News Kane Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

Collins looked pretty average at the intra-club game. dropped a few easy marks and seemed to misjudge the ball coming to him. He may do okay in the VFL but so did Mclean, from memory he averaged 30+ disposals for the year in the 2nds. Still waiting for Collins to come good.

This is the Kane Lucas thread.

After Carrazzo's effort on Sunday, he needs to pull his finger out and lead without Judd, Murphy, Yarran, Gibbs , Walker, Garlett, Betts and Robinson there to spark Carlton. Carrazzo and Armfield still can't be trusted to kick in the backline. You could argue that Lucas needed to pull the trigger a fraction earlier, but our spread and run and carry in the NAB Cup was almost non-existent. Few players were running past to receive due to no numbers around the ball.

Agree with the Carrots and Armfield comments.:thumbsu:

Regardless of the importance of the game consistent shite disposal should not be occurring.

After Carrazzo's effort on Sunday, he needs to pull his finger out and lead without Judd, Murphy, Yarran, Gibbs , Walker, Garlett, Betts and Robinson there to spark Carlton. Carrazzo and Armfield still can't be trusted to kick in the backline. You could argue that Lucas needed to pull the trigger a fraction earlier, but our spread and run and carry in the NAB Cup was almost non-existent. Few players were running past to receive due to no numbers around the ball.

Carrots has an overly high opinion of his own disposal..too many times do i see him not give the ball to a better user. He doesnt hit targets and for some reason thinks he can run around defenders like he is yarran. I feel he needs to remember his role in the team and stick to it.

Carrots has an overly high opinion of his own disposal..too many times do i see him not give the ball to a better user. He doesnt hit targets and for some reason thinks he can run around defenders like he is yarran. I feel he needs to remember his role in the team and stick to it.

THIS!! Could not agree more

Carazzo makes himself a liability, when he should just be getting the ball onto smarter users such as Gibbs, Murphy and co

I actually think Carrazzo has been great this preseason. He certainly dominated in the intraclub and I thought he was pretty good in the NAB too (though I didn't pay as much attention to him as I did to the young players TBH).

This is the Kane Lucas thread.
collins in a similar way to brock was taken and then made some shocking errors which have left bad taste in the mouth
sugar has been injured
all 3 should be given a chance but sugar is free of any X's

Jet and should of played more in the finals last year.. enough said.

Lucas was no good at all ast year, second efforts, intensity and confidence as well as his output were shot to pieces. Looks fit this year and if he stays on the park will probably only get better. It will be interesting to see where he fits in when Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Robinson, Simpson, Scotland, Carrazzo and Curnow are all out on the park. I'm hoping that all the attention goes to Murphy and Judd and perhaps Gibbs and he is the one to sneak under the radar and carve up. He's the sort of player to give us an edge that our midfield lacked last season against the top sides.

God I find it funny how people are going on how players need to lift their game. These are practice games and guys like Carrazzo who have been around and have nothing to prove are basically going to run around and pick up a few cheap kicks.

Had a fairly quiet game today. just 6 disposals. Maybe Ratten decided to use him sparingly, but still he had no impact in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's coming off an 18 month horror stretch, and only played 10 games in the ones. Must have been thought of highly to still play a couple of games last year with his season ruined with injury.

Lets face it, it's bloody hard getting into a midfield with Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, and the rest.

Only 20, looked alright in the early game v PA/AC a month ago.

C: Kade Simpson, Bryce Gibbs, Kane Lucas

I recon he will fit into the mid structure really well. I'm keen to see how he goes, presents value if he gets game time. Just on a SC note, for 223k even if he gets 50's in he first 3 games he will still rise. Im on him.

he is no boy
body and mind of a man
injury free will be a player

That may be the case, but he still has only a couple of years under him and one of those was injury ridden. So in footy years still a boy, hopefully he will show this year how much of a man he can become..

That may be the case, but he still has only a couple of years under him and one of those was injury ridden. So in footy years still a boy, hopefully he will show this year how much of a man he can become..
did a great job with limited time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back