Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Depending on how results end up this week, if Port and Melbourne both win, then this is still a live game that we will need to take care of.

Would be nice if Saints could win tonight to lock in their place and have less to play for. Would he even better if Hawks and Freo could get up, which would mean less riding on next week for us.

Changes wise. Sounds like Linc will miss at least a week with the calf. I’m hoping Cal might be ok, s**t the guy deserves some luck! Would not surprise me if Cam misses a week for that tunnelling incident either. Couple other boys looked sore, so the 8 day break now will be appreciated.

With 3 attacking players potentially missing, I wonder if it’s worth giving Nakia a shot next week?

In: Kai, Prior (wing role), Cockatoo.
Out: Linc, Cal, Cam.

The last round could get intriguing if Port get an unlikely big win against Freo tomorrow and the saints push us close next week given that Port have Tigers at AO who could get thumped allowing Port to make up the percentage gap although an extremely unlikely scenario.

Only the essential changes this week >

Outs- Callum Ah Chee(back), Linc McCarthy(calf). > Fingers crossed both minor and at full fitness for QF.

Ins- Kai Lohmann, Harry Sharp.

Kai straight swap for Linc, Harry to play as a pure wing with Dev to get even more time on ball.

If as Squizz89 suggested Cam gets a week(unlikely IMO) then I would go Nakia in for him.

Outs- Callum Ah Chee(back), Linc McCarthy(calf). > Fingers crossed both minor and at full fitness for QF.

Kai straight swap for Linc, Harry to play as a pure wing with Dev to get even more time on ball.

If as Squizz89 suggested Cam gets a week(unlikely IMO) then I would go Nakia in for him.
I forgot Harry. Yep given his ressies form I’d play him on the wing instead of Prior. Kiddy grabbed at the hammy, in the last but kept playing so assume it was cramp. It’s a worry and if there’s any concerns again with him Prior would take his spot down back.

Regardless of margins next round, a Lions win and Pies loss = First place; would never have thought that weeks ago.

Also, a big milestone next week for Hippy celebrating game 150. Great achievement for Eric.

Would be absurd if Cam was sighted for that, to me it looked like he lost his footing or tripped causing him to bump into #28.

Changes for me; Kai and Jaxon in for the injured boys in Cal and Linc.

Possible suspension for the tunnel (and for not playing for a Victorian club)
yeah, i don’t see it. I rewatched it on the replay, it looked to me like Rayner was making his run to fly for the mark, Murphy can in from the side and Cam couldn’t jump. Unfortunate incident, but nothing reportable.

As others have mentioned Payne has been well down for at least 6 weeks now. Hopefully he can get a scalp in King next week to take some form into the finals.

I’d envisage Saints will probably try and play Max on Harris, if possible, like his brother did for the Suns, so hopefully we have a plan in place this week to be able to make that changeover and keep Harris free somehow.

yeah, i don’t see it. I rewatched it on the replay, it looked to me like Rayner was making his run to fly for the mark, Murphy can in from the side and Cam couldn’t jump. Unfortunate incident, but nothing reportable.

Same I thought for the Ah Chee incident. 100% a free kick but it’s mostly incidental from having momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same I thought for the Ah Chee incident. 100% a free kick but it’s mostly incidental from having momentum.
Yes, if you suspend one you have to suspend the other.
It is a free kick just like sliding and taking out a player below the knees.
Both can be a bit dangerous but not really listed as a sanction.

Completely agree. The two talls is the way forward and Lohmann + Sharp adds run to negate Ah Chee and Linc as well.

Regardless of margins next round, a Lions win and Pies loss = First place; would never have thought that weeks ago.
I think im wrong again all b/c of those points differential.

At the moment we are +397 (2108 for and 1711 against) compared to Pies are +385 (2041 for and 1656 against) so we are +12 yet our % is 123.20 and still inferior to Pies 123.25. I’m confused.

I guess if Pies win next week it doesn’t matter and if they don’t, we’ll know exactly what we need to win by like that game versus Eagles.

Also we don’t know who’ll finish where but it still may be beneficial not to finish first just like Melbourne probably won’t care where they finish if they play Pies in week one of finals. The net result for either Pies and Dees is that it doesn’t matter where they finish in the top four be it first, second, third or fourth should they play each particularly for Dees. Probably not the best result for the Pies not getting an advantage by not playing an interstate team in week one.

At the moment we are +397 (2108 for and 1711 against) compared to Pies are +385 (2041 for and 1656 against) so we are +12 yet our % is 123.20 and still inferior to Pies 123.25. I’m confused.
Us - 2108 divided by 1711 x 100 =

Them - 2041 divided by 1656 x 100 =

I guess if Pies win next week it doesn’t matter and if they don’t, we’ll know exactly what we need to win by like that game versus Eagles.

Also we don’t know who’ll finish where but it still may be beneficial not to finish first just like Melbourne probably won’t care where they finish if they play Pies in week one of finals. The net result for either Pies and Dees is that it doesn’t matter where they finish in the top four be it first, second, third or fourth should they play each particularly for Dees. Probably not the best result for the Pies not getting an advantage by not playing an interstate team in week one.
Everything in life is confusing.
Lions won by 24 points and our % increased by 0.05%
Pies lost by 24 points and their % dropped by 3.5%

Cause it's percentage.

Lions are so close now, if pies were to loose next week, and we win we'd jump them. I don't think many of us can see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

To be honest if you told me a month ago we were this good a chance to finish 2nd coming into the last round I'd be ecstatic. We've been building some good form these last few weeks.

Looking at St Kilda right now, this should be a really, really good test. Though they tend to go in spurts in games and Geelong does seem to be running on fumes to end this season.

Cause it's percentage.

Lions are so close now, if pies were to loose next week, and we win we'd jump them. I don't think many of us can see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

Sorry about this, but it’s lose, not loose. It’s my equal most disliked spelling errors, first being rapt (wrapped).

Oh, and it’s coz, not cause. Just kidding ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back