Jobe Watson - worst f/s pickup in living memory ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by bogan_blue
Until this season I would have said rhyce Shaw, but he showed something this season, but that Jobe Watson ... Oh boy, I don't think he played many games, but he certainly didn't show much did he ?
I still maintain he was only drafted because of his name, and I would be surprised if he played 50 games or more of AFL football.

the kid is 18 years old you gooseand i bet you will eat your words.

P.S. atleast we give our fathers sons the chance to have a crack at their fathers team.Unlike Kenny Hunters son!

Originally posted by electricsix
tim watson is capable of playing better footy than vinv waite next year

Classy.......

Jobe is 18 years olf FFS. An 18 year old who had op.

I saw him play two VFL games, and was ok. Good in close, deep kick and thinks the game out well.

He is not at all quick, but he has a naturally big frame that may fill out well enough for a KP.

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
Classy.......

Jobe is 18 years olf FFS. An 18 year old who had op.

I saw him play two VFL games, and was ok. Good in close, deep kick and thinks the game out well.

He is not at all quick, but he has a naturally big frame that may fill out well enough for a KP.

Doubt he'll be a KPP more of a Hf/hb flanker who can outmark their opponent while run into the midfield and create mis matches.

Re: Re: Jobe Watson - worst f/s pickup in living memory ?

Originally posted by xlr8r
the kid is 18 years old you gooseand i bet you will eat your words.

P.S. atleast we give our fathers sons the chance to have a crack at their fathers team.Unlike Kenny Hunters son!

Am, apparently Kenny Hunters son wasn't needed at Carlton (we had a good look at him, but they don't rate him that highly)

Richmond made the right choice passing on Jason Cloke to pick up Couglhan who will be a far better player than Cloke.
I don't think clubs can afford to automatically pick sons of champions anymore.

agreed they cannot automatically pick up the sons

however disagree on jobe

david parkin was quoted as saying he was a top thirty pick and anyone who knows footy agrees

he can seriously play

his first season was injury interrupted reserve judgement until this time next year

winderlich and walsh are the jewels essendon has ; both super quick, tough and skillfull

Karl, you are a deadset drug *******.

Hard to judge a kid injured when it counted this year.
Will certainly remember this thread in future, but I already know that Karl is a fool, so I won't wste my time bookmarking etc.

Looking forward to ANOTHER year of the cats finishing higher than the blues in 2004? That'll be 3 straight since you jumped on the blues won't it?
Jeez, that's gotta hurt.
:D

Re: Re: Re: Jobe Watson - worst f/s pickup in living memory ?

Originally posted by bogan_blue

Richmond made the right choice passing on Jason Cloke to pick up Couglhan who will be a far better player than Cloke.

Well, well, well! There is a first for everything!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are plenty worse FS than Jobe, what a stupid thing to say really.

*edit, I am even stupider for not seeing the thread start date, but still its a stupid call.

When did dustin play his 400th? I thought the only reason he is playing next year is because he didnt make it this year.
Fletcher will retire a 400 game player unless (touch wood) he get's injured.
There are plenty worse FS than Jobe, what a stupid thing to say really.

*edit, I am even stupider for not seeing the thread start date, but still its a stupid call.
There isn't many better Father-Sons than Jobe Watson.

Yep.

Even came close to a Brownlow in the year Mitchell and Cotchin won it.
This Brownlow?

037910-jobe-watson.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back