MRP / Trib. Jeremy Cameron makes contact with umpire while celebrating a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron careered into the umpire due to his carelessness in not watching where he was running. Others get fined or suspended for minor umpire contact, so I see no reason why Cameron should escape sanction merely because he gave the appearance of caring for the umpire after the collision, as you have suggested should be the case.

If you look at the wide angle and see where the umpire is running in from, it's as much his fault as Cameron's which is why I suspect they didn't even fine him

If you look at the wide angle and see where the umpire is running in from, it's as much his fault as Cameron's which is why I suspect they didn't even fine him

I demur. The umpire is looking where he is running and moving in a predictably straight line. Cameron is not looking where he is running and veers in a way that would not be perfectly predictable to the umpire. If both were looking where they were running then there would not likely have been a collision or if there was, it would likely be more minor. The main contributing factor for mine is clearly that Cameron was not watching where he was running. If he was he would not have veered towards the umpire.

4 in 16 years, yeah relatively close enough. The fact we were a top four team essentially that entire time probably adds to the continuation of those years just feeling like 16 continuous successful years.

Off topic discussion really, but Geelong won 1 final against a top 4 team in the 10 years from 2012 to 2021. I am glad you recognise that as success, if your name was geelong_sane26 you wouldn't.

Off topic discussion really, but Geelong won 1 final against a top 4 team in the 10 years from 2012 to 2021. I am glad you recognise that as success, if your name was geelong_sane26 you wouldn't.
If 4 flags in 16 years with countless top four finishes isn’t successful then nobody is successful. We have been by far the most dominant and successful team in the AFL period

If 4 flags in 16 years with countless top four finishes isn’t successful then nobody is successful. We have been by far the most dominant and successful team in the AFL period
I’m thinking you don’t know what countless means. Regardless, Hawthorn with 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 in the AFL era and 8 in 33 is the modern benchmark.

You beat a team that finished top 4 in a final in only 6 of those 16 years. So by that measure you had some degree of credible success in 6 of the last 16 years. That is a very good effort to be respected. Let's not pretend you have had 16 continuous successful years.

Hawthorn have won 5 flags in the AFL period.

Geelong and Eagles 4

Richmond and Brisbane 3.

Collingwood Sydney Essendon North Melbourne Adelaide 2

As my Brazilian friend used to phrase it...I don't this so you have been the most successful team in the AFL era....let alone by far the most successful.

It is very mean of you to acknowledge the number of my many Geelong related posts but to totally ignore the sterling work of your litter mates in responding with 10+ posts for each one I have made. :)
Considering you have well over 10% of posts in this thread I'd say your maths is off.

Considering you have well over 10% of posts in this thread I'd say your maths is off.

Nice observation. But neither the foolish Cat supporting mongoose to whom I was replying, nor I, were limiting the subject to just this thread. So you might want to go back and read the actual conversation before going off quarter cocked in future...:)

You beat a team that finished top 4 in a final in only 6 of those 16 years. So by that measure you had some degree of credible success in 6 of the last 16 years. That is a very good effort to be respected. Let's not pretend you have had 16 continuous successful years.

Hawthorn have won 5 flags in the AFL period.

Geelong and Eagles 4

Richmond and Brisbane 3.

Collingwood Sydney Essendon North Melbourne Adelaide 2

As my Brazilian friend used to phrase it...I don't this so you have been the most successful team in the AFL era....let alone by far the most successful.
4 flags and 1 season of missing the finals over a 16 year period is considered “some degree of success”?. You are not a subtle troll or an overly bright one.

If your going to troll at least try and be somewhat believable with your lines

If the AFL was consistent, Jeremy Cameron cops a fine. It was accidental, but that isnt the point..

However, I am not sure in what universe the AFL has ever been consistent!

For what it is worth, I think Cameron should have copped a fine.

**Edit: I also think Rohan should have got 4 weeks for his tackle on Jiath. I think the action is what needs to be penalised, not the outcome. Day getting two weeks is very harsh in comparison, even though Close went face-first...

I dont recall it feeling very successful 😅 They gave us plenty of joy during those Autumn and Winters though, which was more than most fans got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL was consistent, Jeremy Cameron cops a fine. It was accidental, but that isnt the point..

However, I am not sure in what universe the AFL has ever been consistent!

For what it is worth, I think Cameron should have copped a fine.

**Edit: I also think Rohan should have got 4 weeks for his tackle on Jiath. I think the action is what needs to be penalised, not the outcome. Day getting two weeks is very harsh in comparison, even though Close went face-first...

I differ slightly on this. I think the AFL should set mandatory minimums on head threatening prohibited actions. Non prohibited actions like bumps or accidental collisions etc should be considered on the merits of each case. And then add from there according to intent, force, outcome. These sling tackles are a horrible part of the game and I think should start at 2 weeks if not 3. But the players also need a bit of assistance from the rules. Once the arms are both pinned I think this should be a ball up called immediately, and so players will learn that as soon as the arms are pinned in a tackle we can stop fighting, it is a ball up regardless.

Doesn't deserve a suspension - but the AFL has always fined a player for making contact with an umpire, even if accidentally.

In fact, I still recall Matt Thomas from Port Adelaide once got suspended for making umpire contact after he was pushed into the path of the umpire.

Countless others have been fined, including this season.

So how does this not get a fine?

Doesn't deserve a suspension - but the AFL has always fined a player for making contact with an umpire, even if accidentally.

In fact, I still recall Matt Thomas from Port Adelaide once got suspended for making umpire contact after he was pushed into the path of the umpire.

Countless others have been fined, including this season.

So how does this not get a fine?

The AFL hasn’t always fined/suspended players for umpire contact. The AFL and the MRO go through phases of clamping down on certain behaviours and then they don’t.

But this sort of rhetoric that this is always punished, just reinforces the belief to a number of mentally challenged individuals on this site that Geelong are somehow looked after.

I’ve followed this game for 20+ years, I saw Matthew Stokes be one of the first players to fall victim to the phase of protecting the player with their head over the pill and cop 4. I watched Hawkins get weeks for jumper punching after plenty had gone before him. I watched Shaun Burgoyne sling P Dangerfield in the most reckless fashion imaginable and slam his head into the turf and walk away with little more than a fine. I saw Cam Mooney get suspended 4 times in a season, twice for gut punches that for the next decade got nothing more than a fine.

You know what I learnt from it all? Don’t expect consistency or fair justice from the MRO. There are no favours to certain teams or players, it’s just an absolute lottery and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

But trying to suggest every umpire contact incident has been punished until Cameron, just gives more ammunition to the clowns that started this thread.

People froth at the mouth about anything I guess?

The whole incident ended up being quite endearing because Cameron and the umpire handled it so well.

Great optics for the AFL.

Yes we should rag doll the umps as often as possible because it looks great when you pick them up off the ground and give them a man hug afterwards. Jesus wept.

The AFL hasn’t always fined/suspended players for umpire contact. The AFL and the MRO go through phases of clamping down on certain behaviours and then they don’t.

But this sort of rhetoric that this is always punished, just reinforces the belief to a number of mentally challenged individuals on this site that Geelong are somehow looked after.

I’ve followed this game for 20+ years, I saw Matthew Stokes be one of the first players to fall victim to the phase of protecting the player with their head over the pill and cop 4. I watched Hawkins get weeks for jumper punching after plenty had gone before him. I watched Shaun Burgoyne sling P Dangerfield in the most reckless fashion imaginable and slam his head into the turf and walk away with little more than a fine. I saw Cam Mooney get suspended 4 times in a season, twice for gut punches that for the next decade got nothing more than a fine.

You know what I learnt from it all? Don’t expect consistency or fair justice from the MRO. There are no favours to certain teams or players, it’s just an absolute lottery and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

But trying to suggest every umpire contact incident has been punished until Cameron, just gives more ammunition to the clowns that started this thread.

Geelong copped some perfectly fair suspensions 15 years ago and this proves they are treated even handedly by the AFL in the current epoch. What impeccable logic you have displayed here z digits....

Ok, well Neville Crowe getting absolutely done over in 1969 by the Tribunal obviously means Richmond are maltreated by the AFL for all time then.

Geelong manufacturing industry has re-started. Currently producing imbeciles by the container load. :)

Geelong copped some perfectly fair suspensions 15 years ago and this proves they are treated even handedly by the AFL in the current epoch. What impeccable logic you have displayed here z digits....

Ok, well Neville Crowe getting absolutely done over in 1969 by the Tribunal obviously means Richmond are maltreated by the AFL for all time then.

Geelong manufacturing industry has re-started. Currently producing imbeciles by the container load. :)
Almost as compelling as your evidence that Geelong are looked after and far less time devoted to it 😂

Yes we should rag doll the umps as often as possible because it looks great when you pick them up off the ground and give them a man hug afterwards. Jesus wept.
You are such a bleeding hypocrite. Dusty smashed a goal umpire's shoulder, didn't say as much as sorry, but that was excusable because....

We saw footage of the incident earlier in the thread. The Geelong imbecile factory rolls on...
There's only one imbecile and it's you for starting this absurd thread which has done nothing more than prove just how childish, bitter and twisted you are in respect to Geelong (by your own admission).

Umpire consoles Cameron.
Report if Tiger.

There's only one imbecile and it's you for starting this absurd thread which has done nothing more than prove just how childish, bitter and twisted you are in respect to Geelong (by your own admission).
I’d suggest the imbeciles might be those who engage.

I don't recall ever implying that should be the case.

Silly generalisations, arguing in bad faith and using smooth brain strawman arguments.

You really don't offer much to this thread do you ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back