Roast Football fans and violence the true instigators.

Remove this Banner Ad

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
You've heard it from me before but it doesn't change the facts.

The Australian media have been meddling with the game for years now and the Melbourne soccer derby is just the latest instance of it.

Any simple alien visiting earth and seeing those despicable media ads could be forgiven for imagining a civil war was about to break out in Melbourne.

It all boils down to pure and simple incitement.

The building up to fever pitch of fans emotions that creates a cauldron of and anger and frustration.

Sure the fans need to be punished but the despicable Australian media slink away scot free and smirking - as usual.

No conservative government would dream of denying Murdoch anything but there isn't a conservative government in power now.

No simple legislation to curb the incontestable power of the media will do because a conservative government when elected will make it their first task to overturn it.

No the question must be put to the people as in a referendum so that changes will be enshrined as the spoken will of the people expressed as a plebiscite.

It's a miracle no one was seriously hurt.

The media is a rabid dog that needs to be muzzled.

Enough is enough.

The elites programming stupid people is a problem, but the inherent stupidity of some people is the buidling block of stupid behaviour. I get all my news from the news.com.au site. Invading chinese and meghan markle are the pressing issues at the moment, but shocking fashion choices are a consistent worry. I'm ready to punch someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've heard it from me before but it doesn't change the facts.

The Australian media have been meddling with the game for years now and the Melbourne soccer derby is just the latest instance of it.

Any simple alien visiting earth and seeing those despicable media ads could be forgiven for imagining a civil war was about to break out in Melbourne.

It all boils down to pure and simple incitement.

The building up to fever pitch of fans emotions that creates a cauldron of and anger and frustration.

Sure the fans need to be punished but the despicable Australian media slink away scot free and smirking - as usual.

No conservative government would dream of denying Murdoch anything but there isn't a conservative government in power now.

No simple legislation to curb the incontestable power of the media will do because a conservative government when elected will make it their first task to overturn it.

No the question must be put to the people as in a referendum so that changes will be enshrined as the spoken will of the people expressed as a plebiscite.

It's a miracle no one was seriously hurt.

The media is a rabid dog that needs to be muzzled.

Enough is enough.

The Fans are Stupid doing that making it look like the Stories are True

The Fans are Stupid doing that making it look like the Stories are True
Of course the fans are stupid carrying on like that but the base cause of that fracas was the media running stories and ads for a week that stirred up emotions and created unrealistic expectations.

Place the main blame where it belongs TD - this is why the media continues to get away with blatant manipulation.

Of course the fans are stupid carrying on like that but the base cause of that fracas was the media running stories and ads for a week that stirred up emotions and created unrealistic expectations.

Place the main blame where it belongs TD - this is why the media continues to get away with blatant manipulation.

You hope people know the Media is Stirring.

We see it with AFL Jurno's

You hope people know the Media is Stirring.

We see it with AFL Jurno's
The core problem TD is that the media were virtually guilty of incitement to riot with the whole Melbourne showdown thing and that's what happened.

Almost any other body or individual would be facing severe criminal charges and public censure.

But the media have manipulated themselves into a legally untouchable position no matter what they do.

Enough is enough.

The core problem TD is that the media were virtually guilty of incitement to riot with the whole Melbourne showdown thing and that's what happened.

Almost any other body or individual would be facing severe criminal charges and public censure.

But the media have manipulated themselves into a legally untouchable position no matter what they do.

Enough is enough.
Hey Jonbe.
Can you post a link or something that proves this.
My understanding is that the anger stems from the leagues decision to sell the finals to NSW.

Hey Jonbe.
My understanding is that the anger stems from the leagues decision to sell the finals to NSW.
Jmac just check the media in the week leading up to the game every ad harping on the bitter rivalry between the clubs.

Irrespective of the leagues decision the atmosphere was set by the media playing up that rivalry, whatever the spark the fuel was those ads.

Reckless and irresponsible.

Because they are legally immune to the consequences of their actions.

Hey Jonbe.

That how I took it as well.

Massive Overreaction Really

Jmac just check the media in the week leading up to the game every ad harping on the bitter rivalry between the clubs.

Irrespective of the leagues decision the atmosphere was set by the media playing up that rivalry, whatever the spark the fuel was those ads.

Didn't the Media did that for RD23 Game vs Carlton this Year?

Isn't that what the media does with grudge or home town matches like Freo v Eagles, or Collingwood v anyone. I am sure I have listened/seen ads using language like war/grudge/revenge/etc. Yet the little violence that happens at AFL can be easily explained by alcohol and idiots, not that fan group vs fan group thing that goes down with the round ball mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back