Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Blight used to drag players for not centering the ball when they had a shot from the boundary even if it went in. He wouldn't tolerate selfish players. The thing that really got me here is he's been doing this a lot and the goal he went for wasn't an easy shot, the handball option was the correct one regardless of whether McHenry could convert from it or not. I think he burns any other team mate in McHenry's position and if he didn't pass to him because he thought he wasn't skilful enough to receive a handball and run into a open goal then there are much deeper issues at the club, you got to trust your team mates to do pull off fundamental skills. I know McHenry is awful but he had a right to have a go at Rachelle. I'm just worried that this guy's ego is getting too big that he's starting to forget about the team
We aren’t talking about shots from the boundary are we. Keep on track.
He should be encouraged for taking a shot from there not criticised for being selfish. A pretty easy shot for him. A handball may have missed the target, McHenry fumbles, trips over misses the goal numerous reasons. Why is he even there when he’s supposed to be keeping the shape anyway? Kicking for goal was correct.
Rachele is confident in his abilities and should be allowed to build on it, not have it beaten out of him like it seems to happen to a lot of our players.

Campo on 5AA before was having another pot at him for the celebrations ffs.... Said he 'didn't like the shush against the Carlton crowd'....

It's literally the least of my concerns tbh, if Rachele wants to rev the team up and particularly the supporters of the opposition no issues from me.

Campo on 5AA before was having another pot at him for the celebrations ffs.... Said he 'didn't like the shush against the Carlton crowd'....

It's literally the least of my concerns tbh, if Rachele wants to rev the team up and particularly the supporters of the opposition no issues from me.
Yeah, let's remove player celebrations to go with a boring game plan, lack of goals to suck out the enjoyment for supporters...

... & the AFL wonders why we have few characters left in AFL.

Yeah, let's remove player celebrations to go with a boring game plan, lack of goals to suck out the enjoyment for supporters...

... & the AFL wonders why we have few characters left in AFL.

I don't understand how it's even becoming a talking point - we have so many issues at the club and Rachele pumping his fists after a goal isn't one of them.

This one annoys me, and we do it here too.

Most of the time we're all complaining about the lack of characters in todays game, lack of personalities, how it's not as good as the old days.

Then the second someone gets a stupid haircut or does a celebration, talks some trash in the media and before that it was coloured boots, we want them to change back and "focus on football".

Even opposition, yeah we talk crap about them, but the game needs characters we love to hate.

Anyway, good on him for addressing it, if thats what he wanted to do personally. But a couple of non-marks weren't the reason we lost, there are a few others who could have done that before he did.

Last edited:
I don't understand how it's even becoming a talking point - we have so many issues at the club and Rachele pumping his fists after a goal isn't one of them.
Absolutely!

For instance the boundary umpire signalling out on the full for ROBs shots at goal is a bigger issue

What’s to say Rach hasn’t made the decision to tone it down himself given the attention it brings to him when he *s up?

And be honest, if he was an opposition player carrying on the way he does most here would have a different opinion.

This one annoys me, and we do it here too.

Most of the time we're all complaining about the lack of characters in todays game, lack of personalities, how it's not as good as the old days.

Then the second someone gets a stupid haircut or does a celebration, talks some trash in the media and before that it was coloured boots, we want them to change back and "focus on football".

Even opposition, yeah we talk crap about them, but the game needs characters we love to hate.

Anyway, good on him for addressing it, if thats what he wanted to do personally. But a couple of non-marks weren't the reason we lost, there are a few others who could have done that before he did.
Yeah, always thought the celebrations were good. A sign the players are actually enjoying their football - plus it's an entertainment industry. Weird thing for the club or any fans to care about.

But why would that matter?
Are you suggesting why would it matter if an opposition player was carrying on? Well it would matter to a number of us, we’d be thinking he was acting like a flog and he would cop criticism.

But because he’s our player it’s “why is the world getting him to change, the way he carries on is awesome.”

Just imagine if he was a Port player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s to say Rach hasn’t made the decision to tone it down himself given the attention it brings to him when he *s up?

And be honest, if he was an opposition player carrying on the way he does most here would have a different opinion.
You would prefer a game where players don't celebrate after a goal?

Not me as I enjoy players getting excited about a goal... including classy opposition goals.

Also, improves the atmosphere of a game... like when Eddie kicked those magical goals.

This just appears a distraction by AFC to divert our attention from actual problems at our club they would prefer not to discuss.

You would prefer a game where players don't celebrate after a goal?

Not me as I enjoy players getting excited about a goal... including classy opposition goals.

Also, improves the atmosphere of a game... like when Eddie kicked those magical goals.

This just appears a distraction by AFC to divert our attention from actual problems at our club they would prefer not to discuss.
Players celebrate goals all the time, so not sure your point there.

Not comparable how Eddie and Rach carried on.

You’d truly be ok with how Rach carried on to those Carlton supporters if it was DBJ giving it to Crows supporters?

I don’t think this was instigated by the AFC. Nothing indicates it was. IMO Rach is reacting to how he copped it which is in part due to the way he carries on and has decided to remove the target from his back.

Players celebrate goals all the time, so not sure your point there.

Not comparable how Eddie and Rach carried on.

You’d truly be ok with how Rach carried on to those Carlton supporters if it was DBJ giving it to Crows supporters?

I don’t think this was instigated by the AFC. Nothing indicates it was. IMO Rach is reacting to how he copped it which is in part due to the way he carries on and has decided to remove the target from his back.
It doesn't bother me when opposition players celebrate a goal. I respect good play by the opposition.

I enjoy emotion & passion in the game.

The fact this is even being discussed rather than the numerous real problems at the club says everything...

It doesn't bother me when opposition players celebrate a goal. I respect good play by the opposition.

The fact this is even being discussed rather than the numerous real problems at the club says everything...
I hate it when they celebrate goals in soccer.

They shouldn’t be allowed to. they should just score the goal and walk back to the middle.

Would make the spectator far more enjoyable…

Good on you, I think the majority who are behind Rachs carry on would object to DBJ doing it.

Rach discussed it on his weekly 5aa piece yesterday, where else is it being discussed besides here? We have no say on the clubs problems and anyhow there’s about 10 threads covering those issues.

Good on you, I think the majority who are behind Rachs carry on would object to DBJ doing it.

Rach discussed it on his weekly 5aa piece yesterday, where else is it being discussed besides here? We have no say on the clubs problems and anyhow there’s about 10 threads covering those issues.
I doubt it.

We aren’t talking about shots from the boundary are we. Keep on track.
He should be encouraged for taking a shot from there not criticised for being selfish. A pretty easy shot for him. A handball may have missed the target, McHenry fumbles, trips over misses the goal numerous reasons. Why is he even there when he’s supposed to be keeping the shape anyway? Kicking for goal was correct.
Rachele is confident in his abilities and should be allowed to build on it, not have it beaten out of him like it seems to happen to a lot of our players.
We literally only need to go back 1 week to see what happens when you pass to McHenry running in to an open goal. Had a ball signed, sealed and delivered onto his tit in the goal square and botched it.

If Rachele passed that to Ned he would've heard my abuse all the way from row N at the top of the Riverbank Stand.

* Campo. I love a good goal celebration. I tend to roll with "time and place" though. Goal in the last quarter to bring us back into the game against Carlton? Hell yes give it to them.

I still remember Rowey Jr pulling out the dumbass celebrations when we were 10 goals down. That just makes you look like a dick.

The only useful purpose Camporeale serves is as anathema to the treatment of young players. Why anyone would risk losing wrinkles on their brain listening to him is a mystery to me.

We literally only need to go back 1 week to see what happens when you pass to McHenry running in to an open goal. Had a ball signed, sealed and delivered onto his tit in the goal square and botched it.

If Rachele passed that to Ned he would've heard my abuse all the way from row N at the top of the Riverbank Stand.
Like I said before if we are not passing to team mates because we are worried about there basic footy skills then something is very wrong with our team. Not passing to someone because they are bad is school boy stuff. I reiterate that McHenry is awful but I think he should be able to pull off a handball receive and make his way to the goal. I don’t think any player in Collingwood would burn there teammates like that

Like I said before if we are not passing to team mates because we are worried about there basic footy skills then something is very wrong with our team. Not passing to someone because they are bad is school boy stuff. I reiterate that McHenry is awful but I think he should be able to pull off a handball receive and make his way to the goal. I don’t think any player in Collingwood would burn there teammates like that

Think you need to watch that goal again, Rachele was nearly straight in front 30-35m out with Ned 10 metres in front of him.

Given Ned couldn’t kick a goal directly in front only 20-25m out the previous week, could you trust him? I wouldn’t. The goal Ned did kick on Friday night could have literally gone anywhere given he kicked it off the ground.

Rachele wants to celebrate, good on him I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back