Jonathan Trott going home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trott: "I don't feel it is right I'm playing knowing that I'm not 100% and I cannot currently operate at the level I have done in the past. My priority now is to take a break from cricket so that I can focus on my recovery. I want to wish my team mates all the very best."

Has nothing to do with Warner's comments. None of the Australian players nor CA knew of his condition.

can't help but feel as though he'd be playing in Adelaide if Warner hadn't had a crack at him on the weekend.

Bell to 3 and porky Ballance into the side i guess, an African for an African

That's actually a pretty big loss for the Poms. Trott absolutely massacred us in 2010/11 and I was expecting him to hit back pretty hard on the Adelaide wicket. As bad as he was in Brissie, this swings the odds even further in our favour. I personally can't stand him as a cricketer but I do wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shame, undoubtedly his copping from the English media after Day 3 would've done the trick.

Bairstow to replace him. Ballance has choked twice on this tour and on his ODI debut. Plus he's a left hander so mixing that amount of nerves with Johnson wouldn't be a fun sight for Andy Flower.

Stokes could be the smokey if Anderson continues to give up half way through an innings because conditions aren't in his favour and no ones getting bowled by Swann by going for the six.

Reminds me a bit of what happened with Trescothick. Hopefully this doesn't effect Trotts international career to the same level.

From memory though - Trescothick left before the tour commenced.

The timing of Trott's departure is unfortunate given the working over by the Aussie cricketers and considerable public speculation he has had in the past few months.

I wonder how Bell will go if he is in very early. Could be a real chance to knock him over early if we can get Cook and Carberry out cheaply.

Been a while since Bell has batted at three I think. Last time I remember is against India in 2011 where he absolutely creamed them. Quite sure that's where he has his highest score (massive partnership with Pietersen?)

A boon for us really, a class player despite his performance in the first test.

However it's a bit worrying for the bloke, I'd hate to see his career affected long-term from this. Wondering if he'd had an anxiety disorder for a while before, or if he's just feeling the pressure too much and is getting physically ill because of it. Wish him all the best, hope he can sort out whatever is affecting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back