News Jimmy Toumpas signs with Swan Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

The similarity was that Schulz was at a place where it was unlikely he would get opportunities. Moore started 2015 as first or second in line for a midfield injury or form call up. He is now about fourth in line after Arch and Sam Gray leapfrogged him. Schulz was never going to get significant opportunities up forward at Richmond as they had Matthew Richardson.
OK, but that puts Schulz more in the Stephen Gilham camp, than the Andrew Moore `even if he had opportunities I'd want to delist him because we can do better' camp.

How many outside players do we have?

Polec has a potentially career ending injury, Matt White is 29 next year, Amon is still very young.

This is where we need depth and if the coaches think he is a good fit, why would we back him in to do the job?

+1 Summarises exactly why we should be chasing Jimmy.

Polec has a potentially career ending injury, Matt White is 29 next year, Amon is still very young.

This is where we need depth and if the coaches think he is a good fit, why would we back him in to do the job?

I think we should develop Neade as an outside mid.

Career ending injury....wtf...is there any truth to that?

Or are we just assuming? Stretching the truth?..or have no idea but adding a bit of mayo to my post?

Or are we just assuming? Stretching the truth?..or have no idea but adding a bit of mayo to my post?
Navicular is the same as Trengove from Melbourne suffered and he seems to be on his last legs there, Egan I think played through 2007 with Navicular pain and spent the next 3 years in a moon boot. Polec is no guarantee of ever returning as the player we saw in 2014...

Navicular is the same as Trengove from Melbourne suffered and he seems to be on his last legs there, Egan I think played through 2007 with Navicular pain and spent the next 3 years in a moon boot. Polec is no guarantee of ever returning as the player we saw in 2014...
Wow this is the first I have heard of this...it really feels like I have been kicked in the beanbag...

Nothing moore does has conviction like black or white. It's always in the Gray. Hang on, that's confusing.

I reckon with Polec's nasty foot injury port will be looking to insure themselves with more line breaking outside players. Tough ask and not many available. From what I have seen of Toump don't think he is anywhere near calibre of Polec. But if comes as value, why not!

I reckon Andrew Moore showed a bit as an outside accumulator when he fell into that role on occasion. Haven't noticed him do a whole lot as an inside mid though, is it possible he is being played out of position? I don't think he has many weapons, but if he plays smart he can still have an impact just by getting into good positions and using the ball well, assuming he defends well which I'm actually not sure about.

I do think he lacks belief regardless, and if he goes to another club and finds that belief then he could definitely improve significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sounds Loniesque based on some of the descriptions of him.
I would be more inclined to use John Rombotis-esque if describing his negative potential.

Domo Arigatoo Mister Rombotis

I think we have a different view of what constitutes mental stuff.

Schulz had already performed as a forward, and done ok as a half back, and while his off-field habits were a bit dubious, he had a brain for the game. Moore has not exhibited this - he's a good physical specimen, and I've never heard of him being a player that gets out on the booze or illicit drugs or whatever, but footy nous? Nah.

Well yes, I was referring to confidence not footy smarts. I do think Moore has shown enough to indicate that's he's capable at AFL level but his last 2 years have been poor, not unlike Schulz's last 2 years at Richmond.

Toumpas to Port, Andrew Moore to Essendon and Jake Melksham to Melbourne

Think every one comes out happy

Picks have to be involved. No way are Moore or Toumpas the equal of Melksham. And neither have a 4 year deal in front of them like Melksham does.

Not necessarily any truth to it. Very poorly managed navicular's can stuff a career up: Matthew Egan, Jack Trengove.
In the case of Egan, he was (is?) suing geelong for badly managing his foot and ruining his career. So the failure cases are more a result of particularly poor management rather than it being a career ending injury.

There have been many successful returns from naviculars: James Hird, Jimmy Bartel, Shaun Higgins, Jack Grimes, Alex Fasolo. Basically the media, along with a lot of people on the crows board, are playing up that he may never play again which is the complete opposite from what we've heard from the port medicos who reckon Polec will be ready to resume full training at the start of preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back