Is the Krak Coming Back (and Marlon too)?

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt the club will do it's due diligence as it does with all potential players. Port had him before, Kenny knows the issues surrounding him at Gold Coast and now two years on, whether he's over them and ready for football. The positive is Krakouer and Port didn't burn the bridge too much and are talking- we'll all see what happens.

Cant believe how many are keen to have him back. Craziness.

I don't think anybody's saying they'd redraft him straight away. He'd have to earn it. I mean, last year we were seriously discussing recruiting a guy who nearly killed somebody with a machete. Krakouer's indiscretions obviously pale in comparison.

No thanks. He walked out, not welcomed back.

Josh Carr board.

Also guys remember this is for the maggies. Its going to cost us what a couple bags of chips and some smokes. If he starts playing well it could be an Andrew Krak style comeback -prison if he doesn't not really a problem at all is it.
IMO more talented than Andrew, no harm no cost give him a krak

So far hes had home sickness every year he was on an AFL list, nearly walked out on us twice before actually walking out on us, then walked out on Gold Coast mid contract as well. If Ken thinks he can do something with him then so be it, I guess we'll see what happens.

So far hes had home sickness every year he was on an AFL list, nearly walked out on us twice before actually walking out on us, then walked out on Gold Coast mid contract as well. If Ken thinks he can do something with him then so be it, I guess we'll see what happens.

What is to be gained from playing Krakouer in the Magpies? Possible drafting to the Power? Let me see - Neade or Krakouer? We all know who wins that debate hands down! He is not going to get a spot anywhere else in our 22.

I would rather give another kid a chance. Someone who is willing to make the most of their opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nathan krackouer wants to join the magpies apparently, good idea or not
There are 4 spots left undecided and a lot of players contesting for those. If he can earn one as if we've never heard of him then I have no problems with it. But we also have to consider what off-field s^&t comes with that since he faded off the scene.

When Krak decided to join the GC, the money and our coaching panel didn't appeal to Krak at the time. At that point our club was is difficult times, and we still are, BUT how things have changed, and I guess thats how Krak sees us now, a club on the rise making all the right noise from afar.

I would love to see Krak Back, every one deserves a second chance.

I know he chased the bucks but I'd trust Kens decision & think he'd be a pretty good recruit at the Maggies.

Compared to Jurrah & his uncles indiscretions his crimes aren't quite banishment worthy, he was probably only trying to take the best offer for his young family which would've been more than twice what we offered him to stay.

He may not ever make it back to the top flight level but could possibly depending on how he goes with the Magpies, it'd be pretty funny if he did end up back on our list our 06 draft would've been pretty much perfect then -Ryan Williams.

There's no questioning his talent just his loyalty test which he failed & his desire to put in the hard yards to maintain an AFL career, if he gets it all together which Ken is the best man to do he'd be a handy recruit that'd cost us nothing.

I actually think it's a good sign when someone walks out and wants back in.

Especially since he knows Ken and would realise he isn't going to get a soft ride like he did before. Ken knows exactly what his problems were at GC (only personal issues AFAIK) and is said to be a great mentor as well as a coach. In Ken we trust ;)

I don't really see an issue with playing Krak if he's one of the lower paid players on the magpies list. He could get his s**t together, pretty low risk move. I don't ever see him making the power list unless he has a magical transformation under Ken.

..... I don't ever see him making the power list unless he has a magical transformation under Ken.
For Academy players at the Maggies there's no pathway to Port's AFL list other than the draft, and from there they are anybody's.

When someone who is a junkie walks into rehab and wants to turn their life around, do you automatically say 'Nah, he doesn't deserve it because of the people he hurt with his filthy habit'? Or do you welcome that person and encourage them to finally live up to their potential as a human being?

This situation is the very reason setting up the Magpies the way we have is such a good idea - it gives players who might have had talent a second chance in an AFL environment without actually being on an AFL list. Port Adelaide has a responsibility to develop as many high quality footballers, and more importantly individuals, as it can - for their sake as well as ours.

Imagine the publicity we'll get if we can gain a reputation for straightening out footballers who failed at other clubs - I know this one failed at ours at one point, but I think it may have been a perfect storm of immaturity, a toxic environment and the lure of more cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back