Delisted Jed Adcock (2003-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from his uncharacteristic error with the kick in, I thought he had a decent game.

Yep. Best game of the year IMO. Still not in his best form but an improvement on previous weeks.

I think Jed thinks he's a better kick than he actually is. He's an average at best kick but he often goes for very difficult options.

Brisbane Lions co-captain Jed Adcock says airing a few 'home truths' has sparked the side
May 23, 2013
Greg Davis

BRISBANE co-captain Jed Adcock says airing a few "home truths" at the Gabba a month ago kickstarted a salvage mission at the Lions. A frank meeting in the wake of the diabolical 63-point loss to North Melbourne in round 4 put the acid on players to lift their standards, both at training and in the heat of battle. "We still haven't fixed that (but) on the weekend (against Essendon), it was definitely better when the heat came on.

Adcock will play his 150th AFL game on Saturday night when the Lions host Carlton. Having played in just one final since making his AFL debut in 2004, the 27-year-old hopes for a "few more" September outings in his march to the 200-game milestone. "It means a lot. 150 games and 10 years' service qualifies you for life membership to the Brisbane Lions," he said. "I've been very fortunate."

746132-jed-adcock.jpg

Adcock dreams of Finals
May 24, 2013
Sam Lord

Only one of Jed Adcock’s 149 senior AFL matches has been played when it counts the most – in September. And in the lead-up to his 150th match, Adcock has revealed his desire to help guide the Brisbane Lions back to the AFL Finals.

Adcock would have been forgiven for thinking that Finals were going to be a regular occurrence when he was first drafted to the Club at the end of 2003. At the time, the Lions had just secured an historic hat-trick of Premiership, and would go on to play in a fourth successive AFL Grand Final the following year.

Adcock’s sole Finals game came in the Lions’ 2009 Semi Final loss to the Western Bulldogs at the MCG. A fractured knee had kept him sidelined for the three months prior, meaning he was forced to watch the team’s stunning come-from-behind win over Carlton in the previous week’s Elimination Final from the stands.

Adcock’s passion to return to the biggest stage in the AFL is as much for the Club he has devoted the past 10 years of his life to, as it is for himself. A consummate team-man, the 27-year-old took some time out earlier this week to reflect on what it meant to notch up 150 senior games with the Lions. He can also look forward to joining one of Club’s most exclusive groups, when he is inducted as a Life Member at the 2013 Club Champion dinner.

Adcock_150-hero.jpg

Adcock doesn't get much love on here because he is neither young nor a star, but he is one of the few players in our team who's performance don't vary greatly depending on how the team is going. He is able to play his role whether his team mates are going well, or whether they are getting taken to the cleaners.

Adcock doesn't get much love on here because he is neither young nor a star, but he is one of the few players in our team who's performance don't vary greatly depending on how the team is going. He is able to play his role whether his team mates are going well, or whether they are getting taken to the cleaners.
One can do that when they are totally unaccountable for their direct opponent. He has been below average so far IMO.

Yep, some people will no doubt say that I've got no ******* clue, but I thought Jed actually played OK last night and showed some leadership of a very young group.

Like many I screamed when he blindly kicked down the middle from defence, and his habit of picking out the opposition's best mark when kicking out kills me, but I would say that he provides us with far more drive out of defence than anyone else and some of his kicking last night was pretty good.

Yes, Jed can, and needs to, play much better, but I've got no doubt that at the moment we're a better side with him than without him. That might not remain the case for much longer, but for the moment we still need him.

Yep, some people will no doubt say that I've got no ******* clue, but I thought Jed actually played OK last night and showed some leadership of a very young group.

Like many I screamed when he blindly kicked down the middle from defence, and his habit of picking out the opposition's best mark when kicking out kills me, but I would say that he provides us with far more drive out of defence than anyone else and some of his kicking last night was pretty good.

Yes, Jed can, and needs to, play much better, but I've got no doubt that at the moment we're a better side with him than without him. That might not remain the case for much longer, but for the moment we still need him.
Thought he did a pretty good job under the circumstances.

Totally agree :thumbsu:

Big supporter of Jed's. thought he was z future club captain from a very early age. Must admit though it does not appear to be sitting that well with him. Always thought he was good by foot and choose good options Both seem to have deserted him this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am in the minority that think Adcock has been good this year.

He has tried very hard in often very difficult circumstances. His role is to drive attacks from the backline. It means that sometimes we get caught out, but we have to have that run off the back line otherwise we have no chance whatsoever.

Yep he sometimes makes big mistakes, but what I see is a guy giving a great effort week in week out despite the backline being under a mountain of pressure with the amount of ball coming in.

I thought he was one of the few that could hold his head up high after the Collingwood game.

Disposal was not so flash against Fremantle - 18 disposals with a 50% efficiency rating. Did have 8 tackles and 4 1%ers, so clearly he was having a dip. I have been critical of Adcock this year because in my book he hasn't shown the sort of composure we need from a player of his "stature" at the club, but I really hope he can turn it around and have a big finish to the year. Jed Adcock is the sort of player that I think we all want to love, but at times this year it has been hard to, hence the level of frustration.

I might even start a bandwagon if it helps. C'mon Jed!

keep-calm-you-can-do-it-18.png

What is really frustrating me lately is it has become fashionable for some Lions supporters on here to rip into Jed Adcock almost regardless of what happens on field. I am not talking about in this thread but on our board in general it is really starting to annoy me.

I mean calls for Adcock to be dropped to the reserves are just ridiculous. So I decided to look at his stats this year to see if they back up my perspective:

Round 1 = 12 disposals, 5 tackles
R2 = 16 disposals, 1 tackle
R3 = 12 disposals, 6 tackles
R4 = 29 disposals, 6 tackles
R5 = 24 disposals, 0 tackles
R6 = 21 disposals, 8 tackles
R7 = 18 disposals, 4 tackles
R8 = 20 disposals, 4 tackles
R9 = 18 disposals, 5 tackles
R10 = 19 disposals, 2 tackles
R 12 = 18 disposals, 4 tackles

To date Jed Adcock in 2013 is:
- 2nd at the Lions for total kicks
- 5th at the Lions for total disposals
- equal third at the Lions for total tackles
- 6TH BEST AT THE LIONS IN TERMS OF DISPOSAL EFFICIENCY
- ONLY 14TH AT THE LIONS IN TERMS OF TOTAL CLANGERS
- and finally 4th at the Lions for one percenters

These stats are from: http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jed_Adcock.html and http://www.lions.com.au/season/stats

Yeah the stats don't show the whole story, but they can't be easily dismissed either.

It is not as though I am blind to Adcock's failings and I don't mind when they are called out in a rational manner. He frustrates me as well sometimes when he makes the wrong dispossal decision or has a crucial clanger kick.

But you have got to understand his role - which is to provide the run off the half back line to try to create our attacks along with Golby. Without that we would be in even worse shape. Yep that means he can found out by his opponent if he turns it over - but you have to try to attack of the backline to be any chance of winning.

There is no doubt also, like a number of his team mates, he would look a hell of a lot better if he was in a more experienced / better side.

Second everything you said LOTR. Absolutely shits me to death when a poster bags Adcock. We would seriously be cooked without him running out of defence. I don't think people realise that he's often the player that initiates our plays through the corridor. I would love to see a stat on goal involvement for Adcock, he would be right up there.

What is really frustrating me lately is it has become fashionable for some Lions supporters on here to rip into Jed Adcock almost regardless of what happens on field. I am not talking about in this thread but on our board in general it is really starting to annoy me.

I mean calls for Adcock to be dropped to the reserves are just ridiculous. So I decided to look at his stats this year to see if they back up my perspective:

Round 1 = 12 disposals, 5 tackles
R2 = 16 disposals, 1 tackle
R3 = 12 disposals, 6 tackles
R4 = 29 disposals, 6 tackles
R5 = 24 disposals, 0 tackles
R6 = 21 disposals, 8 tackles
R7 = 18 disposals, 4 tackles
R8 = 20 disposals, 4 tackles
R9 = 18 disposals, 5 tackles
R10 = 19 disposals, 2 tackles
R 12 = 18 disposals, 4 tackles

To date Jed Adcock in 2013 is:
- 2nd at the Lions for total kicks
- 5th at the Lions for total disposals
- equal third at the Lions for total tackles
- 6TH BEST AT THE LIONS IN TERMS OF DISPOSAL EFFICIENCY
- ONLY 14TH AT THE LIONS IN TERMS OF TOTAL CLANGERS
- and finally 4th at the Lions for one percenters

These stats are from: http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jed_Adcock.html and http://www.lions.com.au/season/stats

Yeah the stats don't show the whole story, but they can't be easily dismissed either.

It is not as though I am blind to Adcock's failings and I don't mind when they are called out in a rational manner. He frustrates me as well sometimes when he makes the wrong dispossal decision or has a crucial clanger kick.

But you have got to understand his role - which is to provide the run off the half back line to try to create our attacks along with Golby. Without that we would be in even worse shape. Yep that means he can found out by his opponent if he turns it over - but you have to try to attack of the backline to be any chance of winning.

There is no doubt also, like a number of his team mates, he would look a hell of a lot better if he was in a more experienced / better side.

Whilst this is all true you must also look at the impact his opposition has had on ALL of our losses. He is clearly playing far too loose as a backman which is why I think he has been moved to the midfield. We don't have the talent to cover his man defensively and have him run off and create, so his opposition has been burning us far too often. I assume he is following the directive of the coaching staff but IMO he needs to be moved up the ground permenantly or shift his game to be a little more defensive.

His decision making has been attrocious at times too, though he's hardly on his own there.

Not all positive: Adcock
28 June 2013
Sam Lord

Co-Captain Jed Adcock says the Brisbane Lions have learned less from the team’s stunning final quarter comeback against Geelong last Sunday, and more from what went wrong in the opening three quarters of that match.

However, Adcock said the come-from-behind victory has helped reinforce the players' resolve that they can match it with any team. "We have to look at how we ended up being 52 points down," Adcock told The Examiner on Wednesday. "But that (result) gives you belief that when you get your structures right you can get the results you need.

Adcock also said having a more settled line-up should lend itself to a more consistent level of performance throughout the second half of the season. "This year we've had some bad injuries and suspensions which has hurt our core group,” Adcock said. "So once we've got reasonably fit, that went a long way to helping us be more consistent.
Adcock_Away-article.jpg

Your AFL players' favourite song

JED ADCOCK - BRISBANE

Paradise - Coldplay

Adcock says: "I'm a fan of the whole album."

Cameron Adams says...

WHO? Yes, the new U2 again.

WHY? 'Paradise' is Coldplay's biggest hit globally – it was the most successful rock song of 2011. It's everything Coldplay do well – it's simple but highly effective and that "Para, para, paradise" refrain sealed the deal. They've probably got better songs, but this is Coldplay at their anthemic best.

RATING: Goal!

Each unto their own...but listening to Coldplay before a game.:eek::eek::eek:

Geez Jed, how on earth is that shite supposed to get you fired up.

And no metal amongst that list at all. Holy Christ, what is wrong with today's footballers...disappointing lads.

Merrett would have loved to contribute to that article.

And no metal amongst that list at all. Holy Christ, what is wrong with today's footballers...disappointing lads.

Can't believe <Player Name> listens to <band/genre I don't like>... Why don't they listen to <band/genre I like>? What is wrong with them?!*

*Hope people don't think I like Coldplay after reading that post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back