James Hird : the tell all interview - when?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he continues to coach I assume it won't happen but hypothetically he gets the sack it will become a media arms race to secure the rights.

I would love it to be On The Coach, very candid, astute footy brains, former worker.

Or for something that would be a massive ratings winner on Footy Classified.
Hird vs Caro. Each given time to fire back and ask each other questions, Lyon the mediator, Hutchy in the middle, Lloyd behind Hird.

Thoughts?

like you say, it's his final cheque if everything else goes arse-up and he's no longer employable in footy. he's not going to voluntarily tell his story and it's just weird for people to hold out for him to tell his side of the story while he's in the courts more or less trying to hide his story. can't see him not doing it for a tidy sum either. a darcy 'exposé' laced with dorothy dixers is about as hard-hitting as hird would prefer it i think.

As if the media are going to ask any of the questions you want answered?

2 years in, and none of them have asked just how it came to be that Charter was involved in Essendon's supply chain, after originally being Hird's go to man for "nutrition" in his playing days.

None of them have even bothered to query why Essendon and Hird have not gone after Dank either, and they probably never will.

Hirds "tell all" interview will be the equivalent of Bruce sitting him down and saying "tell us how you are feeling, champ".

If he continues to coach I assume it won't happen but hypothetically he gets the sack it will become a media arms race to secure the rights.

I would love it to be On The Coach, very candid, astute footy brains, former worker.

Hird vs Caro. Each given time to fire back and ask each other questions, Lyon the mediator, Hutchy in the middle, Lloyd behind Hird.

Thoughts?

The boys club asking the questions......no thanks.

Rather mike munro.......JAMES HIRD THIS IS YOUR LIFE.....NOW ALL ****ed UP.

Thoughts?

What is Hirds opinion or did he say that under coercion ?

As if the media are going to ask any of the questions you want answered?

2 years in, and none of them have asked just how it came to be that Charter was involved in Essendon's supply chain, after originally being Hird's go to man for "nutrition" in his playing days.

None of them have even bothered to query why Essendon and Hird have not gone after Dank either, and they probably never will.

Hirds "tell all" interview will be the equivalent of Bruce sitting him down and saying "tell us how you are feeling, champ".

How does Essendon or Hird 'go after' Dank?

Hird is now an admitted liar. Trashes the value of your tell all interview I'm afraid.

He'll probably sue over that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy $1m paid interview where his lawyer/PR can filter anything damaging. That or a book. He'll cash in on it eventually.

Never gonna happen - a few puff pieces five years from now - almost certainly. Tell ALL...... well, unless Oprah Winfrey is involved, Nope.

How does Essendon or Hird 'go after' Dank?
For starters they could've, at any point, made a statement at one of their numerous press conferences in early 2013 pleading or demanding he talk.

Instead, they've not even touched on the subject.

I wonder why that is?

Oh wow.

More than 12 months after the investigation starts, Little comes out with this hard hitting plea.

“I think Stephen Dank needs to become a part of this process, whether it’s via ASADA or in some other way,’’ he said
"There is too much knowledge he knows that we don’t know. He could help bring greater clarity to what is a very difficult set of circumstances.”

Geez, ease up Paul, you're coming on a bit strong there mate.

Dave, have you ever asked yourself why Hird and Essendon have threatened anyone and everyone with court cases, but continue to tip-toe around Dank?

Oh wow.

More than 12 months after the investigation starts, Little comes out with this hard hitting plea.

“I think Stephen Dank needs to become a part of this process, whether it’s via ASADA or in some other way,’’ he said
"There is too much knowledge he knows that we don’t know. He could help bring greater clarity to what is a very difficult set of circumstances.”

Dave, have you ever asked yourself why Hird and Essendon have threatened anyone and everyone with court cases, but continue to tip-toe around Dank?
Dont think robbo was ever threatned by efc or james

Oh wow.

Difficult circumstances - to Little - translates in to english "difficult circumstances for me to win."

Oh wow.

"Instead, they've not even touched on the subject."

Dave, have you ever asked yourself why Hird and Essendon have threatened anyone and everyone with court cases, but continue to tip-toe around Dank?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have. There are two obvious reasons they haven't sued Dank. One is that they know he can dump the club in a pile of s**t, the other is that they know he cant but are worried he'll try. Given how badly the club has managed this nothing would surprise me. From threatening to sue (not quite) all and sundry, the initial decision to play along with the AFL, Liz ******* Lukin, to Little's belligerent outburst and subsequent backflip.

That seems pretty lame. Given the gravity of the mess he's left them in I would have expected Essendon to have pursued him a lot harder. Genuinely curious - What other avenues do they have for getting the information out of him: perhaps reporting their doubts about what was injected to the police?

What could Essendon do that ASADA cannot, and have not? If the club is confident that nothing untoward has occurred then what exactly are they going after him for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back