Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

There were members of Hamas who were school teachers and supported non-violent resistance. So should we stop saying bad things about Hamas too, just in case we offend some of the non-terrorist ones?
It's up to you. If you want to use the same rhetoric that Neo-Nazi and other groups who want to drive Israel and Israelis into the sea have been using for decades, go ahead. But don't expect people to be able to distinuguish between your voice and those other voices, because you're saying the same things and the difference in meaning is only in your head - not the head of those who've been using the term Zionism for a lot longer than you.

It's up to you. If you want to use the same rhetoric that Neo-Nazi and other groups who want to drive Israel and Israelis into the sea have been using for decades, go ahead. But don't expect people to be able to distinuguish between your voice and those other voices, because you're saying the same things and the difference in meaning is only in your head - not the head of those who've been using the term Zionism for a lot longer than you.

Is the Hasbara and cancel culture typical of zionists, or is it just the bad ones?

OK, so you've tried to cancel another word. But you won't suggest any others to use? Just call everyone who criticises Israel in any way a neo-nazi? I'd rather use one word the same (in a different context) than actually support Genocide. Fair dinkum, you think we can't see the forest of genocide for all these trees of "harmful words"?

Really what you want is to cancel any bad words which are nasty about Israel's Genocide.

By conflating Israel, Judaism, Zionism all together and making criticism of one criticism of all, you completely undermine when actual racism and bigotry is being committed. It diminishes everything Israel was supposed to stand for. It makes you wonder how many Zionists and Jews actually DON'T support the genocide when all they do is spend their time being offended at words.

Instead of being held up as a phoenix-like resurrection from the ashes of the holocaust like it could have been, Israel has become a mockery of itself. A lesson of becoming what you once detested.

Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad have publicly declared that those men were members and you are upset about it?
If you think that's ok, then every hospital with a Reservist in it across Israel is a legitimate target. I obviously don't agree with that type of criminal thinking.

You genocidaires can't really think past "Hamas Bad" "IDF moral" talking points, can you?

Is the Hasbara and cancel culture typical of zionists, or is it just the bad ones?

OK, so you've tried to cancel another word.

Why are you both parroting language used by far-right morons. "Cancel culture" isn't a real thing. People getting held accountable is a perfectly normal and reasonable part of a progressive society. This is nothing to do with that though.

Just call everyone who criticises Israel in any way a neo-nazi?
Literally no one here is saying that. That's a strawman argument.

By conflating Israel, Judaism, Zionism all together and making criticism of one criticism of all, you completely undermine when actual racism and bigotry is being committed.

But you are the one doing that. I'm simply trying to get you to not do that.

OK, so you've tried to cancel another word. But you won't suggest any others to use? Just call everyone who criticises Israel in any way a neo-nazi? I'd rather use one word the same (in a different context) than actually support Genocide. Fair dinkum, you think we can't see the forest of genocide for all these trees of "harmful words"?

Really what you want is to cancel any bad words which are nasty about Israel's Genocide.

By conflating Israel, Judaism, Zionism all together and making criticism of one criticism of all, you completely undermine when actual racism and bigotry is being committed. It diminishes everything Israel was supposed to stand for. It makes you wonder how many Zionists and Jews actually DON'T support the genocide when all they do is spend their time being offended at words.

Instead of being held up as a phoenix-like resurrection from the ashes of the holocaust like it could have been, Israel has become a mockery of itself. A lesson of becoming what you once detested.

I'm not cancelling a word at all. I'm just pointing out that you're using a word that has a much broader meaning to mean a much narrower negative subset of the group it describes. It has a much broader meaning for those directly involved in both sides of this conflict. It might have that narrow meaning to you, but it doesn't to those directly involved.

I'm sure many of those you abhor are doing the same with the term Palestinian and several other much broader terms. But it's OK, because they only mean a particular subset of Palestinians ... everyone knows that. No harm in it at all ...

Last edited:
Why are you both parroting language used by far-right morons. "Cancel culture" isn't a real thing. People getting held accountable is a perfectly normal and reasonable part of a progressive society. This is nothing to do with that though.

Literally no one here is saying that. That's a strawman argument.

But you are the one doing that. I'm simply trying to get you to not do that.

So the zionist whatsapp groups that were/are specifically trying to get certain journalists fired, isn't cancel culture?

So the zionist whatsapp groups that were/are specifically trying to get certain journalists fired, isn't cancel culture?

I don't know.

Are the Pro-Palestinian BDS groups 'cancel culture'?

Miss me with these nonsense first-year uni student 'gotcha' attempts, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, trying to cancel support for an apartheid/genocidal regime.

Genocide is the extreme form of cancel culture btw.

/r/Im14andThisIsVeryDeep

Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad have publicly declared that those men were members and you are upset about it?
They were summarily executed without trial by soldiers in disguise.

If Hamas did this in a Tel Aviv hospital you'd tell us it was brutal terrorism.

So ... out of all the presidents of all the countries of the world, and out of all the times this could have happened, the Iranian president dies in a helicopter crash weeks after attacking Israel.

Coincidence? It looks about as accidental as the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin.

They were summarily executed without trial by soldiers in disguise.

If Hamas did this in a Tel Aviv hospital you'd tell us it was brutal terrorism.

Isn’t this the way everyone on here wanted Israel to go about things?
Just eliminate Hamas without the bombing. Defeat Hamas without civilian casualties. Super spy movie stuff.

Isn’t this the way everyone on here wanted Israel to go about things?
Just eliminate Hamas without the bombing. Defeat Hamas without civilian casualties. Super spy movie stuff.
4kc0mOK.gif

How it's being used at the moment is basically anyone supporting the Apartheid or Genocide being carried out in the Middle East.

I guess the idea of a Zionist State of Israel is now struggling against the inherent ethnic supremacy of the whole project.

The word has often been used outside of Academia. It's always meant supporters of "a" Jewish state, but is almost entirely used now (Post-1960's) for supporters of "the" Jewish State (Israel). That's where it differentiates from "israelis" who are inhabitants of Israel, but not necessarily supporters.

Don't take my word for it, take the Zionist Federation of Australia's word for it:
"As the Australian Zionist representative roof body, the ZFA is committed to advocating for the State of Israel on behalf of the Jewish community in Australia and fostering a deep connection between Australia and Israel."

Anyone currently advocating for the current behaviour of the state of Israel is advocating for Genocide and Apartheid.

What if it’s not genocide ? Is all the killing of the women and children going to be OK by you ? Is war only bad if it’s deemed genocide.
Why is there this need to label everything?
You are safe in Australia.. just be better.

What if it’s not genocide ? Is all the killing of the women and children going to be OK by you ? Is war only bad if it’s deemed genocide.
Why is there this need to label everything?
You are safe in Australia.. just be better.

What if it is genocide. Eternal damnation for those that have supported Israel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back