Jeremy Cameron: 100 goals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will Jeremy Cameron become the first player since to kick 100 goals in a season since Lance Franklin in 2008? Would you go to a game as a neutral just for the chance to see it happen? Would you run onto the field?

It's only speculation at this stage, but I think the possibility of this achievement warrants a thread and it'll be fun to keep a watch on Cameron's progress towards the milestone.

Wow only the 10 billionth time this has been brought up in the last week. No, he won't get it, 70% of his goals were in three massacres. Will not happen every week. Remember they said the same thing about Tex in 2021. Got nowhere near it.

Wow only the 10 billionth time this has been brought up in the last week. No, he won't get it, 70% of his goals were in three massacres. Will not happen every week. Remember they said the same thing about Tex in 2021. Got nowhere near it.

Well no, they weren’t. He kicked 11 goals in 3 defeats. If they lost every game between now and the end of the season and he averaged that many in all of them he would finish with 90.

Watching Cameron play this year reminds me of watching Nathan Brown playing in 2005. Cameron is averaging 19 disposals and 4 goals a game while Brown averaged 20 disposals and 3 goals a game before breaking his leg.

Let's hope Cameron stays fit for the whole season because if Geelong go deep in finals again and he stays fit, I have no doubt he'll kick 100 goals this year.

My question is if Cameron kicks his 100th goal in a final, do fans run onto the ground? Remembering when Fraser Gehrig kicked his 100th goal for the year in a preliminary final and fans running onto the ground killed all St Kilda's momentum, in a game ultimately decided by a goal.

It'd be amazing if he did and I'd be rooting for him if it got close towards season's end.

He's had great accuracy so far this season (27.7) so he'd need to keep that up. It's also easier to have a bad day (1 or 2 goals) than it is to have a great day (6+).

Playing eight more games at GMHBA could be helpful given his familiarity with the place and but could be a hindrance in poor weather.

Also needs to stay fit and not find himself in any MRP trouble.

So I think it's unlikely. One bad day or missed game can be very hard to catch up. Two might be impossible.

I think if he can consistently kick 2-3 goals in the tougher games and get some big hauls I can see him getting 85 if he plays every game.
Will be super hard to play every game and get the 100 in the season. I think if he's going to do it he needs some consistent 5 bag games, and a few super bags of 10+ goals.

Doubt it will happen though.

Plays in finals might get it in a grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will probably play at minimum a final or two so I'd suspect he gets 80 odd.

Tomahawk reaching full fitness won't help him. With him hindered we've been much more Jezza centric than usual. Jezza has been sensational but that's certainly helped his form.

Hawk looks to be back to his best so I'd suspect they become more of a 50/50 split like previous years for the remainder of the season.

We will probably play at minimum a final or two so I'd suspect he gets 80 odd.

Tomahawk reaching full fitness won't help him. With him hindered we've been much more Jezza centric than usual. Jezza has been sensational but that's certainly helped his form.

Hawk looks to be back to his best so I'd suspect they become more of a 50/50 split like previous years for the remainder of the season.
I think if he gets a 16-18 bag game maybe. just maybe.

Cats supporters, would you run onto the field to congratulate Cameron in a final or grand final if he reached the ton then, if that costs the team momentum? I'm all for the fun and rarity of pitch invasions, but surely in a final it's risky.
ask Plugger35 or SaintBilly

Cats supporters, would you run onto the field to congratulate Cameron in a final or grand final if he reached the ton then, if that costs the team momentum? I'm all for the fun and rarity of pitch invasions, but surely in a final it's risky.
Yes, it's getting close to a once in a lifetime thing really.

Well no, they weren’t. He kicked 11 goals in 3 defeats. If they lost every game between now and the end of the season and he averaged that many in all of them he would finish with 90.
He probably should have kicked 3-4 more against Gold Coast too. His accuracy this year is even more incredible when you consider he's already had a horror game in front of the sticks.

And no, I wouldn't run on the ground if I was there. If you're past your mid-20s, I think you should probably give it a miss.

He probably should have kicked 3-4 more against Gold Coast too. His accuracy this year is even more incredible when you consider he's already had a horror game in front of the sticks.

And no, I wouldn't run on the ground if I was there. If you're past your mid-20s, I think you should probably give it a miss.
Depends on the game I reckon.

I was there for Buddy's 1000th last year, and with the game dead and buried (as well as it being a historic event) no body had any qualms about running on the field.

If it was to be a tight final I suspect things might be treated differently.

Depends on the game I reckon.

I was there for Buddy's 1000th last year, and with the game dead and buried (as well as it being a historic event) no body had any qualms about running on the field.

If it was to be a tight final I suspect things might be treated differently.
Even then, once you hit a certain age, I don't really see the point. I don't think it makes the story any better, telling the grand kids 'I ran out on the ground when Buddy kicked his 1000th/Jezza kicked his 100th", as opposed to simply "I was at the ground..." meh... each to their own, I can safely say it would do nothing for me. And all the phones in the air with people filming themselves... yuk.

Taken a hit the last few weeks. 27 after six rounds has turned into 34 after nine rounds. I dare say anyone betting on the ton would have expected more against Adelaide, Essendon and Richmond. At the moment I think his only possibility is to do it in the finals.

Maybe we should be focussing on Curnow.

Taken a hit the last few weeks. 27 after six rounds has turned into 34 after nine rounds. I dare say anyone betting on the ton would have expected more against Adelaide, Essendon and Richmond. At the moment I think his only possibility is to do it in the finals.

Maybe we should be focussing on Curnow.

Curnow has to kick 4+ this week.
Can't see either player bridging the gap now.

Since this thread was made Cameron has kicked 3, 3, 1, 0 and 2. So much will have to go right for any player to kick 100 in a season again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back