Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but given current form is he a better option than Payne? Just putting it out there.

I think if Payne gets back to his form from earlier in the year he’s got more upside so you back him in to get it right.

They decided to push through the ankle problem with Payne when it first occurred. There is no like for like replacement on the list so it would have to be Gardner in if they think a two week break before finals would be beneficial.

I wonder if Fort might come in for a bit of load management for big O, I suppose he just had a week off recently.

Assuming Ah Chee and Linc miss I'd bring in Lohmann or Tunstill and either Fort or Lyons.

Saints are going to be bloody fired up for this.

Hope we are not patting ourselves on the back after taking care of Collingwood. Means nothing at the moment.
We're two weeks from finals with everything to play for and whoever we bring in looking to impress.

If we can't handle the Saints at the Gabba off the full 7 day break we don't deserve 2nd spot.

Expecting a reasonably comfortable win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O has his work cut out with Marshall. Even so, IMO our structure is better with Lyons as sub than Fort. Injury might give Lohman & Prior a game. Not the end of the world.

I could live with this ...
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions 85 - 62 St Kilda
St Kilda

Gabba (QLD)
HGA:
Brisbane Lions
+6.8 pts
Ins/Outs:
Brisbane Lions
+0.0 pts

Although I would prefer it if we got to at least 100 (it's a nice round number :) )

Just watched some of the VFL. Another poster posed the question Gardiner for Payne? Worth considering given Darcy looked to be moving very well getting to contests and having an impact. I judge Payne’s early season form to be better than Darcy’s best, but Payne has been off since that ankle injury and was ordinary Friday night.

on what I saw in the VFL:

Lohmann for McCarthy
Prior for AhChee

lyons the sub

Matho a bit stiff.
That poster was me and it's good that we have depth down back which was a worry at the start of the season. Payne obviously has a niggle and we have a bye coming up, so do we give him a week off knowing we have a good replacement in Gardiner. I would go with the conditioning staff's opinion.

Lyons might be geting back to his form he showed in his three top three BF seasons. He has not been played enough for anyone to be able to voice a definitive opinion. I want him to start next week.

Matho has played far better games than Prior ever has so I would prefer him every day of the week.

Got a young fella starting with us ATM who was doing box jumps, missed and fell backwards and landed on his upper back.

He saw ah chee fall on Friday and said that's the way I landed.

The young fella cracked a vertebrae in the fall. He's fine, but was in a lot of pain for quite a while and it took months to heal.

Hope like hell it's not the same.

Sorry about this, but it’s lose, not loose. It’s my equal most disliked spelling errors, first being rapt (wrapped).

Oh, and it’s coz, not cause. Just kidding ;)
Sorry about this, but it’s equally. ;)

Got a young fella starting with us ATM who was doing box jumps, missed and fell backwards and landed on his upper back.

He saw ah chee fall on Friday and said that's the way I landed.

The young fella cracked a vertebrae in the fall. He's fine, but was in a lot of pain for quite a while and it took months to heal.

Hope like hell it's not the same.
Would not be surprised if he misses this weekend.
I did something similar over Fraser , slipped arse up walking over coffee rocks with rods in each hand so couldn't put my arms or hands to take a bit of the fall.
My legs were straight out in front of me and I fell square on my back between my shoulders, knocked the wind out of me.
Still managed to cast out when the Taylor were biting though, lol.
But it took months to finally lose any discomfort .
Doesn't he already have a crook back or had a niggle, he'll be sore.

The stakes are high for us and low for them. We will get it done and go undefeated at the Gabba in 2023. 😎

Aren't the steaks medium well done for them Nuney, they are playing for a home elimination final. Otherwise they risk going to Sydney.

Saints are going to be bloody fired up for this.

Hope we are not patting ourselves on the back after taking care of Collingwood. Means nothing at the moment.
I doubt we will be taking this lightly. We have as much to play for if not more then the saints.

We won't be taking this lightly, can guarantee it.

1. We finally switched on last week and ran out a game
2. We need to win to lock in top two and (hopefully) no more away games until the GF
3. We are still a legit shot at finishing first, dependent on Collingwood of course but they aren't going great lately, though that is measured out by Essendon going far worse
4. We want to hit the finals running and we will need to beat teams like St Kilda there
5. Some of our kids are still needing to lock down their spots, competition is huge at the club and finals are basically here
6. One game from locking out the season unbeaten at home - this is huge going in to hopefully two home finals

We'll win and do so well, I really feel this is the year. The recent lack of form but ability to win is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back