Is Sylvia worth it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bentleigh said:
I fail to see how anyone can not be sure of Cooney. Outstanding talent and will be a player.

Ray looks very good.
I dont see how anyone can rate Brocky so low....
Even if I wasnt a Melbourne supporter, it would still be obvious to me that he can play. He can take a hit, can kick, mark, and is very cool under pressure. You'll often see many younger guys sh1t themselves when they get the ball, he does not panic at all, he's got a 30 year old head on his body. Very smart football brain.

Marns said:
I dont see how anyone can rate Brocky so low....
Even if I wasnt a Melbourne supporter, it would still be obvious to me that he can play. He can take a hit, can kick, mark, and is very cool under pressure. You'll often see many younger guys sh1t themselves when they get the ball, he does not panic at all, he's got a 30 year old head on his body. Very smart football brain.

I dont rate him low. Looks a good player, better than Sylvia. Bit slow though eh?

I rate dont rate him in Tenace or Cooneys league and reckon Walker and Ray just pip him.

You rate him higher than those 4?

Demons be patient not every one bursts onto centre stage in their first year .

Given that the kid has had injuries give him some time before you write him off.

Bentleigh said:
I dont rate him low. Looks a good player, better than Sylvia. Bit slow though eh?

I rate dont rate him in Tenace or Cooneys league and reckon Walker and Ray just pip him.

You rate him higher than those 4?

Its easy to rate your own players higher than those from other teams which you don't see as often, Tiger supporters would know that (they r masters) :D ;) .

Mclean is underrated, is he better than Cooney, Walker, Ray or Tenace?? I don't know, whats important to me is what he does for the team, and Mclean fills a hole for the MFC in the middle and does it very well!!

I'm also from mildura and know Col aswell.I have seen him play since he was about 9 as he used to live a couple of doors down from me in Merbein.. Once he gets his body right and plays a few games in a row he will be a better player than all those mentioned above, I have no doubt. Melbourne have a beauty on there hands, he is a different type of player from those previously mentioned, he is quick and stronger than the lot. He will be a very exciting player when he is firing, which won't be long now. Give him some time, he will be well worth the wait.

I tell you what, i haven't heard so much cr*p for a while, all these expectations on a 19 year kid to perform straight away, and comparing him to the others in his draft. Cooney is a good player and is doing well now, as he played about 15 games last year, with plenty of game time. Walker played one good game, i haven't seen much of Ray, Bradley looks good and Tenace is also good. Mclean is showing he has a very good football brain without the pace of a Tenace. Colin has played about two games yet people expect him to star straight away. It's a little unrealistic isn't it. he definitely has the tools to be a massive success...so lets give him a bit of patience and let him find his feet. daniher never gives the young guys much game time in their first few. Lets see how he goes after about 10-15 games, then judge him. Best of luck for this year Colin and prove the doubters wrong.

Pffft, who was the idiot who said "this was off our demonland website"? That site hasn't gotten anything right in years, and stats and stuff don't impress anyone.

Sylvia is, what, 19? He's in his second year. He has barely played any senior football, and did no pre-season last year due to OP. Anyone who has a crack or claims hes not worth it is an idiot. I'll say it again, an IDIOT. Even you Brad, I know your stirring and looking to pick on any player you can find, but this kid will be something special.

He'll be better than Walker, Ray and eventually, McLean (who at this stage in time has done far more than Walker and Ray... look at his 26 possie game last week! What did Walker do apart from scratch himself? Not much.)

So, everyone else can crawl back into their holes and be quiet. Thankyou.

CowboyFromHell said:
Pffft, who was the idiot who said "this was off our demonland website"? That site hasn't gotten anything right in years, and stats and stuff don't impress anyone.

So, everyone else can crawl back into their holes and be quiet. Thankyou.

As distinct from MFC Flame Cowboy which at the moment has a credibility rating of ... er, um ... 0%.

The fact is that there are a wide number of views on the Demonland site about this and every subject. Some match yours and some don't. It's what you call a "forum" unlike the Cowboy From Hell soapbox that ain't going anywhere.

Sylvia was of the better players in the dee's 10 point victory over stkilda.
Give him some time and he WILL show his worth.

Brissy DeeFan said:
Sylvia was of the better players in the dee's 10 point victory over stkilda.
Give him some time and he WILL show his worth.

Spot on Brissy, even the Carlton game if anyone bothers to have another look, he did some nice things. I really like the kids work, just let him play.

If we are going to make the finals in 05, it won't be because of Sylvia, he is our future!!

Bananabender said:
As distinct from MFC Flame Cowboy which at the moment has a credibility rating of ... er, um ... 0%.

The fact is that there are a wide number of views on the Demonland site about this and every subject. Some match yours and some don't. It's what you call a "forum" unlike the Cowboy From Hell soapbox that ain't going anywhere.

And the e-claws come out! :p

Bottom line is the Demonland faithful are known around the e-world as crap. Plain and simple. I mean, you enjoy your banter, and good on you. Even if it is a joke. It's one big jerk off session that any self respecting Demon fan wouldn't join in on.

But hey, that's just my opinion and my soap box aint going anywhere. So STFU and head back to Demonland Banananananananananana. And I'm waiting for the Flame taunts etc. I couldn't care less. It's the net, deal with it.

But let's no get off topic now. :cool:

CowboyFromHell said:
And the e-claws come out! :p

But let's no get off topic now. :cool:

No cowgirl, you made it the topic and you took out the e-claws with your silly, childish attack that the Demonland "site hasn't gotten anything right in years". That's bullsh and you know it. In fact, your remarks are small, spiteful, and gratuitous. You're wrong in every respect with your attack on Demonland and you can't back up any of your claims, arguments or allegations with facts either. You can't challenge Demonlanders on intellect (for obvious reasons) so you go with ad hominem insults which you're incapable of supporting.

It's so easy to type out the words "the Demonland faithful are known around the e-world as crap" but it's harder for you to cope that Demonland is respected around the traps and its people are consulted by a number of other internet sites and they do useful work for the MFC in all facets including membership drives, fundraising and the Demonland/Demonology sponsorship. The fact of the matter is that your jealous, childish piffle about the site is what really constitutes Crap with a capital C.

Back on the topic, I'll repeat myself. "There are a wide number of views on the Demonland site about this and every subject." On this subject many would agree with what you've said. So one or two hotheads who posts on the site might think otherwise. Big deal. At least they have a bit more class than to label all users of bigfooty as pea brains like yourself.

That is all. I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

Bananabender said:
No cowgirl, you made it the topic and you took out the e-claws with your silly, childish attack that the Demonland "site hasn't gotten anything right in years". That's bullsh and you know it. In fact, your remarks are small, spiteful, and gratuitous. You're wrong in every respect with your attack on Demonland and you can't back up any of your claims, arguments or allegations with facts either. You can't challenge Demonlanders on intellect (for obvious reasons) so you go with ad hominem insults which you're incapable of supporting.

It's so easy to type out the words "the Demonland faithful are known around the e-world as crap" but it's harder for you to cope that Demonland is respected around the traps and its people are consulted by a number of other internet sites and they do useful work for the MFC in all facets including membership drives, fundraising and the Demonland/Demonology sponsorship. The fact of the matter is that your jealous, childish piffle about the site is what really constitutes Crap with a capital C.

Back on the topic, I'll repeat myself. "There are a wide number of views on the Demonland site about this and every subject." On this subject many would agree with what you've said. So one or two hotheads who posts on the site might think otherwise. Big deal. At least they have a bit more class than to label all users of bigfooty as pea brains like yourself.

That is all. I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

Well I hope you feel good. I mean, it's not often you Demonlanders are let out and allowed to use such words like "crap" against other people. The custom on your site is to blow each other or be bann3d, so I guess the frustration would build up. But that's okay, we are here to help.

And my comments aren't totally wrong. If Demonland were right (like you claim them to be), we would have won 7 premierships in a row by now as, according to you all, every player is a superstar and the "OMG DID U C THE TRAINING FOTOS HOW BIG DOOO THEY LOOK THIS YEAR" comments are simply humourous. Sure, I want every single player to be a gun but that's not reality. And challenge the Demonlanders on intellect? Sorry, I might not have been brought up in Toorak with the Private School education so yes, for obvious reasons, I should steer well clear.

I will say that, deep down, I admire the fundrasing etc. that the site does as it's of great benefit to the club. I never said anything against that however. I was talking about the board. But, then sometimes we do miss the point, don't we?

Oh, and thanks for wasting your oh so precious time on the cowgirl (which, by the way, is such an old taunt. Someone with your "intellect" could have surely come up with something better.) So maybe I'll say your "bender" name fits in well with the pansys at the site?

No, I couldn't do that. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an interesting little fight thats going on here.

Adam I know you don't like Demonland and I know I'm annoyed by the site at times but if you want to know an up to date score or hear an up to date training report etc then it is definately the best place to visit. No matter how many positive spin doctors visit the message board!

As for Colin Sylvia I'm getting sick of hearing his name to tell you the truth. As I said before until he does something in a red and blue MELBOURNE JUMPER then he does not deserve the wraps that many of our supporters have given him. He may well be a gun Adam, I have seen him play many, many more times than you and I have seen him single handedly turn games. Two years ago my opinion of him was very high. But that was in a time when he wore a Bendigo Pioneers jumper and they were in a competion where he had a massive size/strength advantage over many opponents. When I'm convinced that he's giving his footy 100% and when I'm convinced that he's done something decent for our club on a regular basis then I'll jump back on here and probably talk like many Demonlanders have been for the last six months. And that won't be in Round 1 cos hes suspended.

Relax lads.

Luke Ball didnt play untill his 2nd season.

Im not expecting Deledio to make an impact untill his 3rd.

They are kids. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back