41. Mitch Golby
42. Justin Clarke
43. Rohan Bewick
44. Aaron Cornelius
45. Brad Harvey
46. Sam Michael
47. Jack Crisp
48. Stephen Wrigley

Obviously it's very speculative at this stage, considering there haven't been any delistings yet, but are there any players you would like to see promoted to a higher number? Crisp or Yeo imo would be the most likely.

Note: Tippett currently wears number four.

I'd like Crisp to get elevated and get the number 3. I think he's very talented and does all the hard work Vossy would love.

Yeo 3, Golby 12 and Crisp 27. I really rate Yeo. Think he'll be our best player from last years draft.

Still don't get why players covet low numbers. I'd love nothing more to see Golby break Max Kennedy's VFL/AFL record for most games in a #41 guersney.

I was thinking that myself. If I was playing AFL I'd pick a high number that has a low AFL record games and aim to set a new record.

I wonder if there is an actual rule governing clubs' use of high numbers. I know that last year the Lions had kits for every number up to 70 (with one exception), but, of course, 49 and above were set aside for reserves top-ups.

If someone fancied 75 or 93 for example, is there any reason (other than 'you're drawing attention to yourself, son') that they wouldn't be able to wear them?

I wonder if there is an actual rule governing clubs' use of high numbers. I know that last year the Lions had kits for every number up to 70 (with one exception), but, of course, 49 and above were set aside for reserves top-ups.

If someone fancied 75 or 93 for example, is there any reason (other than 'you're drawing attention to yourself, son') that they wouldn't be able to wear them?
I've always thought about this as well. Shaun Rehn used to rep #52.

There has been a slight trend in Italian Football recently where star players are choosing to wear 80something instead of the traditional 1-11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always thought about this as well. Shaun Rehn used to rep #52.

There has been a slight trend in Italian Football recently where star players are choosing to wear 80something instead of the traditional 1-11.

Wayne "The Great One" Gretzky wore 99. I think numbers are very much a "whatever floats your boat" type scenario usually.

I remember in junior footy the odd no.111 running around.

Of course one of those 1's was a strip of tape, but considering how small a gap between the1's are on Pearce's jumper compared to other team's no.11's, I see no reason why someone couldn't be the first AFL player to wear no. 111.:D

I remember in junior footy the odd no.111 running around.

Of course one of those 1's was a strip of tape, but considering how small a gap between the1's are on Pearce's jumper compared to other team's no.11's, I see no reason why someone couldn't be the first AFL player to wear no. 111.:D

Haha yeah.. Remember having to "re-number" player jumpers with electrical tape of all colours, when the kids played up and there was already a number Such n such! Good times at little league.

Some very illustrious jumper numbers in our club's merged history available for 2013, including 3, 8, 12, 27, 32, 33 and 39.

From a personal perspective, no.12 is the one I will watch with greatest interest considering my all time favourite Mickey Conlan and not far behind, Jason Akermanis wore it with such distinction.

I even wore it throughout my entire junior and short lived senior career and always ensure I wear it in the annual solicitors v barristers game.

No doubt, no.3 will be the most sought after, but all 6 available numbers each hold special significance within the club from Voss, to Notting, Keating, Hart, White and most recently Drummond.

Really want Redden to get the coveted number 3. Leuy would also be a good number. Its nice in dreamland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back