the poor chumps funding it would see it differently.

We're emotionally attached to this place. It's going to be difficult to convince anyone that isn't that they should stump up a lot of coin for a place that is terribly run down.
Between our coffers (Mathison, Pratt et al), the gubbernment and Gilligan, the money should be there. All that's needed is a decent plan that everyone benefits from.

Is there really a need for that many seats right now? Adelaide Oval has something like 55,000 and there are only two teams who call it their home ground who have the support of an entire city (essentially) to themselves.

It depends if you want to have enough seats for every one who would typically go. The Adelaide Oval stadium is all kinds of impressive but they fill it out a fair bit, it won't be long until they start to scratch their heads and come up with plants to increase it's capacity. I'd love to know how many would turn up to a crows v port game if they had an mcg sized stadium out of interest. There are games that suit a 35,000 capacity stadium but if you up that by 10,000 there's yet another bracket of games that suites again and so forth if you were to agg 5,000 ontop of that, that's when you are getting into the territory where it's practical for us to play lower drawing Vic sides there. But As I mentioned, it will put a lot of strain on the parking and public transport if we were to attract larger crowds like this.

We need to Vic government and AFL on board in this on.

Between our coffers (Mathison, Pratt et al), the gubbernment and Gilligan, the money should be there. All that's needed is a decent plan that everyone benefits from.
They don't become rich by handing money out.

Unless they are provided a concrete model that guarantees success, they wouldn't back it.

It won't happen but the least we could do is look after it maybe take some tour groups through it on family days etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back