James Sicily returns from ACL, Captains the club, signs on for life and wins the PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the latest kick in the balls to our once great club.
We have become totally irrelevant as so many supporters and those running the club seem content with year after year of mediocrity.
Hawthorn is now a doormat of the AFL because those in the media and those running shams like the All Australian team know they can disrespect our club and time after time we bite our tongue and take it because humility is the Hawthorn way.
I truly hope that those remaining Hawks in the media like Hodge, Dunstall, Brereton and Lewis call out Sicily’s snub for the disgrace it is. But I fear they will just roll over say nothing as they always do for fear of being called biased.
It’s time Hawthorn stood up for itself again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Oh, you think this is something new? Let's go back to years when we were on top... 2013 - one AA, or my favourite, 1991 - zero AA. It's an opinionated award based on the personal biases of a bunch of ex-hacks. It's not worth getting worked up over, just laugh at the ineptitude on display and move on.

Unpopular opinion coming up.

In that AA back 6, May and Taylor are genuinely KPDs, Stewart is the third tall / interceptor, Sinclair is the small mop up / accumulator, Saad is the line breaker and Maynard the physical stay at home medium defender.

Blicavs is the utility who plays off the bench and can go back/mid/fwd.

Sicily isn’t a genuine KPD in a stronger side than Hawthorn. We have played him a fair bit there because our KPDs are young/injured. He is competing with Stewart in the AA squad for that third tall intercept spot and Stewart is the master of it in a team which has dominated in 2022.

If there was an AA side for Bigfooty s**t takes you’d be the team captain. Your consistency is red hot.

Can someone with the figures run the coaches votes on Sicily vs any defenders selected in the side?
Sicily had the most of all defenders with 55, key or otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had an amazing season. All the coaches agreed. Statistically brilliant. Fantastic comeback after being out of the game for 18 months. Winning the Peter Crimmins Medal will far outweigh winning a bogus AA guernsey.
Maybe but would have been fitting to have won both.

I hope Sam is on SEN this week because I get the feeling he won’t play nice on this and will go into bat for our players who’ve been pissed upon from a great height by a bunch of media campaigners who don’t even watch more than a handful of games this year.

I hope Sam is on SEN this week because I get the feeling he won’t play nice on this and will go into bat for our players who’ve been pissed upon from a great height by a bunch of media campaigners who don’t even watch more than a handful of games this year.
The Dylan Moore non selection in the squad was bad but this is multiple levels worse.

Unfathomable in it's sh.tness

Do we know how many weeks Sic will get because he missed AA or does it go straight to the tribunal ?

What an absolute disgrace that is , seems the 'parameters' on games missed has changed now .
It's funny, the journos and footy personalities all talk about how they love having big characters in footy and then when one of the best characters in it churns out an elite season of football they give em nothing, and instead they'll reward a bloke who missed games for being a sniper and another who was disciplined by his club for getting into slap fights with his teammates.

Added the stats together, it becomes even more dumbfounding.

He's the leading defender in the AFLCA award, every other player who was leading their part of the field was in the AA team, Sicily however. No.

He's
1st for rebounds
1st for marks
2nd for intercepts
2nd for metres gained
4th for one on ones attended
The two key defenders chosen in the team, Sam Taylor & Steven May were great, well earned. But they had the exact same amount of goals kicked on them directly by their opponent throughout 2022 as James Sicily.

James Sicily was also 2nd in intercepts, behind only Sam Taylor 9.5 and 8.5, May with 7.

James Sicily was 1st for rebounds, May 2nd with 7.9, Sicily 8.1. Sam Taylor had 3.5.

So he is a very good defensive player, he's the best intercept & rebounder in the competition, he is versatile and plays talls and smalls, he leads the backline, he's gonna be the captain of the Hawks side in 2023.

People will look back and not appreciate his year as much because he didn't make it, it's apart of peoples histories as players, their AAs are apart of that, and i can't believe or fathom how badly they've missed this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back