Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg i posted this thread back2back years! please no one f*** up the three peat next year.

anyways here's a brisbane heritage jumper i made. very simple and quick but i like it.
View attachment 1647234
I've always loved this design, but please use one of the alternative pieces of software recommended previously, those pixels and random paint fills are hurting my eyes!

I've always loved this design, but please use one of the alternative pieces of software recommended previously, those pixels and random paint fills are hurting my eyes!
yeah i will. as i said it was a very quick job

I love the anchor and it so so iconic, but not sure if the red is required when an inverse without adding colours will do.

Also fun fact; this particular anchor was only worn for 10 years, the current kit has now been worn for 12.
White uniforms look weaker, clubs are even moving away from them. Brisbane being an example, and they, too, look so much better with just the maroon, red and gold uniforms. No more white. For Freo, a red uniform looks more stronger, and a good colour contrasting alternative.

Last edited:
White uniforms look weaker, clubs are even moving away from them. Brisbane being an example, and they, too, look so much better with just the maroon, red and gold uniforms. No more white. For Freo, a red uniform looks more stronger, and a good colour contrasting alternative.
Clubs only look weaker if the design is weak in my opinion. The Freo anchor is a strong emblem and would work well (and has, historically).
The Lions example completely doesn't really work as it was sort of forced onto us by Classic. Prior to that design we had already used multiple different clash kits (including the piss-stain), but the Majestic gold kit with the maroon v-yoke worked really well and had some Bears heritage baked in. The current clash one is essentially our original Bears minus the pyramid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Untitled-1.png
Will probs upload my ideal jumper portfolio later on, but wanted to discuss about future jumpers too.

Am I the technically the only person that likes my fat sash AND Carlton's baby blue?

Unless Collingwood wears white at home against the Big 4, how would these work as away jumpers? Not just used against Collingwood and each other, but also as a conventional away jumper against teams they don't clash against.

I considered both contrast and tradition here - when Carlton wore a white sash over their jumper against Fitzroy to create contrast (except white won't work against Collingwood thus went with baby blue. Considered chamois but that will clash against Richmond), and Richmond having a solid black back but reversed.

Clubs only look weaker if the design is weak in my opinion. The Freo anchor is a strong emblem and would work well (and has, historically).
The Lions example completely doesn't really work as it was sort of forced onto us by Classic. Prior to that design we had already used multiple different clash kits (including the piss-stain), but the Majestic gold kit with the maroon v-yoke worked really well and had some Bears heritage baked in. The current clash one is essentially our original Bears minus the pyramid.
The empty white space looks weak. Should be only umpires who wear white uniforms.

View attachment 1650189
Will probs upload my ideal jumper portfolio later on, but wanted to discuss about future jumpers too.

Am I the technically the only person that likes my fat sash AND Carlton's baby blue?

Unless Collingwood wears white at home against the Big 4, how would these work as away jumpers? Not just used against Collingwood and each other, but also as a conventional away jumper against teams they don't clash against.

I considered both contrast and tradition here - when Carlton wore a white sash over their jumper against Fitzroy to create contrast (except white won't work against Collingwood thus went with baby blue. Considered chamois but that will clash against Richmond), and Richmond having a solid black back but reversed.
that Richmond design isn't too bad but I can't see them moving away from the black sash on yellow any time soon. Much cleaner and simpler, they won their drought-breaking flag in it, and it's generally a fan favourite

Bulldogs really should just go back to their 2016 premiership guernsey, which best uniform they had having the all blue collars and cuffs. View attachment 1654728
I dont mind a coloured collar and cuffs for them, but do all the same colour. Don't do red cuffs and a toilet seat neck :(

I dont mind a coloured collar and cuffs for them, but do all the same colour. Don't do red cuffs and a toilet seat neck :(
Contrasting colours like red, white and blue for the collar and uniform don't look good together. It looks so much better all one colour. I think Brisbane recently did that with their Fitzroy guernsey, different colour for the collar, and it just looks worse for it.

Contrasting colours like red, white and blue for the collar and uniform don't look good together. It looks so much better all one colour. I think Brisbane recently did that with their Fitzroy guernsey, different colour for the collar, and it just looks worse for it.
I can't recall where the Lions have done a Fitzroy kit with different collars/cuffs. This season they've gone gold for the Fitzroy kit, which people are still trying to figure out if they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back