Unofficial Preview Changes and discussion v Crows @ Gabba Round 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Playing for the Keays/Hinge/Cameron cup.. Win it and top 4 is wrapped up and top 2 a big chance. Straight forward changes if O and Kiddy get up for the game.

Outs- Darcy Fort, Jaxon Prior.

Ins- Oscar McInerney, Keidean Coleman.

I'm still thinking we need Dev, otherwise Adelaide will murder us. I wouldn't even mind putting Fletcher as the sub if we need to in order to get Dev in. We just need that extra mid.
well he's a natural midfielder in the reserves but he's been chucked on the wing in the seniors for some reason.

Would love for him to get a proper run at it tbh... he has great ability to close down space and chase, chase and chase. All other things will fall into place with more exposure to AFL midfield minutes.

I'm still thinking we need Dev, otherwise Adelaide will murder us. I wouldn't even mind putting Fletcher as the sub if we need to in order to get Dev in. We just need that extra mid.

Agree. Reckon Jaspa needs a break from the workload.

I like the idea of getting Dev into the team, but to play out of position on the wing again?

In: Oscar, Kiddy, Dev
Out: Fletcher, Fort, Prior

Am all in on Fletcher needing a break. If he is struggling to run out games due to fatigue, we can't really carry that. Will be an absolute gun and could really benefit from a rest.

Oh sorry, should have clarified - Berry and Cluggs on wing, Dev into the engine room.
And Ah Chee as he has been great on the wing. Either way we need an extra inside mid badly. Crazy not even trying Dev in there when we struggled inside all day

Am all in on Fletcher needing a break. If he is struggling to run out games due to fatigue, we can't really carry that. Will be an absolute gun and could really benefit from a rest.
Plus one to this. Love Fletcher but he looks tired. Short break from Perth too.

We missed kiddy’s calm kicking a lot.

Dev to play inside mid and half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out Fort Prior Jasper
In Kiddy Oscar Dev

I think Lohman is Sub, Jasper needs a rest. Jasper this week, then McKenna rests against the Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In: O, Kiddy and Dev
Out: Fletcher (rest), Fort and Prior

GROUP THINK

Fagan did praise Dev in the post game and while happy to get the win, he was disappointed with the performance.

Playing for the Keays/Hinge/Cameron cup.. Win it and top 4 is wrapped up and top 2 a big chance. Straight forward changes if O and Kiddy get up for the game.
Marty McKinnon Cup or CEY Cup

Outs - Fletcher (give the young lad a rest for finals) and Prior (unlucky) and Gunston (won't happen, but against quick Crows, would do it)
In - Kiddy and Rich (send off game) and Lohmann (in place of Gunston)

Dev to play full time insider mid and Rich / Zorko to share their role. Would like to see Dan given a send off for a stellar role at the club

Out: Gunston, Fletcher, Prior
In: Robertson, Coleman, Lyons

I’d give Oscar a second week off to freshen up for the Collingwood game.

Inserting Robertson and Lyons stacks our midfield with inside mid grunt.

I think the need to consider what we are going to need come finals and we then need to ‘get it humming’ in the lead up. We were scoring more freely and Cameron, McCarthy, Rayner, Hipwood and Daniher looked better with the TWO TALLS forward set up. With competition for places tight, we need to bolster our midfield more than we need a third tall, which means Gunston goes out.

Coming off the longest footy trip, short break and an adrenaline charged game, all the ingredients for a lazy start this week. Will definitely need to inject some speed in the midfield to get that early spark, Crows will be hungry now that they are back in the finals race!

Looking forward to this game, hopefully the Brisbane Crowd bring their voice.
Should be a cracker.
Would assume they will send someone (Keays?) to Neale because we are a much better team when Neale is up and going and without his influence in the middle we tend to struggle.
Adelaide tend to be a defence first team and will probably go one v one all over the ground which we do struggle to get through at times.
I agree with the group think that Oscar and Coleman if both fit, come in for Fort and Prior. And would really love to see Dev come in for a full game, maybe the only chance of that happening is if Gunston or Fletcher is rested.
I thought Gunston was actually ok yesterday.

Not so sure we will be resting anyone with the pre finals bye coming up, anyone with a niggling injury that would benefit from a week off would be the way to go.

Although if we were to give a player a rest it would be a first year player coming off a 6 day break and the longest road trip in footy. If that were to happen I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Harry Sharp for Jaspa.

Not so sure we will be resting anyone with the pre finals bye coming up, anyone with a niggling injury that would benefit from a week off would be the way to go.

Although if we were to give a player a rest it would be a first year player coming off a 6 day break and the longest road trip in footy. If that were to happen I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Harry Sharp for Jaspa.

Yeah I think they can see Jaspa needs a rest hence subbing him the past fortnight. We'll either continue to manage him via subs or give him a week off. Personally, I think a week off after Perth would be a good move but I am no expert.

Yeah I think they can see Jaspa needs a rest hence subbing him the past fortnight. We'll either continue to manage him via subs or give him a week off. Personally, I think a week off after Perth would be a good move but I am no expert.
Don't undersell yourself Nunez, you would be in the top percentile of expert Big Footy Brisbane board pundits.... I would have you around par with BRAB s level of footy expertness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back