Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong women have always intimidated mediocre men.
The NZ PM is mostly a marginal figure in Australian politics until Ardern came along and all the usual suspects in this country kicked up about having a sheila calling the shots which they definitely weren't having.

Why do people hate Ardern? I thought she went a bit over the top with her COVID response, but her policy of banning foreign ownership for residential property is God tier.

Admittedly I don't follow NZ politics, but what policies did she have that people didn't like? Or what did she not do that people are irritated by?

I've read through this thread and I'm still no closer to understanding.

Why do people hate Ardern? I thought she went a bit over the top with her COVID response, but her policy of banning foreign ownership for residential property is God tier.

Admittedly I don't follow NZ politics, but what policies did she have that people didn't like? Or what did she not do that people are irritated by?

I've read through this thread and I'm still no closer to understanding.
Congratulations to you for living such a life where lockdowns and mandates had no effect on your lifestyle in the last three years. Therefore, not being able to relate to the NZers whose lives have been affected adversely and will be for a long time to come.

New Zealanders can now rejoice, the tank is empty and she has resigned. She's been misfuelling for some time now...she was on the way to getting the boot this year anyway and she knows it! The New Zealand people fell out of love long ago and want a divorce!

How was she getting the boot? You said she was a dictator! Or do you just say words?

LOL The same LWNJ’s who gloated at the death of Senator Jim Molan, a decent man and a fine Australian, are outraged that anyone can say nasty things about their darling Jacinda.

The left are past masters at abusing and smearing their political opponents, but get very self righteously indignant and shrill when a bit comes back the other way. Their double standards and hypocrisy are once again on full display here.

People can say whatever they want. People are also free to respond.

I particularly like the Jacinda dictator stuff, doesn’t seem very rooted in reality.

Congratulations to you for living such a life where lockdowns and mandates had no effect on your lifestyle in the last three years. Therefore, not being able to relate to the NZers whose lives have been affected adversely and will be for a long time to come.
Can you elaborate? I think most people understand pandemics are not normal day-to-day things.

She may have been pushed.

Her party has primary support at 32% vs the conservative party at 37%. Things that count on the SRP don't necessarily win votes in the real world.

LOL The same LWNJ’s who gloated at the death of Senator Jim Molan, a decent man and a fine Australian, are outraged that anyone can say nasty things about their darling Jacinda.

The left are past masters at abusing and smearing their political opponents, but get very self righteously indignant and shrill when a bit comes back the other way. Their double standards and hypocrisy are once again on full display here.
LOL no that’s just your perception. Not everything in life is a right Vs left battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you elaborate? I think most people understand pandemics are not normal day-to-day things.
The pandemic, or the notion of the pandemic, is over. People are not buying it.

All that is left is the effect of her actions and words. However anecdotal or tenuous the evidence is, she looks cynical, nefarious, and untrustworthy. Any justifications won't wash. She won't live it down.

NZers will quietly accept the indignity of the last few years and try to recover from whatever adversity they've suffered and hope that subsequent governments are not detrimental to their lives as her government has been.

All that is left is the effect of her actions and words. However anecdotal or tenuous the evidence is, she looks cynical, nefarious, and untrustworthy. Any justifications won't wash. She won't live it down.

NZers will quietly accept the indignity of the last few years and try to recover from whatever adversity they've suffered and hope that subsequent governments are not detrimental to their lives as her government has been.

If they’re still alive they probably don’t have that much to complain about. Every day you wake up is better than the one where you don’t.

OK that's your take on it. It would appear plenty of Kiwis feel otherwise.

The NZ PM is mostly a marginal figure in Australian politics until Ardern came along and all the usual suspects in this country kicked up about having a sheila calling the shots which they definitely weren't having.

Maybe you missed Jenny Shipley as NZ's 'sheila calling the shots' long before the ALP and Australian Greens were having a female leader. Or Helen Clark's three terms as PM.

Ardern is a less than marginal figure internationally because she became a darling of the left. Unfortunately for her, popularity overseas can't override her poor perception at home. She has resigned because she knew she would lose the upcoming election.

Ardern is a less than marginal figure internationally because she became a darling of the left. Unfortunately for her, popularity overseas can't override her poor perception at home. She has resigned because she knew she would lose the upcoming election.
So hang on, she’s less than marginal internationally whilst simultaneously popular overseas?

Is there nothing she can’t do?

Maybe you missed Jenny Shipley as NZ's 'sheila calling the shots' long before the ALP and Australian Greens were having a female leader. Or Helen Clark's three terms as PM.

Jenny Shipley and Helen Clark existed in a different political era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back