Roast Is Jack Billings the worst kick at goal of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can't remember a guy in my time that just misses so many goals he should kick. It is the one thing in my mind that is holding him back from being an A grader of the competition. He continues to get himself plenty of opportunities to kick goals and continues to let himself down.

It got me thinking, has there ever been anyone with a worse kick at goal than Jack?

I remember Richo as a kid absolutely copping it for his goal kicking, but he also kicked plenty of good ones.

Richo ended up with 800 goals and 551 points.

At the moment Jack has 60 goals and 87 behinds. 10 goals 18 for 2018.

Probably.

I can’t believe the club has let it get this bad. Send him to the half back line ffs.
It's a tough one. At a guess I reckon he'd probably leading our score involvements this year? So besides not kicking straight he's playing a role.

He's obviously doing a lot right to get himself into so many scoring opportunities as well, but maybe a run at half back will help clear his mind.

Cloak is probably the worst I’ve seen because he missed from 10m out directly in front consistently for years. Billings getting close to that level though, he just looks mentally shot. Pretty much incapable of converting a set shot now.

It's a tough one. At a guess I reckon he'd probably leading our score involvements this year? So besides not kicking straight he's playing a role.

He's obviously doing a lot right to get himself into so many scoring opportunities as well, but maybe a run at half back will help clear his mind.

He’s second for score involvements behind Gresham.

I don’t think moving Billings away from goal is any different from moving an underperforming midfielder forward or tall forward for a run in the ruck. It’s more long term than those examples but same principles apply.

I can't remember a guy in my time that just misses so many goals he should kick. It is the one thing in my mind that is holding him back from being an A grader of the competition. He continues to get himself plenty of opportunities to kick goals and continues to let himself down.

It got me thinking, has there ever been anyone with a worse kick at goal than Jack?

I remember Richo as a kid absolutely copping it for his goal kicking, but he also kicked plenty of good ones.

Richo ended up with 800 goals and 551 points.

At the moment Jack has 60 goals and 87 behinds. 10 goals 18 for 2018.
Not the worst but give him time ;)
Currently ranked 420th for scoring accuracy in the AFL
Billings field kicking is usually pin point accurate, yet asked him to aim at two sticks 6.4mt apart and he can't do it.
IMO good goal kicking happens when you focus solely on the process of kicking at goal not the result.
Henry Ford probably summed it up best "whether you think you can, or think you can't -you're right
At the moment Billings believes he can't kick goals. He needs confidence but in the current environment it is not likely to happen soon

It is really bizarre

At this stage it doesn't look likes he's made any significant improvement

Imagine ending up 300 goals, 450 behinds. Not sure thats ever happened before.

Just needs to pick the goal umpire or someone in the crowd when lining up for a goal rather than hope it goes through. He has no problem with spotting his teammates around the ground.

Meh ive seen worse
T4QYPeV.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the worst but give him time ;)
Currently ranked 420th for scoring accuracy in the AFL
Billings field kicking is usually pin point accurate, yet asked him to aim at two sticks 6.4mt apart and he can't do it.
IMO good goal kicking happens when you focus solely on the process of kicking at goal not the result.
Henry Ford probably summed it up best "whether you think you can, or think you can't -you're right
At the moment Billings believes he can't kick goals. He needs confidence but in the current environment it is not likely to happen soon
I'd like to know how many of those 420 have kicked over 50 goals though? I would imagine a lot of them are guys that didn't kick a lot.
Cloak is probably the worst I’ve seen because he missed from 10m out directly in front consistently for years. Billings getting close to that level though, he just looks mentally shot. Pretty much incapable of converting a set shot now.
Statistically speaking Billings is a fair bit worse than even Cloke

There’s a lot of things holding Billings back from being an A grader & goal kicking is certainly one of them.
His attitude toward goal kicking, not his ability, is symbolic of nearly every aspect that is holding him back, of which there are plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back