News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Jarrad has been really frustrated with his hands tied behind his back. Hence this possible argument with coke Zero f***er pre game. It sounds like most of the assistant coaches moved on because they called Hinkley out on his poor coaching and ken couldn't take it. Hinkley seems to make a good first impression hence the snake oil salesmen. Then the assistant coaches see through his BS. There seems to be one common denominator and that is Hinkley. Also any coaches like Bassett and Voss who have been around for this ride too long are just Hinkley loving yes men. Or simply put arse lickers.
Harsh on Voss. All reports are he has been much better in his new role. I'd take him over Hinkley any day.

Agree with the rest of your post. Bassett must go, and asap before he destroys MG, Marshall and Lord.

Looking forward to the fan fiction that gets written about the next midfield coach. See you at the footy!

It's disappointing for the rumours to be confirmed. It can't have helped to have had him and Voss both being sounded out for new roles. It's not great preparation and gives the playing group the impression that two significant assistants had their minds on other jobs.

More generally, perhaps Monty is the next in line for the senior role and that was made clear during the year?

Like others, I really wish we could piss Bassett off or at least get him in a role for which he is suited. The forward line has been an obvious problem for years.

Also, it really does seem like we are back in the situation we had with Choco after 2004, when he had far too much power. Like then, it was clear that molding the club around an individual was the absolute worst thing we could have done. But we're back to that well.

Finally, **** off Koch, you arrogant spiv.

It's the assistants that are the problem. Hinkley just needs better assistants.
Absolutely. I would love to swan through life being afforded a highly paid job with minimal expectations, zero accountability for as long as I see fit and still come out smelling like roses.

Anyone decent will be pinched by other clubs. It's no accident Nathen Bassett seems to have bedded himself down at Port Adelaide as Hinkley's right hand man. The two are all in on this and virtually joined at the hip. Bassett is still here because no one else wants him. If they did he'd be gone by now too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone decent will be pinched by other clubs. It's no accident Nathen Bassett seems to have bedded himself down at Port Adelaide as Hinkley's right hand man. The two are all in on this and virtually joined at the hip. Bassett is still here because no one else wants him. If they did he'd be gone by now too.

His wife won't leave Adelaide.

Bloody hell, we're not Centrelink, we're not his wage safety net. Our forward lines is a shambles and has been for years.

Great, so we're stuck with a sh*t assistant coach in perpetuity because his wife doesn't like other cities. How weak.

Yeah don't agree, any coach like Schofield who has one flags in their previous comps has done something right and can coach a 'team', Bass doesn't run the whole team, he's just going to play the political game better.

Our forward line has been shite well before Bass, remember Lade, it's Ken, it's all on Ken, he would want things done a certain way. Bombing it onto Charlies head is no different than bombing it onto Sam Gray's head.....

Hence why Schofield has left, he obviously doesn't want to do it ken's way and found a way to get home. Good on him.

Macca has had sh*t opinions about our coaches for a while.

rEsIGn Ken :drunk:

I'm glad you are happy with our midfield performance on the weekend. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back