Traded Josh Hunt (2001-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: No. 8 Josh Hunt

Good game from Josh. That free kick in the pocket against him was pure bullshit. He did some nice things, took Medhurst out of the game when he came on.

Thought that Hunt played pretty well Friday, got Johnson in the 2nd half when he moved forward and broke even - one time used the body beautifully to nudge Johnson out of the contest, it was absolute poetry.

Id say he'd be considering his position at the end of the year , apparently not too happy being in the VFL again. He has been dropped more than once this year when he really had done little wrong and I'm sure he would be a regular at 8-10 other clubs in the league.
So , the question is what's his contract situation and who would most be interested in him if he was determined to go elsewhere . I could see a side like Sydney be interested , his mature body and lethal left foot would suit them.

Id say he'd be considering his position at the end of the year , apparently not too happy being in the VFL again. He has been dropped more than once this year when he really had done little wrong and I'm sure he would be a regular at 8-10 other clubs in the league.
So , the question is what's his contract situation and who would most be interested in him if he was determined to go elsewhere . I could see a side like Sydney be interested , his mature body and lethal left foot would suit them.
He played positive, constructive footy in the VFL against Ballarat- not angry stupid play as we've seen before. Set up a number of goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joshy, what a star! PREMIERSHIP PLAYER!!!!!!!!!! Took that titanic head of Ebert out of the game.

Was I dreaming or did I see Josh kick TWO right foot kicks on Thurday Night against Port?
Both didn't look too bad either.
:)

Yup, they were both pinpoint passes too.
The most impressive thing was how he took that mark, snapped his leg, limped off, had it re-aligned and then came back on. Pure guts from Joshua.

What a game from Josh today. Dominated Milne and provided run from half back. Even kicked a goal himself. :D

Josh was on fire last night. A number of gutsy marks in traffic. His kicking was a visual treat.

Josh tweaked a knee in the intra club match yesterday.... he looked a bit sore after the game too. Hopefully just a minor problem and he'll be back to his phenomenal self in a week or so.

Hunt to have surgery after rupturing ACL

Geelong's worst fears have been confirmed with scans showing a serious knee injury for Josh Hunt

12:44 PM Sat 14 March, 2009

SCANS have confirmed that Geelong premiership backman Josh Hunt ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in Friday night's NAB Cup grand final win over Collingwood at Docklands.

Hunt, 27 today, was running for a loose ball with Magpies forward Paul Medhurst in the first quarter when his left knee buckled beneath him.

Geelong said in a statement on Saturday morning that Hunt is likely to have surgery in the coming week.

Coach Mark Thompson was preparing for the worst after the game and the injury will almost certainly sideline Hunt for the entire season.

Hunt has represented the Cats in 122 games since his 2001 debut and has held a key role in defence throughout the side's rise to the top bracket of the competition.

Starting his career as a midfielder, he played two senior games in 2003 before a serious stress fracture in his leg ended his year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/73227/default.aspx

Devastating! :(

Looks certain that Josh is gone for the season and it leaves our backline exposed a little. David Johnson can come in, but his disposal is questionable and he's not at the level of Josh.
I guess now we wait for the surgery and go from there. Pray for Joshy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back