Is Mitchell Johnson a better bat than Michael Bevan was

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
Balwyn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok tongue is gently placed in the cheek, but here is a quick summary:

Johnson has more shots (he practically plays every shot in the book). He actually plays full blooded shots too, rather than "dinky" dabs and prods.

Johnson is more powerful. Big boy. Big shots.

Johnson has better timing. Hits the ball crisper than Bevo ever did (he was more of a nudger.)

Johnson can play the short ball. Bevan couldn't.

Both average in the 20's in Test cricket.

Am I nuts?

Of course I know that Johnson never faces the (first) new ball, and this is all a bit of a giggle. Bevan's first class stats are also pretty darn good.

But still bats like a rabbit. If they were looking to turn anyone into an all-rounder, it should have been Brett Lee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMHO, Johnson should be batting above Lee.

definately.

I would like to see Johnson as a nightwatchmen, he tends to throw his wicket away in the tail going "the tonk".

Though thumbs up to guys like Clark - i'm sick of the stogey tailender who tries to stick around and play proper cricket shots. The only one who could pull that off was Dizzy. You need the tailenders to slog.

definately.

I would like to see Johnson as a nightwatchmen, he tends to throw his wicket away in the tail going "the tonk".

Though thumbs up to guys like Clark - i'm sick of the stogey tailender who tries to stick around and play proper cricket shots. The only one who could pull that off was Dizzy. You need the tailenders to slog.

agreed :D

Johnson has been reminding me a lot of Wasim Akram in all aspects.

Are you serious? Johnson is wayward, cant swing it and Akram's a far better batsmen. Only things they have in common is they are both left handed and bowl very quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back