Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester City
Hello Collingwood BigFooty Board,

I'd like to post some sort of update on how i've been tracking as some might suggest i've had nothing to little communication on this board since late May.

Firstly, i'd like to thank those few who have supported my content over the years through this board and Youtube. It's been a while since i've produced any sort of content. This year has been a year of struggles and misfortune for myself. Everything that could go wrong, did. Footy, which would normally be the forefront of my mind, took a back seat from late May through to now and might continue. Reason i say 'continue' i'm finding it very hard to get 'back on the horse' so to speak. I've been diagnosed with Depression & Anxiety Disorder. I know for some of you it might seem like a little thing. For me, this six month period or so has tested my mental ability, strength and the character of who i am. Every day i continue my soul searching efforts as i want to get back to what i used to be, me. During this period we've seen the death of a great man in Robbie Williams, who despite all the smiles and laughter he showed there was an underlying sadness in him. You never know when you're time might be up as saldy we've seen with the late Phillip Hughes. I've taught myself to never take things for granted no matter how small they might seem to some one else.

As i previously stated, everything that could go wrong, did. I had to pass down an opportunity at the Calder Cannons Football Club and a full-time job in Marketing elsewhere. It's been really hard for myself and unfortunately due to mistakes it could take a while for me to get back on that horse. Coincidentally, the moment my year, life, changed, so did the season of the Collingwood Football Club. It felt like at times everything was falling to pieces and there wasn't much i could do. Looking back, im not sure how i've gotten this far, but why stop here?

2015, the year for change for me, it WILL be the year where i redeem every part of me and grow to what i was and then some. I will make up for all past mistakes and get to where i want in life and i know what it is. After everything blows over, i will never be able to complain about the little things again. Football is a small part of our lives but feels so massive to us when times are easy. I've learnt this the had way.

Last week i looked through the videos i've made through the years and saw just how much i've progressed, and i know if i work hard, i'll get exactly what i want, one day at a time. Funnily enough, a few videos i made inspired myself, especially the few i tried to inspire others. The one that inspired me the most was the last video i made back in May when Collingwood came back to win despite a few injuries against West Coast, titled 'never say die'. The quoted words at the start of the video says "Behind every fear is a person you want to be, fear is self-composed, for me it doesn't exist, you create it, you can destroy it, face you fears and become the person who you want to be, when you run from your fears your not living, you're alive...' then continues to say 'we all fall down in life, the question is who gets back up'. I always did love that piece, but never more so when it relates to you.

Like i said, it's matter of time before the pieces connect and normal order resumes, i will hopefully get around to making a video some time in the near future, it's a matter of time.

Hopefully all is well with the rest of you, speak soon.

-George.

Hello Collingwood BigFooty Board,

I'd like to post some sort of update on how i've been tracking as some might suggest i've had nothing to little communication on this board since late May.

Firstly, i'd like to thank those few who have supported my content over the years through this board and Youtube. It's been a while since i've produced any sort of content. This year has been a year of struggles and misfortune for myself. Everything that could go wrong, did. Footy, which would normally be the forefront of my mind, took a back seat from late May through to now and might continue. Reason i say 'continue' i'm finding it very hard to get 'back on the horse' so to speak. I've been diagnosed with Depression & Anxiety Disorder. I know for some of you it might seem like a little thing. For me, this six month period or so has tested my mental ability, strength and the character of who i am. Every day i continue my soul searching efforts as i want to get back to what i used to be, me. During this period we've seen the death of a great man in Robbie Williams, who despite all the smiles and laughter he showed there was an underlying sadness in him. You never know when you're time might be up as saldy we've seen with the late Phillip Hughes. I've taught myself to never take things for granted no matter how small they might seem to some one else.

As i previously stated, everything that could go wrong, did. I had to pass down an opportunity at the Calder Cannons Football Club and a full-time job in Marketing elsewhere. It's been really hard for myself and unfortunately due to mistakes it could take a while for me to get back on that horse. Coincidentally, the moment my year, life, changed, so did the season of the Collingwood Football Club. It felt like at times everything was falling to pieces and there wasn't much i could do. Looking back, im not sure how i've gotten this far, but why stop here?

2015, the year for change for me, it WILL be the year where i redeem every part of me and grow to what i was and then some. I will make up for all past mistakes and get to where i want in life and i know what it is. After everything blows over, i will never be able to complain about the little things again. Football is a small part of our lives but feels so massive to us when times are easy. I've learnt this the had way.

Last week i looked through the videos i've made through the years and saw just how much i've progressed, and i know if i work hard, i'll get exactly what i want, one day at a time. Funnily enough, a few videos i made inspired myself, especially the few i tried to inspire others. The one that inspired me the most was the last video i made back in May when Collingwood came back to win despite a few injuries against West Coast, titled 'never say die'. The quoted words at the start of the video says "Behind every fear is a person you want to be, fear is self-composed, for me it doesn't exist, you create it, you can destroy it, face you fears and become the person who you want to be, when you run from your fears your not living, you're alive...' then continues to say 'we all fall down in life, the question is who gets back up'. I always did love that piece, but never more so when it relates to you.

Like i said, it's matter of time before the pieces connect and normal order resumes, i will hopefully get around to making a video some time in the near future, it's a matter of time.

Hopefully all is well with the rest of you, speak soon.

-George.
Best of luck & I hope you don't put too much pressure on yourself to do all the things you need to within 2015.

I've been diagnosed with Depression & Anxiety Disorder

That is not good mate. That would suck going threw that.

When I was Diagnosed with High Function Autism, I was also Diagnosed with Anxiety Problems

Welcome back and looking forward to your vidoes, @100volt, when you're ready to start making them again. A lot of us are very excited by our recent recruiting, so maybe later in the year some vision of our youngsters going about their work would be welcome! But only when you are ready of course. Good luck to you.

It's good to hear from you 100volt1 and we look forward to seeing your new work.

It seems a lot of our young members are struggling at the moment but please know, and remember, that we miss you when you're not around, and we care about you, and even when you're not doing so well please try to stay in touch :hearts:

I hope 2015 brings you wonderful opportunities to do the things that bring you joy

Had noticed only last weekend when looking at an old thread seeing a post with a video upload of yours that we hadn't seen much from you in ages, it sometimes isn't immediately obvious given how quickly the board moves at times (especially with the terrible end to the season and the Beams saga) that a particular poster has been missing in action for a while.

But anyways, welcome back and all the best for keeping your health on track now that you've come through such a rough patch. Look forward to seeing some ripping video clips over the coming season.

For some time i've known that i have a few followers keen for new content every now and then. When i get going again, i will promise you now, feel free to hold me to it, i'll make it worth the 6 month or what ever it might be wait. I've got ideas in my mind that just needs to be put together, i just need to get my head together and sort out a few things step by step.

That in mind. I will make a pact to everyone on this board, past, present and future that i will do whatever it takes to get as much qualifications as it takes, rise to the top, get the experience i need and then hopefully land a career at our club, touch wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont usually post personal things to strangers on Bigfooty but your post moved me for its honesty and integrity.

Good luck mate. Its a salient reminder to us on this board to "keep it nice" and try to treat people with some respect, because we dont have a clue about other people and what they may be going through.

(although if you dont mind me bagging you out just a tiny bit.......I'm pretty sure Robbie Williams is still alive and well !!!! hahaha....I think you mean Robin Williams. Not to say that Robbie hasnt had his share of problems as well).

I dont usually post personal things to strangers on Bigfooty but your post moved me for its honesty and integrity.

Good luck mate. Its a salient reminder to us on this board to "keep it nice" and try to treat people with some respect, because we dont have a clue about other people and what they may be going through.

(although if you dont mind me bagging you out just a tiny bit.......I'm pretty sure Robbie Williams is still alive and well !!!! hahaha....I think you mean Robin Williams. Not to say that Robbie hasnt had his share of problems as well).
I had a feeling i got that wrong haha!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back