Joe Daniher v Darcy Moore - who will be better?

Who will have the better career?

• Joe Daniher

Votes: 163 62.0%
  • Darcy Moore

Votes: 100 38.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of David King's in this thread wanting to wait until after the fact to do their analysis. Make a call now while both are raw talents.

Moore is going to be a more complete player than Daniher. Daniher is a straight ahead lead and mark type - which he will be elite at but his kicking for goal may keep him in the Travis Cloke echelon (very good KPF) rather than out and out champion. Moore is going to be more of the Roughead type, gun forward who is just as comfortable below his feet and in the midfield.

A lot of David King's in this thread wanting to wait until after the fact to do their analysis. Make a call now while both are raw talents.

Moore is going to be a more complete player than Daniher. Daniher is a straight ahead lead and mark type - which he will be elite at but his kicking for goal may keep him in the Travis Cloke echelon (very good KPF) rather than out and out champion. Moore is going to be more of the Roughead type, gun forward who is just as comfortable below his feet and in the midfield.
No offense but you haven't seen much of Daniher if you believe that.

No disrespect to Moore but Daniher is the best of a very strong generation of key position forwards.
After today's game I want to revise my vote from "Daniher clearly" to "we will wait and see in 3 years". Moore was ridiculously good for a 200cm first year player today. Lightning fast for his height, great pack mark and reliable kick. Still makes a few mistakes in general play but there is a pureness to his play that, with the exception of one other player I've seen, is unique.

They should get rid of father son though imo if they keep on gifting the best players in the competition to certain clubs. It really does undermine the whole concept of equalization and the draft.

After today's game I want to revise my vote from "Daniher clearly" to "we will wait and see in 3 years". Moore was ridiculously good for a 200cm first year player today. Lightning fast for his height, great pack mark and reliable kick.

They should get rid of father son though imo if they keep on gifting the best players in the competition to certain clubs. It really does undermine the whole concept of equalization and the draft.
No. Father Son rule is one of the only good rule's left in the AFL, even though they've made it worse.

No offense but you haven't seen much of Daniher if you believe that.
Of all the young key position players I still feel that Moore is the biggest unknown quantity, however today showed is that there is a lot to be excited about.

The smart money is still on Danniher and Cameron being the best of the young KPF's but Moore could be anything.

Of all the young key position players I still feel that Moore is the biggest unknown quantity, however today showed is that there is a lot to be excited about.

The smart money is still on Danniher and Cameron being the best of the young KPF's but Moore could be anything.
Hogan?

Couple of over the top handballs and a soft free hasn't changed the overall standing of the two. Daniher is and will be better.
How predictable.

As I said, after that performance, the jury is out on any comparison between Daniher and Moore. What I think is clear however is that Moore is clearly better than Paddy McCartin - he is much bigger, faster and more flexible in that he can play in both defence and attack. I've always thought that selecting McCartin over Petracca was a mistake however not only is he not a shadow on the top KPF's of recent drafts - he isn't even the best KPF in his draft.

Both will be great players, albeit different types despite their height/build similarities, so it's a bit hard to say who will be better.

What I do know though, is that it's rare to see a player of that height with Moore's combination of raw athletecism and marking ability, whilst being a lovely set shot to boot.

The speed he showed yesterday was freakish for a 200cm player... Absolutely rapt that we have him.

Who'd you vote for?
Neither, yet. It's too early to say and we haven't seen enough of Moore to comment on how good he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they both have a bit of arrogance maybe not daniher as much now he's been around a few years but when your old man takes home 2 Charlie's or you have the footballing pedigree of daniher ya can't blame them.
Moore for me, I see Daniher going down the Cloke Accuracy % for most of his career

Daniher has put some weight on over the last few years. I actually think he needs to now put in the effort over the preseason to build his tank. If he can start to get up and and down the ground he will become a beast. His height and jumping ability will make him an unbeatable opponent if he can also tire out his defenders.

Interesting comparison cos there are a lot of similarities between the two. Will be an interesting thread to revisit in three or four years when Moore has played more football.

I think it'll take longer for Moore to cement a place in the Collingwood forward line than it has for Daniher, so career wise for goals and what not Daniher will likely finish with more. Moore however may become a better big game player or a game breaker once hes had 2-3 seasons in the AFL.

Collingwood has lot more Forwards then Bombers Had/Have so Danhier player a more Major Role then Moore does at the Moment

Collingwood has lot more Forwards then Bombers Had/Have so Danhier player a more Major Role then Moore does at the Moment

Not sure that's correct other than Cloke the others are bits and pieces players.

Not sure that's correct other than Cloke the others are bits and pieces players.
And Essendon don't have a Cloke equivalent.

Well Cameron and Daniher are Older and Played more Games. So them being more Known then Moore at AFL Level is About Right

Think Daniher will be a monster in a few years because he marks the ball at the highest point. Moore did have an excellent game for a 3rd gamer, speed on his side also.

Both will be great but I'd still take Daniher in a heartbeat.

Both Teams would Take Either in a Heartbeat

Back