finrod

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Who is the better player out of the 2 Coreys? I am going to go with Enright as I think he would have won the B&F last year if it wasn't for injury...

Probably Corey.

Joel that is. Why? Its when he wins the ball,neutral ball, that would give him the slight edge IMO.When he clears the ball from the middle he has a slightly higher inpact than Enright, who mainly gets the ball on the HB or in a chain of possesion.At his best though Enright contributes to score board pressure thru his quick in bound ball. If Corey can continue to kick goals like the last couple of weeks he could win another B&F

Taking nothing away from Smithy, because his possession play is fantastic, but if Boris had been able to string a couple of full seasons together without something getting broken or torn, he would be a recognised AA . His skills across half back are VERY underrated, and his absence last year just happens to coincide with some of our most shocking losses where we were forced to play Rahilly in that role.

As good as JC is, i would have to say that i feel Enright is more damaging and dangerous player.

If he stays on the park this year, i have no doubt he will be an All-Australian and Best & Fairest winner.

If it was not for his injuries last year, he would already be an All-Australian and IMO also have a B&F trophy in his cabinet case.

It would be interesting to see if he was leading the B&F when he first went down last year. I think he may have been. Does anyone know?

Enright for me - needs a full injury free season to really establish his reputation. He is one of our players that slips under the guard of other teams.

Love his work off the half back line - but will have more time in the middle this year IMO.

Gotta love Smithy though.

With the form that Smithy's in at the moment I've given him the edge over Enright. Joel has seriously got to be among the best players in the league right now.

WestCat said:
With the form that Smithy's in at the moment I've given him the edge over Enright. Joel has seriously got to be among the best players in the league right now.
Yep, I'd say since the start of 2005, he would be one of the top 5 midfielders in the AFL.

And if he keeps his form up for the rest of the season and doesn't get AA selection, something is very, very wrong.

Back