Unofficial Preview Changes and discussion v Cats Round 19 @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuttering at the thought of Rich coming in and trying to corral a Gryan Miers forward entry while 25 metres away from him - Hawkins chest mark for his 5th.

No choice but to bring brutal 4 quarter pressure football this week.
I think we will see it. Parts of last week we looked every part a top 2 team.
four quarter pressure football from the team and better leadership from the back is a must.
Wilmot must of been directed by whoever was back there to go long instead of kicking it back for a switch or different aproach.
If it happened once you go fair enough , but I think from memory it happened at least three times in the Gawn dibarcle.
Wilmot took the wrong option yet again.
Someone back there should of been screaming for it, it certainly didn't look like anyone was.
Propper leadership please from either Harris or payne or give someone back there the athority , maybe Lester.
Then again Wilmot seems to have the biggest set of balls back there, so maybe if he actually takes some learnings enough times and has a brain we can have that leader in the future.
Hoping to belt the Cats , at least make them earn it.

@ 6.25pm for team announcement and following melts I assume 3KZ.
Yep. I am going to go through the traditional Over 50’s Clique Selection Night Routine. Pyjamas, dressing gown, slippers, a cup of tea, a couple of ‘Nice’ biscuits and a good old fashioned rant. I would actually be disappointed if Fagan worked out how to select a team that was free of out of form pets and ex-Hawthorn types.

1689650462282.jpeg

Yep. I am going to go through the traditional Over 50’s Clique Selection Night Routine. Pyjamas, dressing gown, slippers, a cup of tea, a couple of ‘Nice’ biscuits and a good old fashioned rant. I would actually be disappointed if Fagan worked out how to select a team that was free of out of form pets and ex-Hawthorn types.

View attachment 1742604
Do you take under 20s as honourary members? Or have I got a few more laps around the sun to do first?

Do you take under 20s as honourary members? Or have I got a few more laps around the sun to do first?
You are in as an ‘Associate Member’. I’ll put the papers in the post. MSB ROYS and I will nominate you. Your views on issues pertaining to our team are unorthodox yet underpinned by common sense.

My son is hyped about the game. Didn't like the first 15 minutes, or shutting down too early.

But says the rest was super exciting and we are lucky to enjoy this period of success.

How the hell did I raise a footy optimist?!?
So, what was the DNA result. Is he yours?

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Better is of course subjective. Talent and Skill wise, I am sure most rate Rayner above Ah Chee but fitness/endurance, as well as the ability to play a role for 4 quarters, you give the edge to Ah Chee. Cam is more likely to be involved in or start a chain that gets you a game winning goal. Ah Chee is more likely to give you a consistent effort over a full game.

Cam is pure X factor

Really should be noted that statistically going long down the line is the safest way to exit the back 50. It has the highest chance of the ball getting neutralised by either getting knocked out or getting to ground and locking it in for a stoppage. It also has the lowest chance of scoring off it.

Going down the other (empty wing), short or long down the middle are all more likely to score off but much more likely to stuff it up and concede.

But this is completely a statistical view of how to exit the ball and doesnt really take into account who you are playing against (Gawn being probably one of the worst people to kick it at) and how many times in a row we attempted it for little success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really should be noted that statistically going long down the line is the safest way to exit the back 50. It has the highest chance of the ball getting neutralised by either getting knocked out or getting to ground and locking it in for a stoppage. It also has the lowest chance of scoring off it.

Going down the other (empty wing), short or long down the middle are all more likely to score off but much more likely to stuff it up and concede.

But this is completely a statistical view of how to exit the ball and doesnt really take into account who you are playing against (Gawn being probably one of the worst people to kick it at) and how many times in a row we attempted it for little success.

Clubs have fine tuned this long down the line even further this season. Defenders aim for the spot inside the boundary line rather than any player so the ball drops just enough to take one bounce and go over the line. This way its difficult to mark for both teams and any minor contest is enough to take it over the line. We started doing it in some games but I've seen this fade away and we're back to kicking on top of player's heads again.

Cam is pure X factor
Unfortunately the 'X' stands for unknown.

It is unknown if Cam will actually contribute to our team at all on any match day.

He has been a very disappointing number 1 draft pick and I am starting to believe 3KZ's thesis that he has been 'gifted' too many games which means he 'cruises'. He was gifted games in his first season and possibly a week or two in the Twos might help him?

Surely he can’t be serious 🧐
bdec2685b49c808bc58ca986b044d5ff7791a728.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back