Just a little something I enjoyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

"There they came yesterday to this stadium creaking with history, the zebra swarm, the murmuring Magpie army, on foot, in cars, scarves tied tight, shirts proclaiming their allegiance, all 15,000 of them. For an outsider it is dazzling, for this is not Brazil and soccer, India and cricket, this is not a national sport, nor a national team. To be here is to feel close up the powerful spirit of community that drives this game, to witness a compelling act of faith, to be touched by the most peculiar of sporting passions.
Many who arrive here - some sitting quiet, some showing off voices that could pierce a storm - will not be at the grand final.
It does not matter. Just being here is like an act of ownership, of belonging, in an exaggerated sense a sending off of boys to battle. It is all quite beautiful."

By Rohit Brijnath

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii259/westic/th_wbVICPARKgftrain2_gallery__470x291.jpg
wbVICPARKgftrain2_gallery__470x291.jpg

wbVICPARKgftrain7_gallery__470x296.jpg

wbVICPARKgftrain_gallery__470x304.jpg

wbVICPARKgftrain7_gallery__470x296.jpg

God Heater looks 12 years old

I remember that day quite clearly

one of my mates asking "wheres possum?" continually while looking for mcGough

myself looking desperately to see who was the "lucky" player to replace rocca, when i saw molloy hug and high five Tex i knew straight away, of course no one else believed me.

the positiveness coming out of the crowd, we thought we were untouchable. Every single goal, mark, Kick, handpass, tap out during training generated a roar the clearance work they did was awesome that day.

Then kicking the footy around vic park with thousands of other like minded souls, i dont think me my brother or mates left until 8.30pm when we deceided we should get homw to see the end of teh footy show (mum wasnt impressed).

how that week ended so badly, the final training session, the GF parade were fantastic then a body numbing blow to the back of the head saturday afternoon and it was all gone:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back