List Mgmt. Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, if you cant see this thread is chock-a-block full of delusion, denial and revenge fantasies then maybe you should put those stockings on.;)

jks, every board has crazies and fanatics, and this thread is just another example of the insanity that is bigfappy....you have to admit, some of the posts are pretty funny.

Sydney supporters won't talk to you so you come over here?

Hey, if you cant see this thread is chock-a-block full of delusion, denial and revenge fantasies then maybe you should put those stockings on.;)

jks, every board has crazies and fanatics, and this thread is just another example of the insanity that is bigfappy....you have to admit, some of the posts are pretty funny.

The only thing delusional was the Odds on the Swans for the Flag prior to the 2014 Grand Final....That, & the fact that Swans fans still think that the 2012 Flag was won on merit & of your own accord!:drunk:.

Father son rule is rubbish anyway.

There was a John Kennedy III too, unfortunately he died of SIDS very young.

Congrats to Josh and his wife Ana who had a baby boy during the week. Another generation in the Kennedy dynasty at Hawt-- oh, wait. Sorry.

Congrats to Josh and his wife Ana who had a baby boy during the week. Another generation in the Kennedy dynasty at Hawt-- oh, wait. Sorry.

I wonder if this one will be able to kick to a teammate?

Ouch, that's a bit mean. Still, with the COLA allowance being taken away and severe pressure on your acadamies to be abolished I suppose you'll need all the help you can get for the future. After all, it's been a while since you didn't have an AFL given advantage.

Kennedy certainly played a major part in the swans stopping the Hawks from winning back-to-back fla-- oh, wait. Sorry.

Trolling by a moderator. Well I never.

I've always wanted to know what 'trolling' felt like. It's actually kind of fun. Have moderators ever 'gone rogue' before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always wanted to know what 'trolling' felt like. It's actually kind of fun. Have moderators ever 'gone rogue' before?
You obviously haven't seen much of Chief's work.

Why did I come on here? Oh, that's right, we have a bloke running around in our reserves by the name of Tom Mitchell, a highly-rated father-son selection, who is perceived as being a slow midfield extractor who can't kick. He can't get a game in our current midfield as he is competing for a spot in the 22 with Kennedy, Hannebery, and Parker. (Sound familiar?) A few of us on our board found the parallels to be quite striking reading through what Hawks posters were saying about Kennedy before he came to us. So I did have a contribution to this thread, but in general I was just being an arse :p

I understand it was for a different role, I was just making the point regarding our Salary cap.
Joey did understand he was behind those 4, it obviously played a major part in his move along with Hawthorns non committal towards him in terms of tenure.

Would have been interesting if he had of stayed though, Sewell had a down year in 2010, pressure for spots wasn't as strong then as it has been for the past 3 years.

At Dermy said the other year, once the Hawks recruited Burgoyne we had to get rid of Kennedy. A superficial analysis that is better put as:

1. Once we recruited Burgers we had to cut a young mid for list balance and for our salary cap.

2. We could have cut Tuck or Morton or Muston but given that these were ordinary players and our list management was being by the king of ordinary, the pelican himself, then it was easier to piss off Kennedy because there was already a good offer on the table.

3. A heart to heart with Clarko where Clarko pointed out how a s**t a player he was, in spite of performing quite well in 5 of the last 6 games for the 2009 season, and an insulting one year contract when it was standard to give even head cases like Thorp two years, finally got the message through to the lad and the rest is history.

At the time he was cashiered I was severely pissed off. The family tradition is one of the few bits of old style footy left in the game yet to be fully corrupted by the corporate avarice and utter waankery of the scum at AFL HQ.

Who among us was unmoved by watching a second generation Langford make a great contribution whilst winning his first premiership?

As for Kennedy's potential opportunities at the Hawks in 2010, it turned out that Burgoyne missed the first 6 games that season which may have given JK3 a chance to start the season in the seniors.

Last edited:

Is it trolling to "like" every post which replies?

You're not very good at this.

Are we expected to get upset about a kid who in 17-18 years time may not even be good enough to play AFL footy? Who growing up in NSW with likely a build like his dads is going to be pressured by his schools and mates to play rugby instead? Who would only get to the Swans if everything else went right assuming certain rules that even now are being questioned are still in place nearly two decades later?

Why did I come on here? Oh, that's right, we have a bloke running around in our reserves by the name of Tom Mitchell, a highly-rated father-son selection, who is perceived as being a slow midfield extractor who can't kick. He can't get a game in our current midfield as he is competing for a spot in the 22 with Kennedy, Hannebery, and Parker. (Sound familiar?) A few of us on our board found the parallels to be quite striking reading through what Hawks posters were saying about Kennedy before he came to us. So I did have a contribution to this thread, but in general I was just being an arse :p

It is an interesting comparison. What are the Swans going to do with Mitchell. You gave him a big contract to keep him and you are not even using him. It is not the best business (post CoLA ;))

So pick 39, 46 and 70 for Mitchell and McGlynn?

It is an interesting comparison. What are the Swans going to do with Mitchell. You gave him a big contract to keep him and you are not even using him.

It is interesting, but I don't know yet. It's taken us 24 pages and we still can't figure it out. ;) Many of our posters are of the view that if we aren't going to play him we should trade him, but that won't happen while Tom is happy living in Sydney and his dad is at the club.

Are we expected to get upset about a kid who in 17-18 years time may not even be good enough to play AFL footy? Who growing up in NSW with likely a build like his dads is going to be pressured by his schools and mates to play rugby instead? Who would only get to the Swans if everything else went right assuming certain rules that even now are being questioned are still in place nearly two decades later?

Exactly. Talk about worrying about something that may never happen!

All the best to Josh and his partner and the new baby. As for dynasties, isn't the rule of thumb that they peter out by the third generation? Probably what we are seeing with the Kennedys at Hawthorn. Enjoy what we had and move on I say*.

*Does not apply to Buddy who I am still bitter and twisted about :$

It is interesting, but I don't know yet. It's taken us 24 pages and we still can't figure it out. ;) Many of our posters are of the view that if we aren't going to play him we should trade him, but that won't happen while Tom is happy living in Sydney and his dad is at the club.

How much do you guys still owe us for Kennedy? We will be needing a replacement for Mitchell soon enough ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back