Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

Remove this Banner Ad

Who mentioned violence. Certainly not me.

So you still maintain non peaceful is anything disruptive?

Was the NSW rail "strike" non peaceful because it was extremely disruptive?

So you still maintain non peaceful is anything disruptive?

Was the NSW rail "strike" non peaceful because it was extremely disruptive?
I'm guessing a large percentage of the million or so people who use the rail on there daily commute wouldn't have found the commute yesterday peaceful.

I'm guessing a large percentage of the million or so people who use the rail on there daily commute wouldn't have found the commute yesterday peaceful.

Can you name three protests you consider peaceful?

The actual protest or the breaking up of a protest?

his issue is with the protest - he thinks anything that disrupts something isnt peaceful

he is the only person on the planet who would not consider Gandhi a peaceful protestor

I don't see why Trudeau is the issue here.

A disproportionately small number of protestors were causing all sorts of disruption and had done so for weeks.

Something had to be done.

Can someone explain what is going on here and why??

Maybe conservatives should support carbon taxes and then we dont have to get rubbish emission regulatory policies such as this.

but oh no conservatives wanted to protest against free market solutions giving the lefties exactly what they wanted. The justification to regulate.

Maybe conservatives should support carbon taxes and then we dont have to get rubbish emission regulatory policies such as this.

but oh no conservatives wanted to protest against free market solutions giving the lefties exactly what they wanted. The justification to regulate.
Canada has a carbon tax

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Canadian Parliament welcomed Volodymyr Zelenskyy to address it late last week, giving him a dozen standing ovations.

However, the talking point came immediately after the address, when the Speaker recognised and celebrated a 98 year old Canadian-Ukrainian "hero" in the chamber, who "fought the Russians for Ukrainian independence during the Second World War".

Viewers with a modicum of understanding of the history of World War II might have stopped and thought for a moment that the Russians were in the Allies during the War, but the thought seemingly didn't cross the mind of Canada's elected officials (or Zelenskyy), who gave a Nazi who fought the Soviets with the SS a standing ovation.

Conservative leader Pierre Poilevre has attempted to score political points on Trudeau on this, as though it doesn't take a knowledge of the most basic of history to know who fought the Russians in World War II.

Anyway, it probably is a perfect example of the absolute emptiness of the current state of Canaidna politics, as well as the boneheaded jingoism of a lot of the anti-Russian dialogue of today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back