Roast Football fans and violence the true instigators.

Remove this Banner Ad

Uhmmm. Football ⚽️ is played in front of half the world's population.
Absolutely massive.
Bound to be problems from time to time. In this case in Melbourne. A handful of idiots.
The crowds are mostly well behaved. Even in Europe and South America nowadays.

Idiot with the bucket should face a jail sentence. Inexcusable.
Mate, I'm not talking volume of incidents, I'm talking about the severity therein.

Your claim of South America being mostly well behaved would require the suspension in multiple soccer-related deaths annually in every region, plus the soccer ref that got stabbed and killed in the pitch only a handful of years back.

The "it ain't as bad as it used to be" argument is piss weak too. Sure, going to an Old Firm match is safer than it once was, but you're still in danger of getting hit in the head by projectiles!

You still see the soccer hooliganism in Welcome to Wrexham. It still exists in the UK. But where do you see that in the AFL? The NFL? Gaelic? The Rugbys? Where are the regular projectiles being throw, the pitch invasions, street riots, the need for segregation etc. in the other codes?

The only time I've seen projectiles thrown at a game is against the WCE in the 90's with our ******* fans chucked cans on the park. Generally you never see dust ups at the AFL, other than extreme events like the last Carlton game that was a hilarious perfect storm of s**t going down.

I love soccer, but ya can't ignore the fact that a larger than average contingent of fans' buy in is firmly in the "taking it too seriously" section of the spectrum. If sport is a metaphor for war, soccer fans more than any other sport forget that it's just a game and as such, their irrational behavior is far more pronounced, aggressive and dangerous.

If that’s the case then why don’t we see it in any other sports? Surely those same people attend other events. Needs to stop
Merry Xmas:) Yeah, people can behave differently depending on situation/culture around them, hence why I suggest this is a cultural issue mainly. I am sure a percentage of perps are idiots anywhere of course.

Merry Xmas:) Yeah, people can behave differently depending on situation/culture around them, hence why I suggest this is a cultural issue mainly. I am sure a percentage of perps are idiots anywhere of course.

And a happy christmas to our soccer brothers and sisters....and joy and peace to all the fans across the world!!!

I have heard the low goals stuff for decades, don't buy it. Crowds get together for all sorts of events that turn out duds - plenty of low scoring AFL matches on record - but that doesn't end in violence. There is a culture of violence around the round footy game that goes back a long way - look at the pommie firms and European trends, including Eastern Europe. Its a disease and it was imported to Australia from that history not anything to do with what happens on the pitch. OP way off mark in blaming the media, goes beyond that.

Souther Americans have the Worst Ones they Shoot at each other with Real Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back