News Josh Hill has agreed to come to Hawthorn

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks should some how try and involve Daniel Merret into this deal.

Pick 19 to the Lions, Hill and Merret to Hawks, Sherman to Dogs.

Bulldogs would have to try and sweeten the lions for giving up Merret to Hawks.

This would solve the Hawks Back problems as well. Just a thought if we look at entertaining a 3 way deal for Hill

Hawthorn won't trade their first two picks Pelchen said

I'd like to see that happen, but it's a big risk for the Hawks to let go pick19 if Hill and Merret prove to be flops. Both are a little inconsistant maybe to let go pick 19.

Good get for the Dogs to only give up Compo pick and Hill to get Sherman!

Voss would also love Picl 19 and the compo pick as well!

Pelchen I'm not so sure about???

This one was cooked up yesterday by someone on the dogs board or a variation of it, might even be somewhere in this thread actually, Pelchen has stated as recently as last night (TWR) we won't be parting with picks 19 or 37 as we intend to carry them through to the ND.

:spade:

Harbrow compo pick is not that bad maybe between 26 to 29.
yeah it isn't i wasn't saying that, i would use comp, 2nd round, and both 3rd rounds on kids then upgrade 2 of Skipper, Peterson, Moss or Brust.
downgrade Tuck and idk who else.
then we would have to de-list 6 players.
that's a fair turnover.
We dont really have to hold on to the #19 unless we are affter a kid in the draft thet might go before we can get him.

yeah it isn't i wasn't saying that, i would use comp, 2nd round, and both 3rd rounds on kids then upgrade 2 of Skipper, Peterson, Moss or Brust.
downgrade Tuck and idk who else.
then we would have to de-list 6 players.
that's a fair turnover.
We dont really have to hold on to the #19 unless we are affter a kid in the draft thet might go before we can get him.

From what i have heard there are three KPD in the ND who can slot in to a team straight away? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

It's highly doubtful that three KPD will last past pick 20.

Id rather hang on to 1st and 2nd round pick and go to the draft.

I'd offer the dogs pick 52 (better than pick 61) and package up with Ladson.

Ladson is surplus to requirements even though I Still think he has much to offer our club.

Hadn't seen this posted before - apologies if double-post - just an insight into our initial approach (according to Denham anyway, who couldn't even get the fact that Suckling is now senior listed right).

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345

Hawthorn's acquisition of Hale may scuttle its plans to trade in contracted Western Bulldogs forward Josh Hill. The Hawks initial deal to the Dogs for Hill involved the swap of the rookie-listed Matt Suckling, who played five games for Hawthorn this year. It was met with an immediate rejection from the Dogs.

The Hawks initial deal to the Dogs for Hill involved the swap of the rookie-listed Matt Suckling, who played five games for Hawthorn this year. It was met with an immediate rejection from the Dogs.

What?

Haven't they seen his kick?

It's beautiful!

so.....
Bulldogs lose: Hill, Compo
Bulldogs gain: Sherman
Lions lose: Merret, Sherman
Lions gain: #19, Compo
Hawks Lose: #19
Hawks gain:Merret, Hill

Bulldogs get shafted. We would have to sweeten, possibly with the pick we got back from the Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pelchen, Hooper, Thorp, Dowler, Zac Dawson, Mat Little, Cam Pederson all go to Brisbane

Sherman to Hawks

Yes i know it involves kidnapping at gun point, but make it happen Jeff.

We havent taken a player from Port for a while, perhaps rioli for motlop

I'd say that the dogs wanted the pick to use in a trade for Sherman.

They'll be a little peeved at how things are tracking.

That's exactly what they want. But we're not in the business of helping the dogs improve their list. If Hill was worth a second round pick the club would have done the deal.

Just heard on SEN (10.45 pm) there might be a play for a KPD come Monday. The commentator (forgot his name) seems to think we're cooking something up before the deadline.

Who knows. It's the silly season and so much crap is said to make discussions interesting.:rolleyes: Would be nice though.:eek: Would much rather this than wasting too much time on Hill (which won't get done).

If they want a second and a third round pick - in the spirit of negotiation we give two third round picks - they give their compo pick and one of the third rounders to Brisbane to get Sherman.

If we keep our first and second round picks I'm happy, If one of them is used to pick up a good KPD then even better.

Asking for pick 37 is overs, regaurdless of our needs. We hav'nt tried Breust. Shiels or Savage may be worth punt in the forward line.

Leon Davis's name has been thrown around and I would prefer to offer pick 119 for him.:D

I'm with the Pelch, keep our pick 19 and 37 for the national draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back