Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

You should be able to tell the difference between sides at 1080p
If the threshold for broadcasting/viewership is simply "you should not get confused between each team once you put a level of eye strain or concentration on the viewer" you see how it all falls apart? The aim isn't just to avoid literal distinction between the teams - because in theory an identical jumper with different colours shorts could do the job - but to actually make the experience of watching the game as nice and simple as possible.

I don't see how this is controversial when the only defence seems to be some sort of misapplied tradition (as Richmond literally won their drought breaking flag in their clash top and most reasonable Tigers fans subsequently do not care about what colour top they wear in their away games).

The blue and yellow team are playing the black, white and teal team that have giant white boxes on their backs.

"Better add white to the blue and yellow team's uniform" - AFL HQ

How do they keep getting this so wrong; it's not rocket science. The team that has white in its uniform should wear the white shorts. Or put the Eagles in yellow shorts. Any option would be better than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port's stupid white back panel is stupid and creates stupid problems.

It creates an absolute mess against away teams with white based guernseys.
Their 2010-2016 version of the V guernsey was the best version with the all black back with white numbers. They should go back to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really don’t get the obsession with teams wearing white shorts away if it doesn’t make a clash worse.

Melbourne in white shorts to Hawthorn doesn’t make anything worse. In fact it’s better than Navy against dark brown, so who really cares?

Obviously we should just have full clash kits and they should be worn more but this thing about no white shorts ever seems odd to me.

Carl vs Rich ❌ Rich should be in yellow

Coll vs Syd ✅

Ess v Haw ✅

GWS v North ✅

Geel v St K ✅

GC v Adel ❌ Not a terrible one but I’m going with a cross. Adel should be in white, would be much starker

Melb v WB ❌ Bulldogs should be in white

Port v WC ❌ WC should’ve worn blue shorts, no need to introduce white which clashes with Port. Their yellow jumper with white shorts also would’ve been better.

Freo v Bris ✅ All white or yellow would prob be better for Brisbane, but on balance this one was okay.

5/9. Very, very good by the AFL’s own standards.

Yeah the white shorts doesnt always matter - its clear that coloured shorts would often be better but its not a huge issue. But I just reckon it normalises their use as a clash option and then it gets used in games when it does make the clash worse
Agree with the last point but I’ve also been strong on every team having home, away (white) and alternate (third color) and if you’re away you don’t wear your home purely to blanket rule it so of course I’ll agree with it.

Agree with the last point but I’ve also been strong on every team having home, away (white) and alternate (third color) and if you’re away you don’t wear your home purely to blanket rule it so of course I’ll agree with it.
This is in no way required, imo inverting colours like Richmond did will solve nearly all the problems just need to be forced to wear it when needed. Hate teams wearing white when it's not part of their team colours.

This is in no way required, imo inverting colours like Richmond did will solve nearly all the problems just need to be forced to wear it when needed. Hate teams wearing white when it's not part of their team colours.
Yeh I’m well aware, we’ve had this discussion before.

Until they actually do something I think the whole thing shoukd just be prescribed. It’s an away jumper, forget anything but eliminating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back