Review Dees v the West Coast Eagle Nisbitt-ites: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating west coast by 10 goals is like beating up a disabled child, there is no satisfaction to be had
Only someone who doesn’t remember the 90s would say that

Good: 70% win rate at Perth Stadium ,😍😍😍😍 best of any club, should honestly sell home games there

I still prefer Adelaide Oval as my fav I think (always a great atmosphere) but Optus is a lovely venue all the same.

Another positive is we’ve gotten 6 goals from 4 games each from Spargo/Chandler and they’re getting other guys involved too. Spargo had a very poor year last year and was extremely lucky not to be dropped, but he’s back to his low disposal high impact best so far in 2023.

We know Kozzy and Fritta both kick 35+ for the year, but if we can get 40+ between the two guys I just mentioned it’ll go a very long way to pushing for a flag.

Good:
  • Viney was close to our best. A strangely compact and contested game suited him. A few score assists a highlight.
  • Rivers was solid coming up to support at stoppages and across half back, won plenty of contested ball.
  • Fritsch was clean with almost everything he did, he’s a jet and loves Perth Stadium. T Mac, marked well and got on the end of a couple
  • Trac kicking straight
  • Great to have Kozzy back, with Byron watching on, an almost game with 2.5
  • Cruisey win. A lot of their goals came from free kicks (our errors) and they were s**t

Bad:
  • Quite fumbly and ignoring first option at times, I think just under playing the opposition
  • Petty doesn’t have the attitude of a forward yet. Needs to get a bit greedy and own his space as a forward.
  • So many recalled bounces and shallow ball ups.

Ugly:
  • Jayden Hunt was West Coasts best player after Tim Kelly
  • West Coast’s kicking - Kelly and Jones kicked sacks during the day, costing them golden opportunities to score. Reminded me of 2007-2013 Melbourne kicking.

Last edited:
Good:
  • The 4 points
  • %
  • No injuries
  • Viney and Fritsch

The Bad:
  • The potential for JvR to get dropped.
  • Pettys form. I feel like he's playing through an injury or something.
  • Dumb free kicks from Grundy, Hibberd & Fritsch
  • Lever getting a bit lost defensively today.

The Ugly:
- Foot skills. Not just missed targets but lacing out wce players when under little pressure. One of the worst games I've seen us play (foot skills wise) in years. The clanger kicks of McVee, McDonald, Lever, Viney and Bowey are still fresh in my mind. Must be better.

Average winning margin at optus has to be like 10 goals now surely. What a ground, let's tee up another pandemic.

Disposal was pretty shocking but I reckon half the time they couldn't tell who they were kicking it too because of the sun.

Bank the win and go next, delete everything from the records except chandlers goal, what a pearler.

Man people suck at watching a game an figuring out what happened, " eagles tried to make it a scrap" the * were people watching? Eagles tried to open it up and play fast but both teams kicking skills were an abomination so the game was spent in dispute alot.

Man people suck at watching a game an figuring out what happened, " eagles tried to make it a scrap" the * were people watching? Eagles tried to open it up and play fast but both teams kicking skills were an abomination so the game was spent in dispute alot.
In fairness, most of these “people” are your alt accounts just trying to stroke your ego and make you look good. 👀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still prefer Adelaide Oval as my fav I think (always a great atmosphere) but Optus is a lovely venue all the same.
Nah Adelaide oval is very good, love that it's still got the hill, the old scoreboard and a bit more history.

We also own that place - second best win perntage there behind West Coast of all time - im thinking we should just do a 5-6 home game splif between that and Perth

Beating west coast by 10 goals is like beating up a disabled child, there is no satisfaction to be had
Nah * West Coast

Playing an average game and coasting to a nice 10 goal win over there in front of those booing campaigners is satisfying

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Awesome place to go any watch footy at AO

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Goody said Oliver was "sensational" in his presser, he really does love overstating a players performance doesnt he. :tearsofjoy:

Nowhere near as good as last week when having 10 less touches.

Goody said Oliver was "sensational" in his presser, he really does love overstating a players game doesnt he. :tearsofjoy:

Nowhere near as good as last week when having 10 less touches.
Absolutely wasn't sensational. Was way too occupied making sure he got his 30 disposals for his SuperCoach score again. ⁵/¹⁰ game

Absolutely wasn't sensational. Was way too occupied making sure he got his 30 disposals for his SuperCoach score again. ⁵/¹⁰ game

5 coaches votes coming your way Clayton, lots of love, Goody. Sensational.

No wonder mids always win awards. Get votes for playing bang average games meanwhile forwards have to kick 15 to get a look in

Yeah, coaches award is just as big of a joke as the Brownlow, pretty much check the stat sheet after the game and vote like how AFL.com give their best, might even be more of a joke given they can manipulate results coz voting is public.

I don't analyse anything about our games because I'm afraid of getting a savage Topkent baking. To be fair, you would be right if you did - you know at least 10 times more about footy analysis than I do.

I don't analyse anything about our games because I'm afraid of getting a savage Topkent baking. To be fair, you would be right if you did - you know at least 10 times more about footy analysis than I do.
See this is what Flowerpower is talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back